N00B

Liturgy -- Ft. Lauderdale, FL -- February 11th, 2012

Liturgy
High Gold
Generation
Returner
Veins of God
Glory Bronze

Alright, what a interesting night. So we got to the venue around like 7:30, tickets were 15$ at the door so we bought our tickets and got in line. Everyone was dressed super stereotypical with plenty hipsters and tumblrsluts. We got in the venue, they had a liturgy shirt for like 10$ but it looked lame so I skipped out on it. Got in the venue and around about 8:45 Liturgy came on. First thing was obvious, only me and my friends knew who they were and there was only 2 members on stage. They had no bassist or drummer, instead they we're using a mac. I smoked a joint while they played and it was quite obvious they didn't sound good, not because they sucked, but the lack of the drummer really killed the sound. The digital sounding drums sounded god awful and really ruined everything. Everyone else completely hated them, making fun of the vocals and such. I had no problem with anyone except for these 12 year old tumblr sluts smoking cigarettes and yelling at people "YOU MADE ME SPILL MY BEER" so people would notice they were drinking I tried not loosing my shit. They also made fun of metal a lot, which i think was really stupid for many reasons, mostly considering the band they came for, sleigh bells, is really metal related. They were just uneducated and almost made me want to leave. Thankfully I stayed.

The next band came, they were called The Jacuzzi Boys, they we're kinda punkish surf rock. I don't know how to define them really. They did sound good and me and my friends started a pit by accident which turned out to get pretty crazy. Overall they were fun. Also going into the pits high is kinda fun.
Not much to say, I didn't know their music but they were fun and sounded good.

Next was Sleigh Bells, I didn't know much about them and I was surprised to see how popular they were. I wasn't sure what to expect, but when they came on something sounded familiar. Then it clicked, they opened with Silvester Anfang off Deathcrush, which completely blew my mind. I think I was the only one who recognized it, which added to how pathetic those girls making fun of metal are since their favorite band opened up with a metal song in a way. Soon then the band of three came on and played their music. They opened up with a new song which got an okay reaction, but once they played their well known stuff the crowd went nuts and it ended up being complete chaos. The pit was huge with people going all out. I was completely surprised, but I joined for the whole show. The music sounded much heavier live so that was a plus for me, even after the show the music is growing on me. I surprisingly had a lot of fun, so I'm not going to complain.

Overall it was a very fun show and a great experience. Don't regret going at all.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:53 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Yeah man, one of the most fun pits I've ever been in was for AWOLNATION, a completely non-metal indie rock band. You never know when concerts like that are gonna be awesome.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
They had no bassist or drummer, instead they we're using a mac.
Wow, that sounds horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
They also made fun of metal a lot, which i think was really stupid for many reasons, mostly considering the band they came for, sleigh bells, is really metal related. They were just uneducated and almost made me want to leave.
I'm curious, what sort of things did they say? As I have stated before, I don't have any problems with their music, but their attitude is idiotic. If they respected the metal community I doubt they would be hated nearly as much.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post

I'm curious, what sort of things did they say? As I have stated before, I don't have any problems with their music, but their attitude is idiotic. If they respected the metal community I doubt they would be hated nearly as much.
I think he meant the crowd was making fun of metal
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 02-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I think he meant the crowd was making fun of metal
Oops, didn't read that correctly.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:52 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Yeah man, one of the most fun pits I've ever been in was for AWOLNATION, a completely non-metal indie rock band. You never know when concerts like that are gonna be awesome.
Yeah, I was completely in shock at that. It was a blast though.

Quote:
Yup, it completely ruined their set.

Quote:
Oops, didn't read that correctly.
Yeah, thanks Manks. The band didn't make fun of metal at all, I'm sure the guitarist was wearing some sort of metal shirt, I just couldn't tell who. Also like I said, they opened up with Silvester Anfang off Deathcrush.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

I almost went to see the Jacuzzi Boys for free a few weeks ago. Sounds like I should've gone..
Old 02-12-2012, 07:01 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
I almost went to see the Jacuzzi Boys for free a few weeks ago. Sounds like I should've gone..
They were great imo. Didn't know them but I really dug them. Had a good vibe to em.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:35 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

How are Sleigh Bells metal-related? Just wondering.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 02-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal_descent View Post
How are Sleigh Bells metal-related? Just wondering.
Primarily because they use a lot of heavily-distorted guitar, and some of their beats are pretty heavy.

Tags
liturgy