It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014
Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-13-2012, 08:54 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochen View Post
The sound was bad, but that's what one should expect with a Megadeth show nowadays. It seems like every tour there are a lot of complaints about the sound, mainly Dave's vocals being inaudible
I didn't think the sound was the best it could have been, but I didn't think it was horrid or anything. Except on Head Crusher, I couldn't tell if Dave skipped the first verse (up to the "death by the head crusher" chorus) or if it was something with the sound.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:22 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Have yet to see a review from this tour where Megadeth sounded good. Such a shame, as they actually weren't bad at The Big 4, which was a HUGE improvement over they're performance at the Mansfield date of the Mayhem Fest. Hopefully the 2+ month break (at least I don't think they have any shows during that time) between the end of Gigantour and Rock on the Range will give Dave some good recouperation. I have no desire to see ROTR but people paying big $ deserve to see a better performance from Megadave.

12/07: Slipknot/Korn (?)
12/13: Despised Icon (?)
Old 02-14-2012, 03:15 PM
N00B

I have seen Megadeth 5 times and i was at this show, Mayhem Fest last year and American Carnage in Chicago and 2 other occasions years ago. For the last 3 shows, I am not sure if it's just me, but i think age is gettin to Dave's voice badly. It seems like the harder songs he has trouble singing and shit its not fair when i can only hear him sing on songs like Symphony Of Destruction or A Tout Le Monde. Musically, i think Dave still shreds on the guitar and the other 3 kill it as well but goddamn with Dave's voice gone shot.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:52 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickweiser View Post
I have seen Megadeth 5 times and i was at this show, Mayhem Fest last year and American Carnage in Chicago and 2 other occasions years ago. For the last 3 shows, I am not sure if it's just me, but i think age is gettin to Dave's voice badly. It seems like the harder songs he has trouble singing and shit its not fair when i can only hear him sing on songs like Symphony Of Destruction or A Tout Le Monde. Musically, i think Dave still shreds on the guitar and the other 3 kill it as well but goddamn with Dave's voice gone shot.
I agree. It even looks like he's in pain when he's singing some of the harder songs.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:52 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickweiser View Post
I am not sure if it's just me, but i think age is gettin to Dave's voice badly. .
It ain't just you, my friend. His voice is terrible.

12/07: Slipknot/Korn (?)
12/13: Despised Icon (?)

Tags
megadeth