Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-16-2012, 10:07 PM
N00B

Megadeth -- Saskatoon, Saskatchewan -- February 16th, 2012

Alright, this was the second Gigantour I attended (2008 being the last one) and it was awesome. I missed Lacuna Coil and Volbeat, this was my second time seeing Motorhead, and this was my fourth time seeing Megadeth (first time with David Ellefson back in the band).

Motorhead:
I got into the venue just before 8:30 and was inside for all of two minutes before Motorhead started. They played the same setlist as all the other shows of Gigantour, and they were incredibly awesome once again, I'd say even better than when I saw them last year.

Setlist:
--------
Bomber
Damage Case
I Know How to Die
Stay Clean
Over the Top
The Chase Is Better Than the Catch
The One to Sing the Blues w/Drum Solo
Going to Brazil
Killed by Death
Ace of Spades
Overkill

Megadeth:
Then came time for Megadeth. From the reviews I had read I was expecting the same standard setlist and shitty sound mix I'd hearing about, but this was not the case. The sound mix was pretty good for the most part, depending on where you were. I was off to the side near the PA system for most of their set and it sounded pretty good from there. The guitars could be a little bit muddy at times but for the most part they were good. Dave's vocals were definitely the inconsistent part of the mix, sometimes they were loud and clear and sometimes they were inaudible. The vocals themselves (when you could actually hear them) actually sounded pretty good, I thought.

Trust worked better as an opener than I had originally anticipated, and the next few songs after that caught me off guard, being different from all the other setlists I'd read from this tour. The rest of the set was pretty standard, but still really good. It was awesome to finally see David Ellefson in the band. Also, Dave Mustaine talked way more between songs than usual. All the other times I've seen them they generally went straight from one song to the next without pausing to talk or interact with the crowd much at all, but this time he did a fair bit of talking which made it feel way more relaxed, rather than just rushing to fit in every second of music they can before curfew. It was a nice change of pace for sure.

2012 marks my ten year anniversary as a Megadeth fan, so this was a great show to celebrate that occasion. Good setlist with songs I'd never heard before, a very tight performance, and a pretty energetic crowd. A much better show than I had been expecting, which was great considering I had (somewhat) low expectations, and am sick with a bit of a nasty cold and wasn't sure I'd have the energy to attend until a couple hours beforehand. Good stuff.

Setlist:
--------
Trust
Hangar 18
Angry Again
Ashes In Your Mouth
Foreclosure of a Dream
Dawn Patrol
Headcrusher
A Tout Le Monde
Public Enemy No. 1
Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
Guns, Drugs, & Money
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells
-----------
Holy Wars

Last edited by Solarian13; 02-17-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:27 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarian13 View Post
Alright, this was the second Gigantour I attended (2008 being the last one) and it was awesome. I missed Lacuna Coil and Volbeat, this was my second time seeing Motorhead, and this was my fourth time seeing Megadeth (first time with David Ellefson back in the band).

Motorhead:
I got into the venue just before 8:30 and was inside for all of two minutes before Motorhead started. They played the same setlist as all the other shows of Gigantour, and they were incredibly awesome once again, I'd say even better than when I saw them last year.

Setlist:
--------
Bomber
Damage Case
I Know How to Die
Stay Clean
Over the Top
The Chase Is Better Than the Catch
The One to Sing the Blues w/Drum Solo
Going to Brazil
Killed by Death
Ace of Spades
Overkill

Megadeth:
Then came time for Megadeth. From the reviews I had read I was expecting the same standard setlist and shitty sound mix I'd hearing about, but this was not the case. The sound mix was pretty good for the most part, depending on where you were. I was off to the side near the PA system for most of their set and it sounded pretty good from there. The guitars could be a little bit muddy at times but for the most part they were good. Dave's vocals were definitely the inconsistent part of the mix, sometimes they were loud and clear and sometimes they were inaudible. The vocals themselves (when you could actually hear them) actually sounded pretty good, I thought.

