Dark City
Damien
Anthem
Declaration Day
Days of Rage
Watching Over Me
Dante's Inferno
Iced Earth

Great show. The band was LOUD and my ears are still ringing a bit right now which is unusual for me the day after I see a show at this particular venue. I think the band may have been too loud though since Stu's vocals ended up being too low in the mix during the show. But when he hit those high notes you could hear him clearer than anything and he hit them all perfectly.

Stu is a really good frontman and knows how to work a crowd and Iced Earth deserves to be playing in front of larger crowds instead of the 200 or so people who came to this one. I've never understood why they aren't more popular? I'm not talking gold and platinum records but how the hell they aren't at least at the same popularity level as let's say Lamb Of God or Machine Head baffles me to no end. I don't have a problem with either of those bands, i'm just using them as an example. I guess metal fans today don't like hearing a band play metal properly, the way it was meant to be done with great riffs, melodic hooks and great clean singing. You know, the way the pioneering bands of metal taught us

I also loved that the concert was pretty much no bullshit. Except for a few times when Stu talked to the crowd, which he kept sort and to the point, the band just did one song after the other and kicked ass. The crowd was small but very vocal and for the most part into it, except for some idiot next to me who did nothing throughout the show. You don't have to headbang or sing along and go compeletly nuts but at least move to the music you lazy bastard

I enjoyed every song but my highlights were Dystopia, Angels Holocaust, Slave To The Dark, Damien, Dante's Inferno and Watching Over Me. Much like Barlow did on Alive In Athens, Stu made the songs off the first album listenable and better than the originals. Iced Earth to my knowledge has never played in Buffalo, if they have it was a decade or more ago and before I had become a fan. So hopefully the turnout was decent enough that the venue will have the back again.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 03-15-2012 at 05:27 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:06 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Dystopia
Stu made the songs off the first album listenable
Iced earth and Night of the Stormrider are amazing albums
Old 03-15-2012, 07:14 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
I'm not sure where you got the idea that I was putting down Stormrider? It's one of my favorite albums from them and I said nothing bad in my post about it. As far as the first album goes, it's not the material I was knocking but rather how awful of a singer they had on that album.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:20 AM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Stu is a really good frontman and knows how to work a crowd and Iced Earth deserves to be playing in front of larger crowds instead of the 200 or so people who came to this one. I've never understood why they aren't more popular? I'm not talking gold and platinum records but how the hell they aren't at least at the same popularity level as let's say Lamb Of God or Machine Head baffles me to no end. I don't have a problem with either of those bands, i'm just using them as an example. I guess metal fans today don't like hearing a band play metal properly, the way it was meant to be done with great riffs, melodic hooks and great clean singing. You know, the way the pioneering bands of metal taught us
Old 03-15-2012, 07:46 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
If Stormrider had been recorded by a later lineup of Iced Earth it honestly might have been my favorite Iced Earth record, but the actual original version... Eh. Great songs though.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:59 AM
N00B

its still my fav even with the other lineup, and now i see i mis read it, even tho i like the first albums singer
Old 03-15-2012, 03:35 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
Is there somethhing wrong with melodic/clean singing, great riffs and hooks?
Old 03-15-2012, 03:57 PM
N00B

Quote:
Dystopia
Angels Holocaust
Slave to the Dark
V
Stand Alone
When the Night Falls
Dark City
Damien
Anthem
Declaration Day
Days of Rage
Watching Over Me
Dante's Inferno
Iced Earth

Great show. The band was LOUD and my ears are still ringing a bit right now which is unusual for me the day after I see a show at this particular venue. I think the band may have been too loud though since Stu's vocals ended up being too low in the mix during the show. But when he hit those high notes you could hear him clearer than anything and he hit them all perfectly.

I also loved that the concert was pretty much no bullshit. Except for a few times when Stu talked to the crowd, which he kept sort and to the point, the band just did one song after the other and kicked ass. The crowd was small but very vocal and for the most part into it, except for some idiot next to me who did nothing throughout the show. You don't have to headbang or sing along and go compeletly nuts but at least move to the music you lazy bastard

I enjoyed every song but my highlights were Dystopia, Angels Holocaust, Slave To The Dark, Damien, Dante's Inferno and Watching Over Me. Much like Barlow did on Alive In Athens, Stu made the songs off the first album listenable and better than the originals. Iced Earth to my knowledge has never played in Buffalo, if they have it was a decade or more ago and before I had become a fan. So hopefully the turnout was decent enough that the venue will have the back again.
Warbringer set at all?
Old 03-15-2012, 04:25 PM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
Is there somethhing wrong with melodic/clean singing, great riffs and hooks?
Not at all, but to be the "proper" and pretty much only good way of playing metal? Yeah... no.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:56 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjaw_Kurosaki View Post
Warbringer set at all?
Living Weapon
Severed Reality
Jackal
Shoot To Kill
Total War
Future Ages Gone
Shattered Like Glass
Senseless Life
Living In A Whirlwind