Fit For A King -- Detroit, MI -- October 21st, 2014
Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014
Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014

Old 04-04-2012, 10:14 AM
D.B.B.

Vektor -- Tempe, AZ -- March 30th, 2012

Probably one of the most fun weekends I have ever had whilst being completely sick! Traveled with Exmortus and Witchaven to Arizona for this show. I knew that I had to be there, since it was Vektor's farewell show before moving to Philadelphia.

The whole weekend was full of fun times and partying with all the bands, but I'm gonna keep this strictly a review of the show, a short one at that since I hate writing long shit.

We got to the venue at around 9:30pm, very late, but this was a late show. There was a small stage, but the bands were playing one the floor, which gave the whole show a more raw, underground feel. Sound was horrible, but the environment and crowd more then made up for that.

I didn't really watch the first two bands. Too busy socializing and trying to get my mind off a headache I had all day. They sounded great though, from what I heard. Not really metal bands though, more like sludge and hard rock type music.

So then it was Witchaven up next. These guys always bring a good show and performance back home and have been making a huge impact on the underground scene in the states. The whole band set up relatively quick, except for Henry who was having major guitar problems. This led to their set having to be cut way short. Even though they only played three songs, they were still pretty bad ass to see. The crowd got behind them too as they were singing along and moshing and headbanging throughout most of the set.

Witchaven
Skinned Alive
A.D.D
Black Thrash Assault

Then came time for Exmortus. I must say, these guys got a huge crowd response! I haven't seen such a huge reaction for them in a long while! crowd was literally tearing the place apart for them. Light fixtures were shaking, the crowd was falling left and right, everything was beautiful chaos! Best part of the set was when the power blew out during the first song, and drummer Mario kept on playing the rest of the song, and even did a Painkiller teaser among other parts to keep the crowd busy while the power was restored. Of all the times I've seen them play, this ranks up their with their best performances of all time.

Exmortus
Intro/In Hatreds Flame
Fimbulwinter
Kneel Before the Steel
War Gods
Axes of War
triumph by Fire

Then it was time for Vektor to send Arizona off with one last show. Before they even started, the crowd was chanting "Thank you Vektor" and other things of the sort. It was a very intense emotional kind of event. You could feel it. And then they started playing, and all hell broke loose. The whole crowd was moving. No matter which side you were on, you were getting pushed. The sound seemed worse now then ever, but it didn't matter, everyone was enjoying every second of music. The power went out a couple of times throughout their set, and Frank seemed to be having bass problems, but it didn't matter. It still was one of the best Vektor performances I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing.

Vektor
Cosmic Cortex
D.N.A.
Dark Creations, Dead Creators
Tetrastructual Minds
Dying World
Hunger for Violence
Outer Isolation
Black Future
Asteroid

Last edited by rjturtle9; 04-04-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:17 AM
One who onions things

DNA! Glad to hear you had an awesome weekend dude, did you crash with the Vektor and Witchaven dudes again?
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 04-04-2012, 10:19 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
DNA! Glad to hear you had an awesome weekend dude, did you crash with the Vektor and Witchaven dudes again?
Yeah. All three bands and the rest of us crashed at Blake's and Frank's again. Pics and video are on my facebook page of the partying/me drunk.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

now for a 3-night, 3-hour a night farewell extravaganza in Kansas City!
10/27 - DJ Qbert
10/29 - Real Friends
Old 04-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Altars of Radness

Damn, that Vektor set is awesome.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:23 PM
N00B

Great write up...nice job!

before moving to Philadelphia

Wow...I didnt' know that. Awesome news.

Welcome to the East Coast brothers!!

www.primeevil.net