Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Clutch -- Sterling Heights, MI -- May 23rd, 2015
Giant Squid -- San Francisco -- May 23rd, 2015
It Lies Within -- Warren, MI -- May 22nd, 2015
Steven Wilson -- Boston, MA -- May 22nd, 2015
Toto -- Glasgow, Scotland -- May 21st, 2015

  #41  
Old 04-15-2012, 02:42 PM
300%_Density 300%_Density is offline
Say what you want about America - 13 bucks can still get you a hell of a lot of mice!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 4,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Actually, the last time they did KC was opening for Rush a few years ago the day before opening for Iron Maiden in like Minnesota.

I can see Dream Theater doing very well here.
Incorrect sir. Rush didn't have any other bands on the Time Machine tour. The KC review just said Portnoy happened to be in KC @ the show. http://backtorockville.typepad.com/b...rush.html#more

I think the guy who said it was '07 @ Uptown is correct.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-15-2012, 02:47 PM
300%_Density 300%_Density is offline
Say what you want about America - 13 bucks can still get you a hell of a lot of mice!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 4,287
Also I don't think it was ever specified but the Crimson Projeket is opening all the dates on the NA tour. I haven't listened to a ton of them but I am quite curious about this now.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-15-2012, 03:57 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Soon To Be In Minnesota
Posts: 9,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Actually, the last time they did KC was opening for Rush a few years ago the day before opening for Iron Maiden in like Minnesota.

I can see Dream Theater doing very well here.
No. They haven't been here since 2000.
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Onioner Onioner is offline
One who onions things
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Everywhere, CA
Posts: 2,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Also I don't think it was ever specified but the Crimson Projeket is opening all the dates on the NA tour. I haven't listened to a ton of them but I am quite curious about this now.
Hmm, this could be cool, but I am very wary of anything King Crimson related that doesn't involve Robert Fripp.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-15-2012, 06:27 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 23,001
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Incorrect sir. Rush didn't have any other bands on the Time Machine tour. The KC review just said Portnoy happened to be in KC @ the show. http://backtorockville.typepad.com/b...rush.html#more

I think the guy who said it was '07 @ Uptown is correct.
Oh yeah, thats what it was! Derp
__________________
05/10 - Septicflesh
05/16 - Anaal Nathrakh
05/17 - Aborted (?)
05/21 - 05/24 - MDF XIII
05/27 - Cryptopsy
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-17-2012, 06:32 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,337
So the show i'm going to has it listed as An Evening With Dream Theater

http://www.artpark.net/content/pages...-dream-theater
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-17-2012, 06:45 AM
treghet's Avatar
treghet treghet is offline
Altars of Radness
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 6,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
So the show i'm going to has it listed as An Evening With Dream Theater

http://www.artpark.net/content/pages...-dream-theater
About time they went back to doing evening with shows.
__________________
6.13 Nocturnal Blood / Volahn
7.30 Rush
10.9 Pseudogod
10.14 Bölzer
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-17-2012, 06:53 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
About time they went back to doing evening with shows.
They never should've stopped it to begin with. I've said it before on here but the evening with format is the way Dream Theater's music is meant to be played live. I'm still wondering if it's a misprint though since their web page doesn't have anything yet and an opener has been announced. Maybe the opener had to pull out of the tour?

EDIT: The first three shows of this tour don't have an opener. I wonder why they just didn't make the whole tour an evening with?

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 04-17-2012 at 07:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:33 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008