Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, ON -- April 13th, 2014
Nile -- Baltimore, MD -- April 15th, 2014
Within Temptation -- Newcastle, England -- April 14th, 2014
Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-21-2012, 10:29 PM
How you gonna rip it like this, son?!

Sepultura -- Joliet, IL -- April 21st, 2012

Fun show! I went inside as soon as Pig Champion, an awesome local Chicago hardcore group came on and as usual, they were crazy as all hell. As soon as they started the singer did his usual thing of bashing the mic into his forehead so he had blood dripping down from his head the whole time. All those guys are fucking nutcases on stage but the nicest people off stage. I'm glad these guys got a spot on this show, they deserve a lot of attention.

Next up was another local band called Skinwalker. I actually enjoyed them. They were a combination of thrash with power metal song structures as well. Can't really think of what to call them, all I can say is that I probably wouldn't enjoy listening to them all the time but they did put on a great show. And they did a cover of Dio's "The Last In Line", that was cool.

Havok were next and I really don't like them. This was my 3rd time seeing them and they played the exact same set when they opened for Exhumed last fall, minus a couple songs. They do have a great live show, I'll give them that but I really don't like their music all too much.

Havok:

No Amnesty
Fatal Intervention
Morbid Symmetry
D.O.A.
Covering Fire
Afterburner

And shortly after they were done I discovered one of my new favorite live bands and will do whatever I can to see them every time they come near by: KRISIUN. HOLY FUCK. I was anticipating them to be awesome but they blew those expectations away. Mother of fucking god. I don't even know how to put it into words... all I can say is INTENSE. They stole the show, no doubt about it. They had some guitar problems for the first 2 songs, the drummer did a solo before "The Will to Potency" so something was going on. That guy is a beast. Also met all of them and got them to sign my copy of Southern Storm! Not 100% sure of the set, should've kept track but it doesn't really matter in the end because they were too good.

Krisiun:

Kings of Killing
The Will to Potency
Combustion Inferno
Descending Abomination
Hatred Inherit
Black Force Domain

Death Angel had been in the Chicago area at least 3 times in the past 2 years and this was actually my first time seeing them. I used to be big into The Ultra-Violence a couple years ago but lost interest since, but man I'm gonna have to give that another listen! They were fantastic! Lots of energy from all the members. No one was in the same spot for every song. The sound was great too. It took them a while to set up but it was worth the wait. I'm definitely gonna have to see them again next time they're back!

Death Angel:

I Chose the Sky
Mistress of Pain
Truce
Claws In So Deep
Evil Priest
Buried Alive
Relentless Revolution
Seemingly Endless Time
The Ultra-Violence (first couple minutes)
Thrown to the Wolves

The place cleared out after Death Angel were done, looked like a lot of people were there just to see them. That or one of two other things. One being that people can't accept the Sepultura line up as the "real" Sepultura, which is kinda bogus because they put on an awesome live show to this day. And they did tonight, which then leads me to the second thing. Their set list blew, HARD. Last year they played mostly classics with some newer songs thrown in. This year was the exact opposite. I left half way through because it wasn't worth sitting through waves of boring ass groove metal to hear "Arise" or "Inner Self", especially since I saw both early in the set last year. The set is from setlist.fm from a previous date, and it's not any different. I highly doubt they'd pull out another song from Beneath the Remains just for our date. Take a look and commence the

Sepultura:

Dark Wood of Error
Refuse/Resist
Kairos
Relentless
Dead Embryonic Cells
Convicted in Life
Dialog
Attitude
Choke
Mask
Septic Schizo / Escape to the Void
Sepulnation
Subtraction
Just One Fix(Ministry cover)
Territory
Inner Self
Arise
-
Ratamahatta
Roots Bloody Roots

Overall, it was a great show and if it's coming through to your area I suggest going for Death Angel and Krisiun. Again, Sepultura are great live but god damn, that set was awful.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:31 PM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

I'm only a casual fan, and even I know that Sepultura set is pretty bad.
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Old 04-22-2012, 12:33 AM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I'm only a casual fan, and even I know that Sepultura set is pretty bad.
True, nobody cares for the albums after Roots.

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Old 04-22-2012, 12:34 AM
Four graves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
Skinwalker. I actually enjoyed them. They were a combination of thrash with power metal song structures as well

Really? I thought they were horrible. They sounded like recycled Bodom riffs with metalcore-ish breakdowns and Threat Signal type vocals to me. So, basically they just sounded like Threat Signal to me.

Anyway, for anyone who doubts that the set was the same as other stops, here's a picture of the set list.

4/26 Possessed ?
4/27 Iron Reagan ?
5/3 Chthonic ?
5/3 Sadistic Intent
Old 04-22-2012, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
True, nobody cares for the albums after Roots.
Shit, I don't care about the albums after Arise but I get why people like Chaos A.D. and Roots. Why they would play anything after Roots is beyond me, no one wants to hear that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
Really? I thought they were horrible. They sounded like recycled Bodom riffs with metalcore-ish breakdowns and Threat Signal type vocals to me. So, basically they just sounded like Threat Signal to me.
I liked their live show. I definitely wouldn't listen to them outside of seeing them live.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:14 AM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Man, that is a terrible Sepultura set. It is too bad that they didn't pull out the set they did at one of their European gigs with almost nothing but classics.

*ahem MASS HYPNOSIS*

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 04-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Altars of Radness

Glad I didn't waste my money on this tour.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:22 AM
Remember - today is the first day of the end of your life

I might go for Krisiun, I really want to see them...

http://www.last.fm/user/voidflame
Old 04-22-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidFlame View Post
I might go for Krisiun, I really want to see them...
Do it. Death Angel is also well worth your time and money!
Old 04-22-2012, 07:36 AM
N00B

Guys I posted this on Friday but I guess no one saw it.

I leave town tomorrow for a week and have an Overkill ticket/invoice for Bottom Lounge in Chicago.

I am giving it away for free to anyone in the area who wants it can attend the show.

I live in Lisle and can either mail it. It should get to you by Wednesday or fax it. It does have my name on it but I can send an email from my account to yours for you to print showing that I have transferred the ticket to you.

I really wanted to go to this show but could not and would hate to see the ticket wasted.

If you want it, first email to danschacher@att.net gets it. Just put your metalsetlists.com screen name and Overkill in the title and let me know if you want to pick it up or for me to mail it or fax it to you. Dan

Tags
death angel, havok, krisiun, sepultura