Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014
Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-04-2012, 12:02 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Dying Fetus -- Albany, NY -- March 2nd, 2012

Got to the venue just as In The Casket was playing. They’re an Albany area slam/brutal death band, pretty similar to Dying Fetus actually. They weren’t bad. They have 2 vocalists, but should ditch the short guy w/ long hair, and go w/ the 6’5 360 pounder. Seriously a big dude. 6/10

Volumes was up next. Those of you who know my tastes know that I’m not a fan of progressive metal typically, but I didn’t hate these guys. I’d like to know what the first song they played was. That song wasn’t bad at all. Not a big fan of the clean vocals or his really gay shrieks, but the normal death metalish growls were good, and they executed some nice solos. They only played about 24 minutes. 6/10

I talked to Sean Beasley of DF and got a pic w/ him (of course I look awful in it) during most of Last Chance To Reason’s set. Fucker is big. Probably 6’2 250. They only played about 20 minutes for whatever reason. They looked to be having some technical issues before, so it must’ve been that. I also noticed Vincent from The Acacia Strain was there. I wanted to say hey, but he was always talking to someone. Dude is tall, like 6’4. Never knew that.

JFAC was up next, and they were solid. Same set as Providence , so I won’t post it, but the 2 new songs were great live. There wasn’t much action in the pit, and (un)surprisingly, there weren’t a lot of punk ass scene kids there for them. Most of the crowd on the floor for their set. were normal looking/dressing metalheads. Some people were bitching about “Dude, KNEE DEEP, ENTOMBMENT, BROOTULLL”, and you could tell Johnny was getting pissed. To the point where he jokingly said “fuck you” to the crowd. I really sense that they’re trying to rid themselves of the whole deathcore scene, and prove that they’re a legit death metal band. Only 1 song from Genesis, and they played just part of Entombment. As a whole, I don’t like Doom much, but I actually love Entombment of a Machine, so I wouldn’t mind seeing the complete version. Vid will suck, didn’t feel like fighting my way to the front, but I’ll share one of their new songs. Audio is good at least: 7/10

Black Discharge

I actually talked to Sean about how cool their setlist was, and he seemed to really appreciate it. He said they always try to play a song from each album when they headline. Also, he mentioned that they try to change at least half the set each headlining tour, as they never want people to say “Oh I don’t wanna see them, they play the same songs all the time”. I wish more bands thought like that!!! He said that on the Metalliance tour it will obviously be impossible, cause they're gonna play 2 new songs, and only get about a 30 minute set. Anyway, they killed it as always. Crowd was decent, not outstanding. Not a lot of moshers, but there were some intense pits, especially during Praise The Lord (Opium of the Masses), and whenever John said “FUCK SHIT UUUUUP” before a breakdown. The 2 new songs they played sounded solid, especially ‘Invert The Idols’. I think that’s the name of the track, not Invert Child. Check the clip below. That song FUCKING SLAMS. Real heavy. The other one is really good, too. Some dumbass right behind was LOSING HIS MIND for Kill Your Mother, Rape Your Dog. He started shouting for it after Fornication Terrorist, and continued to shout it like 3 times between every song. Then after DF was done, and he realized they weren’t gonna play it, he has this wide eyed look, shouting at his friend “Dude, what the fuck??!! No Kill Your Mother Rape, Your Dog!! That’s such fuckin bullshit!!” Really annoying. Yeah, I’ll take a song they play every show instead of the 5 rare songs they played tonight instead. Fuckin dumbass. Same setlist as Providence , so I won’t bother posting it, but it’s a great one. Video is much better, as I moved up to the front. Really good closeups, especially of Sean. Enjoy the vids!!

Schematics
Homicidal Retribution
Invert the Idols
Beaten Into Submission

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)

Last edited by hellawaits77ny; 03-04-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Awesome review. You should of said hi to Vincent from TAS.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
“Dude, what the fuck??!! No Kill Your Mother Rape, Your Dog!! That’s such fuckin bullshit!!”
I bet this dumbass only wants to hear Run To The Hills from Maiden.
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Old 03-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Bitch, shut up and blast beat my meat like a Pete Sandoval with titties.

that new song slays. I'm getting more and more excited for this damn album

1/19- Despise You
1/21- Castle
2/14- Hatebreed
3/16- AILD
Old 03-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Thrash Maniac!!!!

Quote:
The 2 new songs they played sounded solid, especially ‘Invert The Idols’. I think that’s the name of the track, not Invert Child.
Thank you for clearing up the song name. Plus both new songs are extremely great. Same with the new Job for a Cowboy stuff.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by street_burial View Post
that new song slays. I'm getting more and more excited for this damn album
The other new one is great, too. I didn't upload it cause there are some obstructions that get kind of annoying. New album will be slamming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the deathmetaler View Post
Thank you for clearing up the song name. Plus both new songs are extremely great. Same with the new Job for a Cowboy stuff.
No problem, man. I had to review the tape, cause when he said it, it kinda sounded like "Invert Bile". That would be interesting, LOL. I'm digging the new JFAC big time, too.

11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 03-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Rich Haagen Dazs farts

That Job for a Cowboy video makes me feel better about them being on Summer Slaughter. The two new songs kick ass.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Remember - today is the first day of the end of your life

I love it when bands shift their setlists like that! Deicide should take lessons from them, but I guess Glen Benton just doesn't give a fuck.

By the way, were you at the Deicide show yesterday? I didn't see you.

http://www.last.fm/user/voidflame
Old 03-05-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidFlame View Post
I love it when bands shift their setlists like that! Deicide should take lessons from them, but I guess Glen Benton just doesn't give a fuck.

By the way, were you at the Deicide show yesterday? I didn't see you.
Yeah I was, I looked for ya but couldn't find ya. I was upstairs for much of time, as I obtained a video pass. I'll post the vids in your thread later tonight.

11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 03-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Remember - today is the first day of the end of your life

Quote:
Yeah I was, I looked for ya but couldn't find ya. I was upstairs for much of time, as I obtained a video pass. I'll post the vids in your thread later tonight.
Aww ok! I was downstairs all the time. Will you be there for Hate Eternal this wednesday?

http://www.last.fm/user/voidflame

Tags
dying fetus, job for a cowboy