Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-17-2012, 08:21 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Behemoth -- Lawrence, KS -- April 16th, 2012

I've never had a show ruined for me because of sound problems, but last night came pretty close. Luckily, it ended up still being a fantastic concert.

The first band was In Solitude. Although they play pretty much straight-up heavy metal, it kind of had a tinge of black metal to the sound in some songs. The vocalist looked like he was insane, he was muttering to himself and drooling everywhere during the whole set. It was definitely awesome.

The Devil's Blood was the surprising highlight for me. Their brand of occult rock translates so well live, and the guitar players can really shred. In every song, there was at least one solo (usually more) that just made my jaw drop. The vocalist had an insane presence and had the best singing voice of the night and just hit every single note. It was really awesome, and I'm hooked on them now.

Our date was the first date that Watain played on the tour. Throughout the whole night I kept smelling a skunk but it never really hit me until right before Watain just where the smell was coming from. They brought out some giant inverted crosses and hung animal skulls and bones on some poles, then put out some skinned animal heads. Those smelled pretty bad, but it was nothing compared to when Watain themselves took the stage. They were wearing the carcasses of dead animals and the smell was almost unbearable. But it just made for that much of a better show. Watain is probably the purest black metal band I've ever seen. Although I'd consider myself more of a Marduk fan (I don't know why, but I always group the two bands together), Watain put on a pure evil show. All the songs sounded straight out of black metal's glory days in the early 90s, and Erik Danielsson is a great frontman. "Stellarvore" especially was great. Don't miss them!

The fact that Nergal is doing alive, let alone doing a Behemoth tour, after everything that's happened made me in awe to see him in the flesh. The entire crowd was so stoked just to have him there. That said, the sound was, to me, the worst of the night during Behemoth. Which is a shame, because their performance was outstanding. "Moonspell Rites" was the best song played that night - total black metal. "Alas Lord Is Upon Me" was ripping too, and 23 (The Youth Manifesto) was awesome. Just having them back is amazing enough, but they are still as vicious as ever!

Behemoth:

Ov Fire and the Void
Demigod
Moonspell Rites
Conquer All
The Thousand Plagues I Witness
Alas, Lord Is Upon Me
The Seed ov I
Decade of Therion
At the Left Hand ov God
Slaves Shall Serve
Chant for Eschaton 2000
====
23 (The Youth Manifesto)
Lucifer

Watain: (partial set. Sorry bros, I couldn't really hear Erik announce the songs that he did announce. The ones here they 100% played, though. The set was about 7-8 songs long, and they ended with a long one.)

The Serpent's Chalice
Stellarvore

The Devil's Blood (partial set, five/six songs long, some songs extended, ended with Christ Or Cocaine):

The Heavens Cry Out For The Devil's Blood
Christ Or Cocaine

In Solitude:

We Were Never Here
The World, The Flesh, The Devil
To Her Darkness
Witches Sabbath
On Burning Paths

Behemoth: 8/10
Watain: 8.5/10
The Devil's Blood: 9/10
In Solitude: 8/10
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 04-17-2012, 08:42 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Yeah, I liked The Devil's Blood a surprising amount, too. I have finally figured out some of the songs they played, which is part of the reason I haven't posted a gig report yet. I will do that soon, though. EDIT: They closed our show with "Christ or Cocaine", too - great song.

It also looks like you got the same set JD and company got in Chicago, and I believe it's the same one we got as well. I echo your comments about Nergal 100% - I can't believe some of the douchebags on here bitching in JD's thread about some little details that they didn't like about the show.

THE MAN LOOKED LEUKEMIA IN THE FACE AND SAID FUCK YOU. HE KICKED ITS ASS AND THEN DRAGGED HIMSELF ALL THE WAY OVER HERE FROM POLAND TO PLAY A SHOW FOR YOU AND ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY IS "MEH - SAME SET AS THEY PLAYED IN EUROPE"?!? FUCK YOU.

By the way - they pulled out some old gems, eh? A few of them I had to confirm via video snippets I took with my shitty little point-and-shoot camera because I hadn't heard them in so long (Moonspell Rites, Thousand Plagues...).

Also, I'm so bummed we didn't get Watain, but I'm really glad you enjoyed their set. No, that stench was NOT a skunk. Fucks sake, man - did you not read the famous gig report I did of their show last year?!?

(they didn't wear animal carcasses at my show, though...)

Last edited by Natrlhi; 04-17-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Wrath!

Thank you so much for this Manks. I've been waiting for setlists from the opening 3 acts all damn tour. I am SO stoked for this show.

Watain!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
THE MAN LOOKED LEUKEMIA IN THE FACE AND SAID FUCK YOU. HE KICKED ITS ASS AND THEN DRAGGED HIMSELF ALL THE WAY OVER HERE FROM POLAND TO PLAY A SHOW FOR YOU AND ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY IS "MEH - SAME SET AS THEY PLAYED IN EUROPE"?!? FUCK YOU.

Kid gave this shirt to Nergal during the set, and he posted it on Facebook.

He was super awesome. Before Conquer All, he was like "IT FEELS GREAT TO BE ALIVE! NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER GIVE IN! THIS IS...CONQUER ALL!"
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 04-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post

Kid gave this shirt to Nergal during the set, and he posted it on Facebook.

He was super awesome. Before Conquer All, he was like "IT FEELS GREAT TO BE ALIVE! NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER GIVE IN! THIS IS...CONQUER ALL!"
I saw you post this in the other thread as well.

Nergal said something to that effect at our show, too - I definitely heard the "feels great to be alive" part loud and clear - that's for sure.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
The set was about 7-8 songs long, and they ended with a long one.)

The Serpent's Chalice
Stellarvore
Please tell me that long song is Waters of Ain.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroRob View Post
Please tell me that long song is Waters of Ain.
Don't quote me on it, but I really think it was.
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 04-17-2012, 10:50 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
You mad, man? And yeah, I think Treg and I highlighted our disappointment with the set in a mature manner over on the Chicago thread. I still stand behind what I said. And even then, Behemoth is in my top 5 performances this year!
Old 04-17-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
You mad, man? And yeah, I think Treg and I highlighted our disappointment with the set in a mature manner over on the Chicago thread. I still stand behind what I said. And even then, Behemoth is in my top 5 performances this year!
get out of my thread, pleb
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 04-18-2012, 01:01 AM
That Guy

Anyone who complains about Behemoth's setlist this tour is a fucking asshole.

If it's the same set, or not much of a change next time, go ahead and feel free. But until then, you are just a dick.

Tags
behemoth, in solitude, the devil's blood, watain