Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

August Burns Red -– Chicago, IL -- February 19th, 2012

August Burns Red – Chicago, IL - Feb. 19, 2012 Review

So after August Burns Red sold out House Of Blues a few weeks ago they decided to add a second show the night after at the Bottomlounge. Now Bottomlounge is really small with a small stage and no railings or anything so this show was bound to be insane and man it was. We really made Bottomlounge security work. I got in around 5:40 and doors opened at 5:30 with first band on at 6. I got close to the left side of the stage and decided to watch the first band “I, The Breather”.

Setlist :
Forgiven
Longevity
Bruised and Broken
The Common Good
New Song
High Rise

Now they were okay musically. The guitarists just stood there in their polos and v-necks and were boring but the lead singer had some good energy. All their songs pretty much blended in together with breakdowns but the high point of their show was the lead singer did the entire last song while standing on top of the crowd. Other than that they weren’t amazing.

Next up was Texas In July. They actually seemed to have problems setting up so they started late. The leader came on stage and said they were only going to have 15-20 minutes to play and that everyone needed to step it up. The crowd brought it for this band. They were a good mix of metalcore with almost hardcore vocals. Everyone in the band was constantly moving around and during the final song the lead singer stage dived and did part of the song on top of the crowd while other people crowd surfed on top of him. They were pretty good.

Setlist :

(?)

After Texas In July were Silverstein. Now when they started I wasn’t really into them because they were alot softer than the previous bands and the lead singer was just flipping his hair around in his leather jacket and all that. But they quickly turned it up and had everyone going in this mix of pop punk like songs. The singer can actually sing and scream and everyone in the band was constantly jumping around the stage and at one point the bassist has done a cannonball into the crowd with his bass and a mic in his hand. I’ll be checking out more of them for sure. Also I guess they played a few songs that were different than the normal set.

Setlist :

(?)

Finally it was time for August Burns Red. Now they opened with like a dubstep opener and was telling everyone to dance while they all danced around the stage plus they had some huge strobe lights going and it just set the mood for insanity. From the first song to the last song the pit never died and just about every person in the venue was pushing everyone. I saw at least 5 guys and 10 girls walking away with busted faces and bloody noses. People were stage diving and crowd surfing all the time and the band was on top of their game and having a good time with crowd. The lead singer dedicated a few songs to the 3 guys in the front row that apparently looked like Matt Damon. During “Internal Cannon” they told everyone to grab a partner and to get their dance on which had everyone in the venue just busting out dancing with everyone. Also the setlist was different from the rest of the venue since they switched the order and added a few different songs. Also closing with “Empire” made everyone just lose their minds.

Setlist :

(?)

Lastly the drum solo was INSANE! They had the drummer then another guy on stage on a mini kit with a symbol and few snare drums and they were just going crazy. Plus throughout the shows they guys would wear headbands that had cameras on them. The show was well worth the trip and my troubles getting home.

Pictures can be found on my site Link
Old 02-20-2012, 12:38 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Damn, that actually sounds really fun. And can I take this as confirmation that the Bottom lounge is now completely okay with stagediving?
Old 02-20-2012, 12:44 PM

No not at all! After every band they had to keep telling us that the Bottomlounge does not allow stagediving or crowdsurfing and by doing it you will be thrown out.

Not a single person listened and no one was thrown out. I think security doesn't care really just the guy working the soundboard seemed to.

Plus the lead singer of Texas In July was on stage one time when they announced it and he got the crowd to boo the soundboard.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:31 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Man, I really wanted to go to the House of Blues. Now I'm pretty mad that it was sold out because this sounds like it was a lot of fun. I've been wanting to see Texas in July for awhile, but they always tour with pretty shitty bands and this was one of the only times that they've toured with decent bands.
12/13 Acheron ?
12/17 Cannabis Corpse ?
12/19 Wretched ?
12/26 Macabre ?
Old 02-20-2012, 06:06 PM

I bought my ticket for this show Saturday night so you enough time to get them saying that they didn't out the signs up that it sold out until after doors opened so tickets were still available.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:50 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Finally it was time for August Burns Red. Now they opened with like a dubstep opener and was telling everyone to dance while they all danced around the stage plus they had some huge strobe lights going and it just set the mood for insanity.
I'm glad they didn't do this when I saw them. I looked at the set from the House of Blues show and it's disappointing. Seven songs from Leveler? That's a bit much.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
I'm glad they didn't do this when I saw them. I looked at the set from the House of Blues show and it's disappointing. Seven songs from Leveler? That's a bit much.
It was actually a cool opener and I don't know what the bottomlounge set was like but it was good.

Tags
august burns red