Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO-- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002
Queen + Adam Lambert - Toronto, ON - July 28th, 2014

Old 03-03-2012, 05:49 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Clutch -- Moscow, Russia -- April 16th, 2006

Searched up to see if Clutch had ever come to Russia before a month back, found this.

The House That Peterbilt
Mice and Gods
Escape From the Prison Planet
Army of Bono
Gullah
Never Be Moved
Rats
Texan Book of the Dead
Miami
Rock N Roll Outlaw
The Regulator
The Incomparable Mr. Flannery
Burning Beard
Who's Been Talking?
I-2
Pulaski Skyway
Promoter (of Earthbound Causes)
Wishbone
The Land of Pleasant Living
Profits of Doom
The Mob Goes Wild
Hitch a Ride
12 Ounce Epilogue
Cypress Grove
Gravel Road

Fuck, that's an amazing set. The club they played at (now defunct) was pretty DIY too, so I bet that must've been a great show.

What this is missing (not including Beale Street or Strange Cousins material since this was before those albums were released): Spacegrass, Tight Like That, I Have the Body of James Wilkes Booth, Big News I/II, Subtle Hustle, Spleen Merchant, Animal Farm, The Soapmakers, The Elephant Riders, Eight Times Over Miss October. Which goes to show that for me to hear everything I'd want to, I'd have to hit up more than one Clutch show.

Wait ...that's almost all of Robot Hive/Exodus! Interesting that there are three songs (Miami, I-2, Hitch a Ride) that aren't on any albums too.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 03-03-2012, 07:25 AM
" Amps on Ten, Ears are Bleeding "

Always great sets!
Old 03-03-2012, 08:19 AM
One who onions things

Was this on one of their "Evening with Clutch" tours? I don't think they've busted out a set this long anywhere in the last couple years or so. Regardless of set length though, Clutch are still probably one of the best live bands ever. I apparently caught them on "a bad night" last year, but it was still one of the most badass sets I've ever seen.

Last edited by Onioner; 03-03-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:35 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Was this on one of their "Evening with Clutch" tours? I don't think they've busted out a set this long anywhere in the last couple years or so. Regardless of set length though, Clutch are still probably one of the best live bands ever. I apparently caught them on "a bad night" last year, but it was still one of the most badass sets I've ever seen.
Agreed. I'm slightly suscpicious of this set. The evening with was in '04. I don't recall them doing some of those songs back in '06. Idk how real this is.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Agreed. I'm slightly suscpicious of this set. The evening with was in '04. I don't recall them doing some of those songs back in '06. Idk how real this is.
This is from one of the best sites for Moscow concert reviews, so I'm sold on it. Don't think they'd post it if it was bullshit.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 03-03-2012, 10:08 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

My first thought when I looked at it was, "this is a fake set." I could be wrong though.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Trainwreck Architect

I saw them around this time, they were still doing 'evening with' tours then, hence the long set and the show I saw was pretty similar so I'm sure it's legit.

Also I'm sure the song listed as 'I-2' is Big News I/II. They usually opened their second set with that.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:11 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeRockStar View Post
I saw them around this time, they were still doing 'evening with' tours then, hence the long set and the show I saw was pretty similar so I'm sure it's legit.

Also I'm sure the song listed as 'I-2' is Big News I/II. They usually opened their second set with that.
Well there we go then! That also explains why Who's Been Talking is in the middle of the posted set too (assuming that was the closer for the first set). I would kill to see An Evening With Clutch tour, but without a permanent keyboardist I doubt that will happen. Not to mention, the band has generally performed shorter sets as of late. Only their December east coast runs seem to have sets with 20+ songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal_descent View Post

What this is missing (not including Beale Street or Strange Cousins material since this was before those albums were released): Spacegrass, Tight Like That, I Have the Body of James Wilkes Booth, Big News I/II, Subtle Hustle, Spleen Merchant, Animal Farm, The Soapmakers, The Elephant Riders, Eight Times Over Miss October. Which goes to show that for me to hear everything I'd want to, I'd have to hit up more than one Clutch show.
Yeah, multiple shows are pretty much necessary for Clutch. I don't know about this "James Wilkes Booth" person, but the band tends to play most of the songs you listed relatively often, with a couple of exceptions. They recently don't seem to play a lot of tracks from s/t in one given set though, especially an electric version of Tight Like That.

Last edited by Onioner; 03-03-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Tags
clutch