Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Marduk-- Norrköping, Sweden--December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Old 02-23-2012, 09:07 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Terror -- Montreal, Quebec -- February 20th, 2012

Terror
Feb 20, 2012
Club Soda
Montreal

SICK show. My 7th time seeing Terror, and this was probably the 2nd best, after their performance at NEMHF last year. The opening band, Obey The Brave, which is Alex Erian from Despised Icon's new band, wasn't bad at all. I will get a YouTube clip up tommorrow and share it. Club Soda has a capacity of ~800, and I'd say the show was close to it, at least 600-700 attendees. Place was fucking DEAD during Former Thieves and Stray From The Path. Neither band was abysmal, but I wasn't impressed either.

When Terror came out, the place started to liven up immensely. Great energy from Scott as usual, and they sounded great. Right before Out Of My Face he started talking about everyone moving up (over the guitar feedback), and then immediately broke into the FUCK EVERYTHING AND EVERYBODY!!!! and the place went nuts. I actually got chills when that happened. Just an overall great show. We didn't stay for Everytime I Hear Them I want to Die. Unfortunately, it wasn't all great. I filmed Obey The Brave w/ my Canon HV20 w/o an issue. Then when I was getting the cam ready for Terror I got the "Remove The Cassette" error message, and no matter what I tried, I couldn't use the damn thing. So I ended up filming w/ my Lumix. Lumix isn't bad, but it's nowhere near a legit HD camcorder. Sucks, because w/ the way the lighting was, it would've been sick.

Terror (w/ YT vids attached)
1) Stick Tight
2) Overcome
3) One With the Underdogs
4) Lowest of The Low
5) Your Enemies Are Mine
6) Out of My Face
7) Betrayer
8) Spit My Rage
9) Always The Hard Way
10) Life and Death
11) You're Caught
12) Keep Your Mouth Shut
13) Keepers of the Faith

A pretty standard setlist, but they switched up a couple songs from the shows they just did in Europe. They played for ~37 minutes, which is almost as long as they play when they headline, so I was pretty happy.

12/07: Slipknot/Korn (?)
12/13: Despised Icon (?)

Last edited by hellawaits77ny; 02-24-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:14 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

This set is hardly different from when they toured w/ Acacia Strain...and I don't even care!!!! Terror never gets old for me!!!! I hope I can see them here in a few more weeks!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:22 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

I fucking LOVED Terror the night before in Burlington. One of the sickest performances I've seen from any band. I was supposed to see them in Montreal as well actually, but my ride got hungover and didn't feel like going

Also, the Higher Ground guys were chill as fuck. It wasn't until their third or fourth song that the security actually came out in the barricade, and even then I could easily evade them and get on stage. They barely made any attempt to stop me.

Also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
Everytime I Hear Them I want to Die.
Gotta give you kudos for at least being original (yes, I'm looking at you pablo )
Old 02-23-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
I fucking LOVED Terror the night before in Burlington. One of the sickest performances I've seen from any band. I was supposed to see them in Montreal as well actually, but my ride got hungover and didn't feel like going

Also, the Higher Ground guys were chill as fuck. It wasn't until their third or fourth song that the security actually came out in the barricade, and even then I could easily evade them and get on stage. They barely made any attempt to stop me.

Also...

Gotta give you kudos for at least being original (yes, I'm looking at you pablo )
I considered going to Higher Ground too, but decided to save some $. That's suprising for Higher Ground security, those guys are usually dicks.

Thanks for the kudos

Old 02-24-2012, 07:17 AM
Remember - today is the first day of the end of your life

I never understood the such huge buzz/worship around this band. Sure, they're a good hardcore band, but I never heard anything that special in their music. They play here every 4 months approximately, so I'll catch them sometime. Their live performances look like fun according to your videos and review.

http://www.last.fm/user/voidflame
Old 02-24-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidFlame View Post
I never understood the such huge buzz/worship around this band. Sure, they're a good hardcore band, but I never heard anything that special in their music. They play here every 4 months approximately, so I'll catch them sometime. Their live performances look like fun according to your videos and review.
You definately should catch a show of there's. I can understand your opinion. What I like about them is they're hardcore w/ some really solid thrashy riffs. Also, I found a new appreciation for them once I saw them live.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:42 AM

Here is a song by Obey The Brave:

Live and Learn

They're ok, not outstanding. Pretty generic, and if they didn't have Alex singing, I probably wouldn't have even checked them out. But apparently somebody is liking them. Almost 2,000 views in less than 2 days.

Tags
terror