Trust worked better as an opener than I had originally anticipated, and the next few songs after that caught me off guard, being different from all the other setlists I'd read from this tour. The rest of the set was pretty standard, but still really good. It was awesome to finally see David Ellefson in the band. Also, Dave Mustaine talked way more between songs than usual. All the other times I've seen them they generally went straight from one song to the next without pausing to talk or interact with the crowd much at all, but this time he did a fair bit of talking which made it feel way more relaxed, rather than just rushing to fit in every second of music they can before curfew. It was a nice change of pace for sure.

2012 marks my ten year anniversary as a Megadeth fan, so this was a great show to celebrate that occasion. Good setlist with songs I'd never heard before, a very tight performance, and a pretty energetic crowd. A much better show than I had been expecting, which was great considering I had (somewhat) low expectations, and am sick with a bit of a nasty cold and wasn't sure I'd have the energy to attend until a couple hours beforehand. Good stuff.

Setlist:
--------
Trust
Hangar 18
Angry Again
Ashes In Your Mouth
Foreclosure of a Dream
Dawn Patrol
A Tout Le Monde
Public Enemy No. 1
Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
Guns, Drugs, & Money
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells
-----------
Holy Wars
Great review my friend, and it's good to see Dave putting "Angry Again", "Foreclosure of a Dream", and "Ashes in your Mouth" to the setlist. Maybe this a sign of good things to come, who knows.

also, as much as I love Dawn patrol, they should boot that song off in favor of another RIP tun age, i was thinking something like FIVE MAGICS
11/14 - Slayer
Old 02-16-2012, 11:25 PM

Damn it, Solarian you beat me to it. Damn that hour long drive to get back home. :-P

Anyways, here's my thoughts:

My friend and I showed up at the venue around 6:30 since we decided to get something to eat before heading to Prarieland. Lacuna Coil were on their last two songs when we went inside but judging from what I heard we didn't miss too much. We went straight to the merch table, I wanted to get the Motorhead Canada T-shirt but it was all sold out except for small so I settled for the "No Album Till Next Year" tour T.

Volbeat was pretty cool. I have not listened to them much but I went in with an open mind and was pleasantly surprised.

Motorhead was my real reason for going. They are among my favorite bands and I have yet to see them live but I fucking loved it. I was having a blast rocking out, moshing and just having a good time. If Megadeth wasn't on the bill I would have still gone home satisfied after Motorhead.

This was my 3rd time seeing Megadeth. I'd say it was my 2nd favorite performance I've seen from them with the Rust In Peace tour from 2 years ago being my favorite. Subbing out Wake Up Dead for Ashes In Your Mouth kinda caught me off guard but it was a cool surprise. Another cool surprise was when they played Angry Again which pretty much made my night.

Around the end of the set I ended up on the rail to the right of the stage. When they were throwing out the picks Dave Ellefson came over to my side and I was jumping up and down yelling "Dave, Dave, throw me a pick man!" and he looked over at me and threw a handful in my general direction and I almost caught one but the guy next to me got it which was pretty disappointing . All in all it was a pretty fun night but I'm not sure if I'd pay to see Megadeth as a headliner again unless the support is awesome.

EDIT: You forgot Head Crusher in the set. They played it after Dawn Patrol.

Last edited by Christen; 02-16-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:12 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

At least they changed up a couple songs.

12/07: Slipknot/Korn (?)
12/13: Despised Icon (?)
Old 02-17-2012, 01:39 AM
Troo Methulfan

Can't wait to see Megadeth at GMM 2012, very good setlist.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:43 AM
welp

Ashes and Foreclosure? Nice. I wonder if this is hinting at some sort of CTE 20th anniversary celebration. I doubt it though.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:17 AM
N00B

Hoping they add more and do something different for Denver since its the last show of the tour.

Still somehow hoping Volbeat begins Barney out and sings Evelyn being the last night.

ya, dawn patrol really needs to go. or they need to add something cool like five magics or tornadoes afterwards. dawn patrol is just really filler.

Last edited by noahj; 02-17-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:32 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

ASHES IN YOUR MOUTH!!!
Old 02-18-2012, 05:08 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Fuck yes, need to hear Ashes in Your Mouth. Hopefully they won't cut it out of their set at Graspop
3/15 Gogol Bordello

Tags
megadeth, motorhead