Death Angel -- San Francisco, CA -- December 27th, 2014
Protest the Hero -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 27th, 2014
Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 01-29-2012, 08:44 AM
I ♥ Metal

Bands of the Calvert County MD Scene

So if you know anything about Calvert County, you know that is NOTHING to do here. That's probably one of the main reasons the scene around here started in the first place. It's mostly punk and alternative type acts but there is some metal sprinkled in here and there. But I think it's the small town community and the diversity of the music around here that make it feel so special on those dark rural weekends spent in a basement watching your friends' bands play and playing them yourself.

I'll be posting a different band here with each post with links to their facebook page and downloads on mediafire if they have any. Like everybody else in music they don't really do it for any money, profits, or attention and that passionate mindset really shows in the music. Hope you guys like them
Old 01-29-2012, 09:51 AM
I ♥ Metal

Entry #1: Joe Shlabotnik

Genre: Emo (don't judge until you listen por favor)

Liam Fletcher - Guitar/Backup Vocals
Pierce Jordan - Drums
Bobby Morrison - Vocals

These guys made music that I describe as "the soundtrack to your past adolescence." It is flawlessly created nostalgia music which can make you feel anything from a regretful unrest to a content reminiscence.

Their songs are short collections of uniquely crafted melodies strewn together seamlessly in a kind of bizarre cohesion. Liam's playing style reaches a level of originality and creativity that most guitarists his age could only hope to achieve. He and Bobby make their vocal limits known fully without it hindering the music at all. The cracks in their voices in fact achieve a level of expression that well executed singing would not have the potential to in this type of music. At the same time, despite Pierce's drumming never really reaching the forefront of the overall presentation, he provides the perfect compliment to the melodies and passages that are present.

It's also pretty easy to get lost in the lyrics and wondering what they are about and that's only part of the reason why they are fan-fucking-tastic! It's like if you were reading the tattered journal of that artisitic wannabe guy in the back of class if he was actually upbeat and his poetry was actually good. This is again why this is the perfect music to listen to while remembering the past and musing about good times long gone.

Unfortunately they're all off busy with other projects now but they left an undeniable impact on the CC Scene and we most likely wouldn't be alive without them. Also on a side note, if you played a show with them, just forget it there's no way to follow them. Simply level of sheer emotional energy and connection with the crowd in a small basement or garage atmosphere couldn't be matched.

Here's some of their stuff and profiles:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joe-Sh...38019379547671

http://phrasesinenglish.org/shlabotnik/

For their music start with We're in Your Hands Lady Q and then work your way through the rest. They'll have a full length out soon that I'll also post.
Enjoy!

Last edited by Blackened12; 01-29-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:41 PM
I ♥ Metal

Entry #2: Just Shoot Me

Genre: Punk / Skacore

Will Teague - Guitar/Vocals
A.J. Polesel - Bass/Backup Vocals
Mark Bessler - Drums

Unfortunately, like Shlabotnik, these guys have also split and are now in other projects (which are also great and I will make posts about them later). But I still find myself listening to their stuff when I need a good punk fix.

You'll like these guys if you are into punk, specifically that Leftover Crack type ska influenced upbeat punk. Catchy ass songs with great riffs. Download their EP!

http://justshootme.bandcamp.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Just-S...454729?sk=info
8/15-18 Rootwire Festival
10/11 Neutral Milk Hotel