Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Holy Diver is their biggest song, it's always going to be in their set. It's like Metallica taking out Enter Sandman, or AC/DC taking out Back in Black. It's possible and has happened before, but that's a rarity.

That said, killer setlist!
You're kidding, right? It took me AGES to find out they even did a cover of Holy Diver, I'd say that either Rose of Sharyn, Fixation on the Darkness, or My Last Serenade would be their #1 hit.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 04-23-2012, 11:31 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal_descent View Post
You're kidding, right? It took me AGES to find out they even did a cover of Holy Diver, I'd say that either Rose of Sharyn, Fixation on the Darkness, or My Last Serenade would be their #1 hit.
Holy Diver is their biggest song by far. It was blasted for over a year on the radio stations here. Rose of Sharyn, Fixation on The Darkness, and My Last Serenade were never mainstream radio singles. Holy Diver and The End Of Heartache were.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Holy Diver is their biggest song by far. It was blasted for over a year on the radio stations here. Rose of Sharyn, Fixation on The Darkness, and My Last Serenade were never mainstream radio singles. Holy Diver and The End Of Heartache were.
I don't know, man... unlike Enter Sandman or Back In Black, Holy Diver is a cover; it'd be wrong to say that the signature song for a quality band like KSE is a cover.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 04-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

AMAZING!

There is a reason that KSE are within my top 3 favorite bands of all time.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Cowboy From Hell

I agree they shouldn't end their set with a cover song BUT Holy Diver is what they are known best for to casual/mainstream fans. It makes sense. I think they should end it with My Curse or Serenade.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:23 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Dude, My Curse has to be their biggest original hit. I mean, inclusion in Guitar Hero = mainstream fame for the most part.
10/21 King Diamond
10/22 Tombs ?
10/23 Pentagram ?
11/1 Kult ov Azazel
Old 04-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Remember - today is the first day of the end of your life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
Dude, My Curse has to be their biggest original hit. I mean, inclusion in Guitar Hero = mainstream fame for the most part.
This. I only found out they had a cover of Holy Diver later. Plus, ending a set with a cover in kinda lame.

http://www.last.fm/user/voidflame
Old 04-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

This set fucking kills, 8 from Alive or Just Breathing This set would have been worth sitting through all the shit on yesterday's NEMHF.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 04-23-2012, 06:24 PM
N00B

The entire NEMHF was amazing this year, and yesterday was the perfect way to end it. My girlfriend and I ended up getting to Worcester around 12:00 to get a decent parking spot at the Palladium. Luckily her brother lives down in Worcester so we ended up hanging with him for most of the day. We ended up going into the palladium around 6:00. After hanging around for about another couple of hours we went up to the balcony. First band I actually ended up watching was Vanna.

Vanna put on a really good show, which included the singer jumping from the lighting fixture onto the stage at the beginning of the last song, if I remember correctly. Other notable moments were the guitarist jumping in while still playing, I believe he ended up doing this twice, one was with a couple other members of the band. I'm not to familiar with their music so I don't have the setlist.

Every Time I Die was up next. They were awesome. Lots of energy and great crowd response. While I listened to some Every Time I Die prior to the show I'm not to familiar with their song titles. After seeing them last night however I will definitely check out more of their stuff. I have a friend who is a huge fan and I believe he said last night was his 16th or 17th time seeing them live.

So after ETID got off stage a curtain drops over the stage. From what I could see behind the curtain they were taking the Metal Fest banner down, which was up all weekend, and replaced it with a Killswitch one, which ends up being the logo, and the Alive or Just Breathing album cover. Around 20 minutes later lights go out, and the two screens on the side of the stage flash the KSE logo. What follows is a slide show of the band members, to the song reunited. After the song the curtain falls, Numbered Days starts, and the crowd goes completely ape shit. The band was incredibly tight, they ripped through the setlist and looked like they were having an amazing time doing so. Throughout the set Jesse must of thanked the fans for coming out at least 3 or 4 times. Adam also did his share of talking, which included welcoming Jesse back. Adam also thanked the fans for selling the show out, which according to him wake up with a boner the morning of the show. Another Adam D. moment happened after he had technical issues during Life to Lifeless, taking off his guitar and started hardcore dancing for the last few bars of the song. Jesse sounded awesome, he nailed everything, including all the Howard era songs. Another cool moment happened when Jesse dedicated Rose of Sharyn to Howard. The crowd response was amazing, as expected, with most of the audience screaming every word at the top of their lungs. It was totally worth going yesterday, and I'm so happy I ended up going, as stated before it was the perfect way to end an amazing weekend at the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival.

Vanna: 8/10
Every Time I Die: 9/10
Killswitch Engage: 11/10
5/11-Behemoth
5/29-Radiohead
6/26-Maiden
7/1-Roger Waters
8/3-Mayhem Fest
9/16-Kiss/Crue
Old 04-23-2012, 11:42 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

That Killswitch review sounds awesome! Really hope they tour soon with him.

Vanna is shit in my opinion, by the way. One of the worst live bands I've ever seen.

Tags
killswitch engage