Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 03-23-2012, 01:18 PM
not the mama

Has anyone heard Split Cranium yet? It's a hardcore band featuring Aaron Turner of Isis on vocals. It's alright, nothing great but I still find it interesting.

http://splitcranium.bandcamp.com/
Old 03-23-2012, 01:21 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

^ No shit - Aaron Turner doing hardcore? I gotta check that shit out soon...
Old 03-23-2012, 02:12 PM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

The new Overkill has skyrocketed to the top of my "best of" list this year
Old 03-23-2012, 03:23 PM
...So let the children come to me, their mother loves me so shall they...

3IOB streaming here
A Broken Team
No Word Said
A Silent Vow
We Loved You Then
We Love You Now
Old 03-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Rats off to ya

Some people will get mad that i'm bringing this up but i'm surprised there has been little to no mention of the Odd Future Tape Vol 2 yet. I listened to the songs that people are saying are the albums strongest tracks and I found them to be pretty mediocre. I also find it pretty lame that this isn't a free mixtape and this is a legitimate album they expect people to pay for. Honestly I cant listen to these OF tapes where every guy pitches in. Tyler, Earl, and Hodgy are the only people in this group worthy of anybody's attention, the rest are mediocre and bore me to tears with their weak verses. I also I agree with what Shatteredflame said a while back, these guys really should collaborate with better producers.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
Some people will get mad that i'm bringing this up but i'm surprised there has been little to no mention of the Odd Future Tape Vol 2 yet. I listened to the songs that people are saying are the albums strongest tracks and I found them to be pretty mediocre. I also find it pretty lame that this isn't a free mixtape and this is a legitimate album they expect people to pay for. Honestly I cant listen to these OF tapes where every guy pitches in. Tyler, Earl, and Hodgy are the only people in this group worthy of anybody's attention, the rest are mediocre and bore me to tears with their weak verses. I also I agree with what Shatteredflame said a while back, these guys really should collaborate with better producers.
It's likely because the hype surrounding them has declined. A lot of the people who were fans last year have probably decided to hate them already, or at least disregard them. As for the mixtape not being free, I'm sure that has all to do with being on a record label now. Also, while I'm not an Odd Future fan, I totally agree that Tyler, Earl, and Hodgy are the only worthwhile members and that their beats are mediocre. If they want to regain the status they had at this time last year they need to step it up, otherwise they will fall into obscurity like every other internet trend does.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:14 PM
not the mama

I found the tape to be alright. Hodgy released an EP a few weeks back that I found to be better. Earl is back so I think the OF hype will rise again since people have insane expectations for him.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

The tape was decent overall. Some really good tracks (Rella, Sam (Is Dead), Lean, P) some really bad ones (Real Bitch, We Got Bitches, Ya Know), but mostly it's just listenable songs that aren't anything too special. To me, there is a big decline in quality between each member of Odd Future. For me it goes Earl>Tyler>Hodgy>Domo>Mike G (Jasper, Left Brain, and Taco are all awful so I won't even bother ranking them) and I agree Early, Tyler, and Hodgy are the only ones that are good on a regular basis (Domo has his moments and Mike G is always subpar).

I also agree that they need to bring in some outside producers. There are some solid beats here and there, but they aren't consistent at all. If they worked with some great producers, it would really elevate the quality of their music.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 03-23-2012, 06:51 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Been listening to the new Napalm Death in my car the last few days and I don't know what to think of it. It's so...different.

Listening to the new 3IoB stream and absolutely loving it. The track I'm on now, Men of Fortune, is by the far the weakest on the album yet and it's not bad. The only complaint I have with it is a boring 2 minutes in the middle of its seven and a half minutes.
10/18 Satan
10/21 King Diamond
10/22 Tombs ?
10/23 Pentagram ?
Old 03-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Headbanger

I can't believe En Vivo is out there and people aren't blowing up this thread over it. I anjoyed it for what it is...

As far as Odd Future goes I listened to it and nothing really grabbed me. maybe I still had Overkill on the brain but even after listening to Koloss again I went back to Overkill. it's official... Thrash rules all!!!!