Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-11-2012, 07:23 AM
Remember - today is the first day of the end of your life

Aggressor -- Montreal, Quebec -- February 10th, 2012

Venue: Foufounes Électriques
Opening bands: Forbidden Sin, Shotgun Cure, Crosstitution, Venomenon

When I arrived, Venomenon (a local thrash band) had just started playing. Though the venue was nearly empty, I really enjoyed their set. I had already seen them about 2 years ago, but they improved drasticly. They played really heavy modern thrash; a mix of Pantera-ish groovy elements, with violent fast-paced parts, sometimes reminiscent of old school death metal. Definitely one of the best bands of the night.

Crosstitution were really fun as always (this was my third time seeing them). They're a local death/grind band and they're brutal as fuck! The songs were tight and savage, but those who know this band know that the best part of their live show is their singer: He's got his face and his shirt painted with fake blood, he yells like a fucking pitbull and he keeps insulting the crowd in a really funny, exagerated way. At some point, there were about 20 people in front of the stage giving him the middle finger .

The next band was Shotgun Cure, a heavy/thrash metal band from Toronto, sharing a guitarist with Aggressor. They have a very young and talented drummer. They were good, but I thought that sometimes the songs lacked power, especially the vocals which were almost inaudible.

The last opening band was Forbidden Sin, a local thrash/metalcore band. This was my second time seeing them and I was hoping they had improved, but they hadn't. The transitions between their riffs are really confused and most of their songs are horribly generic. However, I have to give them credits, because they have a lot of energy on stage. They have a good frontman, though sometimes his over-interacting with the crowd gets annoying and his lyrics are really cheesy. I got bored by the end of their set.

Finally, Aggressor played! This small canadian tour was for the release of their new album, Beyond All Reckoning and they mostly played songs from that album. They were super heavy and they all had a huge stage presence, specially their singer, who was hilarious. There were pits and everyone seemed to have a great time! One epic fact about their show was that there was a guy in a wheelchair in the crowd. They were supposed to play "Redemption" from the new album, but they asked us if we wanted to hear "something fast and heavy, or Thin Lizzy". The answer was Thin Lizzy . At the end of the set, they played an unplanned encore consisting of "Seek & Destroy", with the bassist from Exciter (who came from Ottawa to watch the show), the guitarist from Alcoholator, and other people from Montreal thrash bands on vocals. Everyone in the crowd just went crazy and it ended the show perfectly.

There was also a drum solo in there somewhere.

Tonight I'm going to see Lock Up and Goatwhore look out for a review tomorrow!

Aggressor

What Is Me
Justice Lost
Staring Down at You
Unknown
The Wanderer
Unto the World
I Am the Locust*
Cold Sweat (Thin Lizzy cover)
Million Dollar Slaughter
Seek & Destroy (Metallica cover)**

*extended, with a break including guitar solos
**with Rob Cohen from Exciter, Matt and Oli from Alcoholator, Pat from Reanimator, and others...

http://www.last.fm/user/voidflame

Last edited by VoidFlame; 02-11-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:55 AM
" Amps on Ten, Ears are Bleeding "

Cold Sweat!! Such a great tune!

On a side note, I want to get tickets for Onslaught/Empire of Evil. They are playing at Katacombes. What is best method of getting tickets. When I was in Montreal the other night they were closed. Any help would be great! Thanks!
Old 02-12-2012, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsip View Post
Cold Sweat!! Such a great tune!

On a side note, I want to get tickets for Onslaught/Empire of Evil. They are playing at Katacombes. What is best method of getting tickets. When I was in Montreal the other night they were closed. Any help would be great! Thanks!
Well, you can buy them online here. You can also buy them at the Katacombes, they're open most of the times, just don't go before 8 pm. And if you're early in Montreal, you can buy them at the Profusion Metalstore. Anyway, if you go to that show, we'll probably see eachother.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:12 PM
" Amps on Ten, Ears are Bleeding "

Thanks for the info. I assume the Metal store is really close to Katacombes? I will check it out.

I am looking forward to the Onslaught show. I have liked them since 1985. Their new album(s) are really good!
Old 02-14-2012, 02:11 PM

Still haveto listen to the new album, going to do it soon... but the Metalstore's not that close to the Katacombes (4 metro stations away I think).

Tags
aggressor