Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 03-16-2012, 10:25 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
I'm sure they will soon. They did a short West Coast tour with Rotting Out in January.
Did some more research, and apparently they came up here in 2010 with Dead End Path. Would have been a tight tour to catch.

Think I got some moshiest stuff coming up... great year for beatdown shit.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:37 PM

Honorable Mention #2:

SOUL SEARCH - BURY THE BLAME

Pissed off So-Cal hardcore, made for moshing. Another awesome young hardcore band, Soul Search are all around solid. I love this EP; the only thing is I know Soul Search can be better. I'm just waiting for them to really break out and make an all-around awesome full-length, full of catchy and heavy tracks. They also got this really metal-like tone to their guitars, different than a lot of the bands in the scene. Good stuff; check it out if you haven't already.

Notable Tracks:
Stuck
Me & Mine
Old 03-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Altars of Radness

Best new hardcore band out of Southern California. Did you hear the new song for the Flatspot compilation? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGsZa8LaNhE
Old 03-16-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Best new hardcore band out of Southern California. Did you hear the new song for the Flatspot compilation? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGsZa8LaNhE
Ah no, I didn't! Thanks man. I like it.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:21 AM

Got a couple more I want to touch on briefly. Especially this one, since I've seen little talk about it:

TURNSTILE - PRESSURE TO SUCCEED

A newer group from Baltimore, headed by vocalist Brendan Yates (drummer for Trapped Under Ice), Turnstile are an awesome rap-influenced hardcore band, if you're into that stuff. TUI is also to an extent, but Turnstile is more obvious. Heavy beats, big breakdowns, and slick vocal delivery. I love that they definitely have their own style that sets them out from the group. Give 'em a chance; this is their only EP so far.

Notable Tracks:
The Dream
New Rules (the build up to that breakdown at 2:18 = awesome)
Old 03-17-2012, 11:42 AM

Here's a list of some other releases I'll only touch on that you guys should enjoy if you've enjoyed my list so far:

XIBALBA - MADRE MIA POR LOS DIAS

Technically, all of the songs on this album were made before 2011; It's just kind of like a full-length compilation of everything Xibalba has done up to this point. So I decided to leave it out of my 2011 list. That being said, Xibalba are heavy as shit, and give Harm's Way solid competition for the heaviest band in hardcore. Most people either love or hate them; I love them. The only problem with this album is that a lot of the songs drag; hopefully they develop their sound more in the future. If you haven't listened to them yet, you're behind.

Track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSQnJkvLeAk

MINUS - HARD FEELINGS

I love this EP cover! Another great So-Cal hardcore band, super pissed off negative music. I think I prefer Soul Search more due to the vocals, but this is still great stuff. They should have a full length coming out this year; I'm really looking forward to it.

Track: Hard Feelings

EXPIRE - SUFFER THE CYCLE

I really want to love these guys, but I for some reason I only like them. They got some good grooves going on, I just want it to be more catchy. I'll see 'em live in April; hopefully that changes my viewpoint. I think you guys will like 'em a lot.

Track: Grip

THE RIVAL MOB - HARDCORE FOR HARDCORE

For some reason this release didn't really grab my attention with anything special, but it does everything right. I almost get a little bit of a Weekend Nachos vibe out of it. Fast hardcore, more traditionally punky. Good stuff.

Track: Hardcore for Hardcore

...and that's about it! If there's something I haven't mentioned, let me know. I think I've had listened to most everything that came out this year and I'll let you know what I think of it. Thanks for anybody who reads this and/or comments, I appreciate it big time. Love discussing music with you guys!
Old 03-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

I can just never thank you enough for pushing me into liking Terror and getting me to listen to Big Kiss Goodnight.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I can just never thank you enough for pushing me into liking Terror and getting me to listen to Big Kiss Goodnight.
No problem, man.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
No problem, man.
So I'm going to try to go to day 2 of the rumble to see TUI, I just won't know until prolly the first week of April or so since my work gives me the dates 3 weeks ahead.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
So I'm going to try to go to day 2 of the rumble to see TUI, I just won't know until prolly the first week of April or so since my work gives me the dates 3 weeks ahead.
Harm's Way, Agigator, The Mongoloids, Cruel Hand, Death Threat, Expire, Pale Horse, Wisdom in Chains... that's gonna be a great day.