Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-22-2012, 07:39 AM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimmudan View Post
Guys I posted this on Friday but I guess no one saw it.

I leave town tomorrow for a week and have an Overkill ticket/invoice for Bottom Lounge in Chicago.

I am giving it away for free to anyone in the area who wants it can attend the show.

I live in Lisle and can either mail it. It should get to you by Wednesday or fax it. It does have my name on it but I can send an email from my account to yours for you to print showing that I have transferred the ticket to you.

I really wanted to go to this show but could not and would hate to see the ticket wasted.

If you want it, first email to danschacher@att.net gets it. Just put your metalsetlists.com screen name and Overkill in the title and let me know if you want to pick it up or for me to mail it or fax it to you. Dan
Nah I saw it but I can't make it. Awesome offer though, hopefully someone takes you up on that.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Remember - today is the first day of the end of your life

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
Do it. Death Angel is also well worth your time and money!
That's what I thought. Last time I saw Sepultura, they were really fun too. If I'm still on strike at school next week, I'll be there for sure!

http://www.last.fm/user/voidflame
Old 04-22-2012, 08:58 AM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
Shit, I don't care about the albums after Arise but I get why people like Chaos A.D. and Roots. Why they would play anything after Roots is beyond me, no one wants to hear that.
Sepulnation is an ok song (but only if Igor drums it) Chaos AD has it's moments, and I don't like Roots. But, as it is the last "classic" Sep album...

Look, Kairos was announced as "teh best in years", "heavy" "trash" etc, but I heard only like 30 seconds and knew enough. Bad set, no matter how good they are live.

Last edited by MetalIsArt; 04-22-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:45 AM
N00B

its honestly gotta really suck being Derrick Green. I kinda feel for the dude. He has basically lived under Max's shadow for several years and fans still want only stuff from the Max era. There have been a few bands where that have had memorable vocalists and when they lose em, the band still comes back with an equally good singer that fans eventually adapt too. Shit, it happened for George with Cannibal Corpse. But Derrick, my o my he must really hate Max!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:08 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickweiser View Post
its honestly gotta really suck being Derrick Green. I kinda feel for the dude. He has basically lived under Max's shadow for several years and fans still want only stuff from the Max era. There have been a few bands where that have had memorable vocalists and when they lose em, the band still comes back with an equally good singer that fans eventually adapt too. Shit, it happened for George with Cannibal Corpse. But Derrick, my o my he must really hate Max!
It's not that he's a bad vocalist, the band just hasn't written any good songs in years. If they went back to writing good thrash metal after Max left then I don't think people would really care that they got a new vocalist.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Cannibal Corpse improved with Corpsegrinder imho.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Besides, the only reason that this version of Sepultura still exists is because of Kisser's stupid refusal to reform.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:39 AM
Remember - today is the first day of the end of your life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
Besides, the only reason that this version of Sepultura still exists is because of Kisser's stupid refusal to reform.
Hmm, I don't know if you've ever seen Cavalera Conspiracy live... Max isn't who he used to be. He doesn't even play his guitar (he only does open notes with his volume turned down) and he doesn't have that much energy anymore. The new Sepultura line-up slays live, and I don't think that Sepultura with Max Cavalera would release an incredible album. Just look at the recent Soulfly and CC albums, it's nothing exceptional.

http://www.last.fm/user/voidflame
Old 04-23-2012, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidFlame View Post
Hmm, I don't know if you've ever seen Cavalera Conspiracy live... Max isn't who he used to be. He doesn't even play his guitar (he only does open notes with his volume turned down) and he doesn't have that much energy anymore. The new Sepultura line-up slays live, and I don't think that Sepultura with Max Cavalera would release an incredible album. Just look at the recent Soulfly and CC albums, it's nothing exceptional.
I haven't heard the second CC album, so I can't comment on that. I know that they "slay" live, but still. Both Sepultura & Soulfly will play at Rock Zottegem here in june (albeit on different days) and take my word for it: the latter will draw the biggest crowd.

The last few Soulfly records have been really good imho. And FYI: I stopped listening to Derrick Green's Sepultura when Igor left.

Last edited by MetalIsArt; 04-23-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:31 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidFlame View Post
The new Soulfly album, "Enslaved" is killer. Probably Soulfly's best along with "Dark Ages." "Omen" was nothing special. Cavalera Conspiracy sounds kind of generic. The first album was alright... But i agree about Max live. It seems he has no interest anymore....

Tags
death angel, havok, krisiun, sepultura