Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Death Angel -- San Francisco, CA -- December 27th, 2014
Protest the Hero -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 27th, 2014
Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014

  #51  
Old 04-11-2012, 09:40 AM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,286
Did anyone else notice that it lists the track BU2B and BU2B2?
__________________
Shit
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Travis The Dragon's Avatar
Travis The Dragon Travis The Dragon is offline
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota, USA
Posts: 2,665
WOW! The metal is back! The keyboards are back! This is gonna be one amazing album!
__________________
Website Designer and Product Promotions for LightUpFun.com
My concerts, future and past: fonzbear2000.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-12-2012, 02:18 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Troo Methulfan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,425
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
WOW! The metal is back! The keyboards are back! This is gonna be one amazing album!
I didn't know that Rush was "metal". But the little preview does sound nice.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 04-12-2012, 06:22 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
I didn't know that Rush was "metal". But the little preview does sound nice.
Their 70s material is considered to be prog metal. Plus, with Bastille Day Rush wrote the very first Iron Maiden song
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 04-12-2012, 06:45 AM
anomynous's Avatar
anomynous anomynous is offline
Metal-Setlistcore
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Their 70s material is considered to be prog metal. Plus, with Bastille Day Rush wrote the very first Iron Maiden song
Uh, no.





With that said Rush is one of the best bands of all time, but they certainly are not metal.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-12-2012, 06:54 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,941
Keyboards are not a good thing.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-12-2012, 07:28 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomynous View Post
Uh, no.
Yes, you need to talk to more Rush fans because a lot of them consider a good portion of their 70s material to be metal. I'm not talking about metal by today's standards but what it was back in the 70s. They may not have been full on metal but they certainly wrote some metal sounding stuff. Songs like Anthem, Beneath Between & Behind, Bastille Day, Overture/Temples Of Syrinx and all of Hemispheres should be considered 70s prog metal.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-12-2012, 09:11 AM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Yes, you need to talk to more Rush fans because a lot of them consider a good portion of their 70s material to be metal. I'm not talking about metal by today's standards but what it was back in the 70s. They may not have been full on metal but they certainly wrote some metal sounding stuff. Songs like Anthem, Beneath Between & Behind, Bastille Day, Overture/Temples Of Syrinx and all of Hemispheres should be considered 70s prog metal.
As a huge Rush fan myself, I must say, they are NOT metal. But I can understand how they influenced a ton of metal acts.
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-12-2012, 09:25 AM
anomynous's Avatar
anomynous anomynous is offline
Metal-Setlistcore
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Yes, you need to talk to more Rush fans because a lot of them consider a good portion of their 70s material to be metal. I'm not talking about metal by today's standards but what it was back in the 70s. They may not have been full on metal but they certainly wrote some metal sounding stuff. Songs like Anthem, Beneath Between & Behind, Bastille Day, Overture/Temples Of Syrinx and all of Hemispheres should be considered 70s prog metal.
70's metal aka Sabbath and Priest?


Rush still sounds nothing like that.


Rush isn't metal.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-12-2012, 09:59 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Troo Methulfan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,425
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
As a huge Rush fan myself, I must say, they are NOT metal. But I can understand how they influenced a ton of metal acts.
This.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:37 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008