Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014
Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-15-2012, 10:35 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Dying Fetus -- Fayetteville, AR -- March 14th, 2012

This was probably one of my most awaited shows I've had in awhile because of the fact I was seeing bands I'd never seen before. Show was at a tiny place called Rogue Pizza House which is smack dab in downtown Fayetteville which is definitely a college town based on the types of restuarants and bars in that area. This would prove to be priceless as the show went on. Manky will be heartbroken I'm sure that I got to meet another friend from another metal messageboard I go to but hopefully he will forgive me

Moving on... This was one of those shows w/ too many bands (7) in such a small place. It was asses to elbows for the opening bands on that tiny stage. Pretty sure everybody before Goatwhore wasn't able to move more than 2 or 3 steps any direction. I got to the show a little late and missed 2 locals, and got there for Last Chance To Reason. Wasn't impressed with them at all, I was quite bored for them. I know I was outside enjoying an unusually warm night in Arkansas in March and I missed a band. My biggest mistake of the night was going inside for the band Volumes. Before they hit a note I saw the lead singer w/ a flat billed New Era hat and after that I lasted almost a full song...and then I saw hardcore, ninja fighting and a bunch of morons and I said fuck these guys and waited outside for Goatwhore.

I wedged myself inbetween speakers and I was right up against the stage that probably went to my knees. I just really started listening to Goatwhore about 6 months ago and I liked them alright. Not in love with them but liked them alright. I can honestly say after this I will upgrade and I'll say I love them. What a performance. For such a tiny stage they absolutely owned the stage, crowd was totally into them the whole time. Don't think I've ever high fived anybody in a band as much as I did Ben (3x). Great frontman. I was on Sammy's side and he absolutely ruled as well. Sound was difficult for Goatwhore all of their set. The 4 front monitors completely went out and never turned on till Dying Fetus played. Reason I discussed the location of the venue was that the drums were basically right by a big double window. I lost track of all the pretty, preppy, Abercrombie-wearing, occasional dress-wearing people who would walk by the window to/from wherever and look inside and hear the screaming and they just froze. They looked at us like there we were individuals in a Sociology study. That was the best part of the night. Now I hope I don't have to go long w/o seeing Goatwhore again. I got the setlist from Sammy, these are all correct and in order:

Collapse in Eternal Worth
Provoking the Ritual of Death
The Black Art of Deception
In Deathless Tradition
Carving Out the Eyes of God
Sky Enferno (Crossed off, Not Played)
Alchemy of the Black Sun Cult
The All Destroying (Crossed off, Not Played)
When Steel and Bone Meet
Judgement of the Bleeding Crown
Invert the Virgin
Commanding The Legions Of Hell (Crossed off, Not Played)
To Mourn And Forever Wander (Crossed off, Not Played)
An End to Nothing
Apocalyptic Havoc

Found out that for whatever reason The Faceless had to cancel tonight. Never heard why. I was looking forward to them least out of the 3. I wished Goatwhore or DF would get longer sets b/c of this and sadly I think they just stuck in another local.

Gotta say it's tough to follow up Goatwhore's performance. I was a bigger fan of DF going into this show but I'd never seen them before. I'm hoping this doesn't come off negative b/c it's not meant to be but I probably enjoyed Goatwhore alot more than DF. I know I'm the minority but I wished to hear Pissing In The Mainstream or Kill Your Mother. I know those are "the hits" and I know based on one of the last sets posted they said they were tired of playing them which I completely understand. I hope next time I see them maybe I'll hear them then. That being said I still really loved DF. They played alot of songs I wasn't familiar with that I will definitely be looking up that I overlooked at some point. If the rest of the songs that'll be on the DF album are as good as the new ones played then I'll go on a limb and say it'll be an AOY nominee already. Felt like the biggest bitch. I was still right up front for half of DF set. For some reason I had the worst cramp in my ribcage area. I stretched through probably 4 songs and finally I gave up and got water and finally I wasn't hurting. Might be lamest excuse in history but dear god did it hurt. Based on the songtitles given and using metalsetlists as a reference this was same set that was already posted but for those who haven't seen it this is it:

Your Treachery Will Die With You
Fornication Terrorists
From Womb to Waste
Schematics
Homicidal Retribution
In Times of War
Shepherd's Commandment
Invert the Idols
Fate of the Condemned
Beaten Into Submission
One Shot, One Kill
Praise the Lord (Opium of the Masses)
Killing on Adrenaline

I know I'd have enjoyed myself more if they did mor songs I know. They were still brutal and pummeling, just as I had hoped. I do have 1 question for those who've seen DF alot. Do they normally do Justifilbe Homicide and/or Skum (Fuck The Weak)? Those would be 2 I'd love to hear.

All in all an amazing show, got to cross off 2 more bands off my metal bucket list and had a shorter drive back home than normal. I got pictures but sadly these are iPhone pictures. I was right in front so still really good but not up to what I normally post. Gracias for reading.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=0df1790787
Old 03-15-2012, 10:40 PM
Metal-Setlistcore

The Faceless decided to be scumbags and skip the whole tour without telling anybody, because of their new guitarist.

Also with them gone, that makes Last Chance To Reason the best band on the bill. Dead serious. Level 2 is a masterpiece.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:49 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomynous View Post
The Faceless decided to be scumbags and skip the whole tour without telling anybody, because of their new guitarist.

Also with them gone, that makes Last Chance To Reason the best band on the bill. Dead serious. Level 2 is a masterpiece.
THIS X1000
Old 03-15-2012, 11:18 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomynous View Post

Also with them gone, that makes Last Chance To Reason the best band on the bill. Dead serious.
When I saw them in Albany, they were beyond shitty ass terrible doo-doo. Maybe it was an off-night marred by aneurysms or epileptic seizures, but I doubt it.

Re: your post about The Faceless - yes, huge douche bag move. I don't get why they're so popular, even after 4 years sans release.

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 03-15-2012, 11:19 PM

Also, very cool review 300%!!

11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 03-15-2012, 11:56 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

To answer your question...I've seen Fetus five times and I've unfortunately never seen Skun (Fuck the Weak), which sucks because that's one of my favorite songs. I've seen Justifiable Homicide a few t imes, so it's pretty regular.

Edit: Also, awesome review, man.

Goatwhore's is definitely what turned me from a casual fan to an avid fan too.
9/6 Weekend Nachos
9/12 Sete Star Sept
9/19 Despise You
9/20 Revocation

Last edited by kalfitegrdan; 03-15-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
To answer your question...I've seen Fetus five times and I've unfortunately never seen Skun (Fuck the Weak), which sucks because that's one of my favorite songs.
I don't think they've ever played it. I'm not positive, but I don't think so.

11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 03-16-2012, 01:33 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
I don't think they've ever played it. I'm not positive, but I don't think so.
Yeah. I doubt they ever have. It doesn't seem like something that they would play, dammit if I don't wish they would though.
9/6 Weekend Nachos
9/12 Sete Star Sept
9/19 Despise You
9/20 Revocation
Old 03-16-2012, 08:31 AM
N00B

Goatwhore are a freaking WHIRLWIND live, the new material must rip in concert. Still need to see Fetus.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:49 AM
N00B

I wish The Faceless would drop off MA too...

Tags
dying fetus, goatwhore