Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, ON -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014
Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014

Old 04-23-2012, 05:12 AM
PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?

Clutch -- Toledo, OH -- April 22nd, 2012

Venue: Headliner's
Source: Me

Last night was a pretty interesting night. My buddy and I drove in from Cleveland for the show. I had been to Headliner's once, last year for Between the Buried and Me. It's a pretty cool place to see a show, although it is in a really sketchy neighborhood. We heard that Clutch went on at 8:45 so we decided to try and get there around 8:00 - 8:15. As we pull up to the venue, there was a ridiculously long line outside that didn't seem to be moving. Doors opened at 6:30! We parked and jumped in. It's a good thing Clutch didn't end up going on till 9:00 because we were in line for 50 minutes and just made it in with 5 minutes to spare.

The show was pretty much sold out, so for the venue to have only one guy carding and two guys patting people down was ridiculous for the amount of people at this show. I initially thought Vinnie Paul made sure people got thoroughly searched before the show because of what happened to Dime, but it was just terrible venue management.

Anyways we missed the two openers, Monstro and Kyng, which was no big deal. We were there for Clutch. They played an hour and 10 minutes and busted out one of the best sets I've seen from them.

50,000 Unstoppable Watts
Power Player
Profits of Doom
Cypress Grove
The Elephant Riders
The Soapmakers
Burning Beard
Cyborg (New Song)
The Regulator
The Mob Goes Wild
Pure Rock Fury
British Intel (New Song)
Spacegrass
Electric Worry
One Eye Dollar

They had a huge, insane pit going for the whole set, even during the beginning of Regulator . It was definitely not a typical Clutch crowd, but it was interesting. I also saw something that I will probably never see again: A guy with no legs moshing. This dude came into the pit with two titanium legs and was all over the place. I couldn't believe it. He was getting tossed around pretty good and eventually lost one of them and got thrown out because he got in a fight with someone. It was one of those nights I guess.

We grabbed some merch after the set. I was able to get the Full Fathom Five DVD for $5 and the CD for $1. Hell of a deal! The shirts were $20. They had one tour shirt in black and white that had a factory on the front that said "Pigtown Blues" and a cleaver through it. The rest of the shirts were the same from the last touring cycle. Other CDs were $10 and the Blast Tyrant vinyl was $20.

We stuck around for one Hellyeah song just so I can say I saw Vinnie Paul play live. Then we rolled because it was Hellyeah.

Overall a great night.

Last edited by petrovar; 04-24-2012 at 05:14 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:18 AM
Your friends from Langley are back again...

Nice set. It's hard to be disappointed in Clutch they always bring it when they play live.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Remember - today is the first day of the end of your life

You should have seen Monstro, they're pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrovar View Post
Pure Rock Fury
I would have moshed my life off to this song

Also, nice deals, 10$ is the perfect price for CDs at shows.

http://www.last.fm/user/voidflame
Old 04-23-2012, 01:00 PM
PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidFlame View Post
You should have seen Monstro, they're pretty good.
The funny thing is that even if we showed up at a decent time to catch the beginning of the show, the line we were in would have held us up.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Remember - today is the first day of the end of your life

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrovar View Post
The funny thing is that even if we showed up at a decent time to catch the beginning of the show, the line we were in would have held us up.
Aww, that sucks. Here the doors usually open at least an hour before the shows begin, depending on the venue.

http://www.last.fm/user/voidflame

Tags
clutch