Gideon -- Toledo, OH -- April 22nd, 2014
Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014
Megadeth -- Quito, Ecuador -- April 22nd, 2014

Old 03-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I'm sure I will be let down, but I got a promo for the new Shinedown.

Like every album 2-3 good songs, and the rest is shit. I'm expecting no less from these guys.
I thought Sound of Madness was 90% great actually but I agree the new one and others are all 2-4 good songs.

I listened to 5 new cd's in the last 48 hours and maybe my expecations of Koloss were too high but I would rate them.

1) Overkill - by a mile. All f'n hail these guys for making 2 incredible thrash cd's after I virtually gave up on them after a few clunkers
2) Municipal Waste - we need more bands like these guys
3) Meshuggah - Nowhere near as good as Obzen
4) Shinedown - Couple of good songs
5) Ministry - When they're good, they're really good. When they're bad they're preachy and childish.
6/29 - Primus
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch & Janes Addiction
Old 03-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Four graves...

I've listened to eighteen albums this year and feel that I can finally make a top ten list, so here's mine so far:

1. Asphyx - Deathhammer
2. Goatwhore - Blood for the Master
3. Cannibal Corpse - Torture
4. Eluveitie - Helvetios
5. Orange Goblin - A Eulogy for the Damned
6. Beneath the Massacre - Incongruous
7. Xandria - Neverworld's End
8. Abigail Williams - Becoming
9. Corrosion of Conformity - Corrosion of Conformity
10. Heidevolk - Batavi
5/3 Chthonic ?
5/3 Sadistic Intent
5/14 Deathhammer
Old 03-20-2012, 03:17 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I thought Sound of Madness was 90% great actually but I agree the new one and others are all 2-4 good songs.

I listened to 5 new cd's in the last 48 hours and maybe my expecations of Koloss were too high but I would rate them.

1) Overkill - by a mile. All f'n hail these guys for making 2 incredible thrash cd's after I virtually gave up on them after a few clunkers
2) Municipal Waste - we need more bands like these guys
3) Meshuggah - Nowhere near as good as Obzen
4) Shinedown - Couple of good songs
5) Ministry - When they're good, they're really good. When they're bad they're preachy and childish.
I hate The Crow and The Butterfly with a passion.

But you listened to some great albums that I haven't even commented on yet.

Overkill- Not as good as Ironbound, but a killer Thrash album none the less. Best Thrash album of the year so far.

Municipal Waste- They will never top The Art Of Partying, but this is pretty close. Much better then the last album (which I still loved).

Meshuggah- Meshuggah is Meshuggah. Nothing out of the ordinary. a few different songs with other songs in the classic vibe. Overall, pretty damn cool.

Shinedown- I'll say once I get a chance to listen to it.

Ministry- Over the top Political. I get it Al, you're a democrat. Keep it off your damn albums.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
I hate The Crow and The Butterfly with a passion.

But you listened to some great albums that I haven't even commented on yet.

Overkill- Not as good as Ironbound, but a killer Thrash album none the less. Best Thrash album of the year so far.

Municipal Waste- They will never top The Art Of Partying, but this is pretty close. Much better then the last album (which I still loved).

Meshuggah- Meshuggah is Meshuggah. Nothing out of the ordinary. a few different songs with other songs in the classic vibe. Overall, pretty damn cool.

Shinedown- I'll say once I get a chance to listen to it.

Ministry- Over the top Political. I get it Al, you're a democrat. Keep it off your damn albums.
Well said on all accounts. Except Crow and the Butterfly is a damn good song, especially live. I can see why someone would get tired of it or not like it but for what it is, it's one of their 10 best songs to me.

Also I'm not totally sure when it's all said and done that The Electric Age won't surpass ironbound. I think ironbound has 3-4 incredible songs, 2-3 really good ones and the rest never really grew on me. EA has some incredible riffs and solos wrapped around a shitton of thrash. I kept waiting for the plod-along song that I would skip and it never really happened. Electric Rattlesnake was a little cheesy lyrically but the music is f'n SICK!

I'm shocked at how much I liked it on just the 1st listen. Koloss will surely grow on me and I'll have to hear some of these songs live to truly gauge them so it might crack my Top 10 by years end. I'd be surprised if Overkill wasn't Top 5 for me.
6/29 - Primus
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch & Janes Addiction
Old 03-20-2012, 06:54 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

This may come off as me making excuses for the Ministry album but all things considered I don't think it's a bad album. If you take into consideration the fact that Al never intended to make the album, he was doing his Buck Satan thing and came up w/ some riffs and was talked into saying what the hell we'll record these and put out an album. Knowing how and why it was recorded I didn't expect a ton from this album.

Trying to follow up Houses, Rio Grande & Last Sucker is not an easy task. It could be debated that Ministry haven't put out 3 quality albums in a row in their history. I liked Ghouldiggers as the opener quite a bit. I enjoy the music on 99 Percenters, the lyrics kind of get out but musically I love it. I thought United Forces was kind of a random cover but that's something that Ministry has done their whole career is do a random cover.

Yea Al bitches about his anti Republican stuff but he's only done that since when... 1991? 1992? With a Ministry album usually you know what your going to get. It's not a great album but I'll listen to this over Filth Pig & Dark Side of the Spoon any day. Just my on the new album.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:07 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
I'm sure I will be let down, but I got a promo for the new Shinedown.

Like every album 2-3 good songs, and the rest is shit. I'm expecting no less from these guys.
I feel the same. I love a couple songs on each, and don't like most of 'em. I'll still give the new one a whirl.

03/08-Suffocation (?)
04/04-Kataklysm, Aborted (?)
04/05-Biohazard, Sworn Enemy (?)
Old 03-20-2012, 10:10 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

I might have to check out the new Ministry. I loved Filth Pig. I remember when my dad got that CD when it first came out, I heard Reload and was like "holy shit, this is cool!!". Animositisomina wasn't bad either. Other than that, I've only heard a song or 2 each from all the albums in between and since. Wasn't a huge fan of any of 'em. AKA I don't know much about them. Hope the new one is solid.

03/08-Suffocation (?)
04/04-Kataklysm, Aborted (?)
04/05-Biohazard, Sworn Enemy (?)
Old 03-21-2012, 07:02 AM
not the mama

I'm actually really digging the new Ceremony now that I've given it a few good listens.

Also "Selenelion" by Vaura is incredible. The best Toby Driver album in awhile.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:34 PM
Born Again In Blasphemy

My Sedition preorder came!

This is the earliest I've gotten a preorder. Although they did send me two shirts with the CD instead of a shirt and a hoodie.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:00 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
I'm actually really digging the new Ceremony now that I've given it a few good listens.

Also "Selenelion" by Vaura is incredible. The best Toby Driver album in awhile.
I'm glad someone besides me is listening to this hear. Its so damn good. Even though I actually liked the new Kayo Dot. Vaura blows it out of the water.