Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Gideon -- Toledo, OH -- April 22nd, 2014
Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014
Megadeth -- Quito, Ecuador -- April 22nd, 2014
Ghost -- Lawrence, KS -- April 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Did somebody say Fair Warning? Lord strike that poor boy down!

Van Halen -- Indianapolis, IN -- February 22nd, 2012

From setlist.fm

You Really Got Me
(The Kinks cover)
Runnin' With the Devil
She's The Woman
Romeo Delight
Tattoo
Everybody Wants Some!!
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
China Town
Hear About It Later
Oh, Pretty Woman
(Roy Orbison cover)
Drum Solo
Unchained
The Trouble with Never
Dance The Night Away
I'll Wait
Hot For Teacher
Women In Love
Girl Gone Bad
Beautiful Girls
Ice Cream Man
(John Brim cover)
Panama
Guitar Solo
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Jump

---------------------------------------------

I was not at this show or the last show I posted but... I will be there tomorrow!!!! here are my thoughts.

The set rocks... I see that Mean Street was replaced with Hear About It Later. I wouldn't so it but that being said, I did hear MS on the last tour... HAIL I've never heard.

I really hope GGB stays in the set for tomorrow!!

I would like to see I'll Wait get replaced by anything but Jamie's Crying.

If I had to replace a new song it would be Chinatown with Blood and Fire... I really like that one. Plus, during the bridge, when he sings "look at all of the people hear tonight", they could shine the lights on the crowd!! That would be excellent!!!

John
Old 02-23-2012, 05:36 PM
One who onions things

Hear About It Later? Son of a bitch

Too bad about it replacing Mean Street though, but an awesome addition nonetheless. If they bust out Hang 'Em High I might just cry tears of joy.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:40 PM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

I can't wait for both NYC shows, I just KNOW they are gonna change some stuff up each night, so I hope to see every rotation of every on/off song.

I'll Wait & China Town should never be replaced, ever. The 3 cover songs should be replaced no matter how well known they are. Opening with a cover song is just ludicrous.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:51 PM

It's too bad about the way the treat YRGM. Here's my vision...

~9pm... A shadow walks out on stage, stands there for a moment, the crowd goes crazy because they think something is happening, a moment of feedback happens (from guitar, maybe?), a guitar note breaks loose, spotlight on, Eddie is viewed and Eruption begins... then it goes into YRGM, just like we all hear it, every time!! THAT... would be an opener!!

If Eruption doesn't open the song, it's just another cover.... I said this after the last tour and I'll probably say it after the next... Oh well.

While I like China Town, Blood and Fire is better, IMO.

My bigger beef is with I'll Wait. If there's not going to be any keys present, why do the song?
Old 02-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post
I can't wait for both NYC shows, I just KNOW they are gonna change some stuff up each night, so I hope to see every rotation of every on/off song.

I'll Wait & China Town should never be replaced, ever. The 3 cover songs should be replaced no matter how well known they are. Opening with a cover song is just ludicrous.

You want to see Load/Reload played in it's entirety and you think I'll Wait should never be replaced. That's two for two on the asshole meter.

Shit I'd be happy if they replaced I'll Wait with a new song. This is one of the rare cases where a band isn't playing enough new material.

Pretty Woman should probably go though. It was cute back in the day, but at this stage in the game its just weird hearing Van Halen doing classic rock covers (Ice Cream Man withstanding, because that has one of Eddie's best solos ever).
Old 02-23-2012, 06:01 PM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
You want to see Load/Reload played in it's entirety and you think I'll Wait should never be replaced. That's two for two on the asshole meter.

Shit I'd be happy if they replaced I'll Wait with a new song. This is one of the rare cases where a band isn't playing enough new material.

Pretty Woman should probably go though. It was cute back in the day, but at this stage in the game its just weird hearing Van Halen doing classic rock covers (Ice Cream Man withstanding, because that has one of Eddie's best solos ever).
I also think they should bust out Baluchitherium. Dave could take a break, and that song has an ultra-mean groove.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post

I would agree with you there... I'd love to hear You are Your Blues, Beats Workin', or Stay Frosty or heck, leave China Town in there. over I'll Wait!

Full Disclosure, 1984 is my favorite Dave VH album. I have them all, love them all. I think it just has everything that make s VH as great as they are. I also love I'll Wait... but why play it when you're not even going to play the keys? It wasn't that popular?!?!!?!
Old 02-23-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post
I also think they should bust out Baluchitherium. Dave could take a break, and that song has an ultra-mean groove.
UGH.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Dragon Of The R˙che

I've seen some footage of this tour and I'm not at all impressed. Dave really needs to drop those glittery outfits and the headset as well. And that dorky way of dancing of his is just plain embarrassing. I know he's older and can't move and jump around like he used to, but at least drop the dorky and gay looking stuff.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:30 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Few observations. Dave needs to drop the wireless headset. He looks like what every aging boyband member from the 2000s will look like by 2020.

My comment for You Really Got Me as opener. Yes I know the song was a classic before the first VH came out. But to me the majority of people probably see it as much as a VH song as much as a song from The Kinks. It's a classic IMO and since the first VH came out I'm going to go on a limb and guess the majority of the population will think of the VH version before The Kinks version. Not saying its a bad thing. They both do it well. Just my

Tags
van halen