Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014
Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Altars of Radness

That was one of the most retarded arguments we've had here in a while.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Sad Wings Of Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataklysm420 View Post
Apparently they don't get tired of playing the same songs since TGC never seems to leave the setlist, they usually do a good job of switching setlists up but I mean when was the last time Advent was played? They have so much stellar material that never gets played. I've also seem DOTF 4 times now so I can do without it if my options were that or Deliverance.
Advent was played in 2010 for the Blackwater Park Anniversary shows. As for The Grand Conjuration, this was the first time I've seen them play it and it was my fourth time seeing Opeth. Coincidentally, I've never seen them play Demon Of The Fall
Old 04-12-2012, 07:50 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by girnny777 View Post
Advent was played in 2010 for the Blackwater Park Anniversary shows. As for The Grand Conjuration, this was the first time I've seen them play it and it was my fourth time seeing Opeth. Coincidentally, I've never seen them play Demon Of The Fall
That tour didn't come around here so I didn't know that, that's even more dissapointing now though. This will be my 6th time seeing Opeth and I swear TGC has been on every setlist thus far, Odd you haven't seen Demon Of The Fall though. It would just be nice to have more variance and include songs from the first few albums. Would die to see In Mist She Was Standing
Old 04-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Sad Wings Of Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataklysm420 View Post
That tour didn't come around here so I didn't know that, that's even more dissapointing now though. This will be my 6th time seeing Opeth and I swear TGC has been on every setlist thus far, Odd you haven't seen Demon Of The Fall though. It would just be nice to have more variance and include songs from the first few albums. Would die to see In Mist She Was Standing
I know what you mean, the only time I've seen them play anything pre-BP was... the BP anniversary show.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
Please add these sets to the original post. Just because you're a douche and you don't care about the other bands doesn't mean you should mess with the way setlists are supposed to be posted on this site. Also the title should be changed to Mastodon since they played last.
You need to relax. Who cares if he doesn't know the other sets? If you want to post them all you can create your own thread. There is no rule that there can be only one thread per show. And there is no rule that you have to know the sets from every band before you can post a thread. If I had gone to this tour I would have posted the Mastodon set and not the other two because I don't listen to them.

So chill.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
You need to relax. Who cares if he doesn't know the other sets? If you want to post them all you can create your own thread. There is no rule that there can be only one thread per show. And there is no rule that you have to know the sets from every band before you can post a thread. If I had gone to this tour I would have posted the Mastodon set and not the other two because I don't listen to them.

So chill.

Maybe I was getting my panties in a bunch about nothing but I think if anybody needs to chill it's the guy saying he's ashamed to live in New York because someone he has never met in real life has a gripe with the way he posted a setlist.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:37 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

...what happened to this thread?

Deliverance is still better than Demon!
Old 04-12-2012, 10:40 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
Maybe I was getting my panties in a bunch about nothing but I think if anybody needs to chill it's the guy saying he's ashamed to live in New York because someone he has never met in real life has a gripe with the way he posted a setlist.
That's one way to twist what he said into something you could use against him; or you could think about how he was responding toward your name calling and seriously unwaranted hostility over a setlist. A setlist, man.

When someone posts a partial festival setlist, do you lose your shit and accuse them of not giving a shit about every band there? Do you call them names and insult their musical knowledge?

What if the festival was a European festival with some alternative metal/hard rock bands there? If HE HAD posted a setlist for one of them, you'd probably call him names and insult him as well.

Then again, die hard Manowar fans do tend to get militant about useless shit.

Steve, just picture this guy in his underwear and bearskin draped on his shoulders in front of his mirror with his $68.99 broadsword chanting some Manowar interludes. You'll forget all about his bullshit.
Then again,
Old 04-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPogo View Post
Steve, just picture this guy in his underwear and bearskin draped on his shoulders in front of his mirror with his $68.99 broadsword chanting some Manowar interludes. You'll forget all about his bullshit.
Then again,
Are you spying on me? That's exactly what I do every night before I go to bed.

Wimps and posers leave the hall.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:46 PM
not the mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Deliverance is still better than Demon!
nah

Tags
ghost, mastodon, opeth