Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014
Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-18-2012, 11:31 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

From what I am aware of, JD and treg are just pissed because Nergal himself (or someone in his camp) actually said in his own words that we will have a special set-list. And now that we have found it's actually just an ordinary set, we're pretty disappointed.

But for you guys - I'm talking to Nat and MPF mostly - to call us dicks, to call us ungrateful, is rather haughty and immature.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Oh, I didn't realize Treg got that mad. Sorry. I'm definitely not mad, just disappointed at the opportunity wasted to pull out a sick, "I'M ALIVE BITCHES" setlist for the US. Again, I don't think any band is holy enough or unfuckwithable enough to not take criticism from their song choices. It also doesn't mean the performance wasn't awesome.
Awesome the performance may have been, but actually I was more impressed when I saw them a few years ago (more on that in my yet-to-be-posted gig report). The energy level was just a tad higher back then, but of course that's to be expected.

The set list was really similar between then and now, too (except obviously for the addition of the Evangelion tracks in this one), but I was generally happy with both sets. As with any band, there will always be set list complainers - especially with bands like Behemoth who have a back catalog with a lot of straight-up black metal in it, but have today shifted more towards a brutal death sound (with the only blackened parts left being the lyrics, primarily). You're gonna have fans who like the black stuff and those who like the death stuff (and a few who like both), but for fuck's sake if you're slightly disappointed about what you didn't hear, then for the love of fuck just try to change your focus and comment on all the awesome stuff you did hear (or see, or whatever).

All the whining just struck me as a little distasteful, whiny and ungrateful, is all. I'm over it, though.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 04-18-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
But for you guys - I'm talking to Nat and MPF mostly - to call us dicks, to call us ungrateful, is rather haughty and immature.
Complaining about a gift you've been given is, in fact, ungrateful. I stand by the comment.

Oh, and it's also immature.

...as far as calling anyone a dick, them's not my words. You'll have to talk to MPF about that one.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:19 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Yep, you guys are all bringing up good points. I would say its fair for me to bitch about the set only because it felt like a shadow of a show I saw 2 years ago, instead of a different, unique tour. It's obvious Behemoth appreciates their European fans more when you look at the length of the sets and dogs they pulled out.

...I feel like I'm just repeating myself now though, so I'm gonna stop.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:43 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
As a matter of fact, I am mad.

See MPF's comment below:

Exactly.

...but for the record, my anger may or may not be directed at you or Tregs specifically. It's just in general at whoever has the brass balls to complain about the set list under these obviously very unique circumstances. It's called "gratitude", motherfuckers (it's also called "tact" and "perspective"). Try and have some. The guy almost fucking died.

Did you confuse me with JD?

I'm all in favor of Nergal doing everything and anything he wants. The only thing I can complain about this tour is that I wasn't able to go back on Saturday.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
From what I am aware of, JD and treg are just pissed because Nergal himself (or someone in his camp) actually said in his own words that we will have a special set-list. And now that we have found it's actually just an ordinary set, we're pretty disappointed.

Not so much pissed, but yes, disappointed. I remember reading an interview with Nergal about their upcoming tours and he said they would come back with a new set list. And it's not really about pulling out more old songs (although that would be cool), but they are still omitting some obvious choices, like Daimonos. There was a lot of complaining about that on the last tour, so understandably there will be this time as well.

And Nat and MPF seem to be misunderstanding JD and I. We didn't say we were ungrateful of the return, although I can understand how complaining might convey that. JD even said multiple times that their performance was incredible. Yes, the set is what we had hoped it to be, but that doesn't mean we aren't glad to have the chance to see them. I just think you're just taking our criticism a bit personally, as any fan might.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:09 PM
brotuhl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Complaining about a gift you've been given is, in fact, ungrateful. I stand by the comment.
A setlist isn't a gift when you're paying upwards of $30 to see it live. I love Behemoth, I will go see them play the same 10 songs everytime they come around, however, I am inclined to agree with JD. He did say they were planning a very special setlist. 3 out 13 songs is not special. Personally, I was hoping to hear something different from Zos Kia Cultus, now they're not playing anything from it.

But, like I said, I'll go see them play the same 10 songs until I (or they) reach an age where Behemoth shows can't happen anymore.

Tags
behemoth, in solitude, the devil's blood, watain