Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Summer Slaughter -- Knoxville, TN -- July 31st, 2014
Lich King -- Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Dillinger Escape Plan -- Brooklyn, NY -- July 31st, 2014
Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 02-10-2012, 05:08 PM
elturtleboy's Avatar
elturtleboy elturtleboy is offline
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California/LA
Posts: 3,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
Grindcore sucks anyways.
> likes boring long stuff
__________________
8/5-Sea Of Shit/Stpled Shut?
8/9-Stan Ridgway/English Beat?
8/14-7 Seconds/JFA?
9/12-Samhain/Goatwhore
10/31-King Diamond
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-10-2012, 05:09 PM
BloodoftheKings's Avatar
BloodoftheKings BloodoftheKings is offline
Rats off to ya
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Strong Island
Posts: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
> likes boring long stuff
__________________
8/3 - Boris/Subrosa
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-10-2012, 05:14 PM
slapguitarer's Avatar
slapguitarer slapguitarer is offline
Buahahahahaha
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
> likes boring long stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
.
__________________
8/10 Badr Vogu/Forn
8/21 Boris
8/22 Usnea/Lycus
8/30 Whirr
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Sepultura69's Avatar
Sepultura69 Sepultura69 is offline
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Planet Caravan
Posts: 3,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
Grindcore sucks anyways.
Hows it going Indestructible?
__________________
7/18 - Morbid Angel
8/2 - Morbid Saint
8/31 - Sleep
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-10-2012, 05:36 PM
slapguitarer's Avatar
slapguitarer slapguitarer is offline
Buahahahahaha
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard in Black 666 View Post
Hows it going Indestructible?
Going well. People were talking 'bout how this list isn't good, so I thought I'd just point out the genre isn't.
__________________
8/10 Badr Vogu/Forn
8/21 Boris
8/22 Usnea/Lycus
8/30 Whirr
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-10-2012, 06:03 PM
elturtleboy's Avatar
elturtleboy elturtleboy is offline
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California/LA
Posts: 3,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
Going well. People were talking 'bout how this list isn't good, so I thought I'd just point out the genre isn't.
> likes symphony x and protest the hero
>prog is lame
__________________
8/5-Sea Of Shit/Stpled Shut?
8/9-Stan Ridgway/English Beat?
8/14-7 Seconds/JFA?
9/12-Samhain/Goatwhore
10/31-King Diamond
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-10-2012, 07:23 PM
slapguitarer's Avatar
slapguitarer slapguitarer is offline
Buahahahahaha
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
> likes symphony x and protest the hero
>prog is lame
I'm just pullin' legs over here.
__________________
8/10 Badr Vogu/Forn
8/21 Boris
8/22 Usnea/Lycus
8/30 Whirr
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-10-2012, 07:36 PM
elturtleboy's Avatar
elturtleboy elturtleboy is offline
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California/LA
Posts: 3,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
I'm just pullin' legs over here.
__________________
8/5-Sea Of Shit/Stpled Shut?
8/9-Stan Ridgway/English Beat?
8/14-7 Seconds/JFA?
9/12-Samhain/Goatwhore
10/31-King Diamond
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-10-2012, 08:51 PM
treghet's Avatar
treghet treghet is offline
Altars of Radness
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
No they don't, but thanks for trying, pal
If I've listened to the albums I'm qualified in this matter, regardless of whether I held them in high regard or not.
You don't like three of the most appreciated bands in the entire genre. Don't you think that says something? That's like saying you love death metal but Death is boring. But aside from omitting three of the best bands, your list still comes off as entry level at best. I will say that you've put a number of great albums on there, and a few of them are actually some of my favorites, but your taste is limited almost exclusively to modern sounding releases. You need to expand your horizons. There are so many other great bands out there, you just have to take some more time to get into them.

Here are a few lists to start searching through. I've found that RYM is great for discovering lesser known gems.

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/useful...hit_grindcore_
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Zann_Music/grindcore
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Grindd..._it_should_be_
__________________
10.20 Raven
10.24 Satan
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Sepultura69's Avatar
Sepultura69 Sepultura69 is offline
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Planet Caravan
Posts: 3,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
You don't like three of the most appreciated bands in the entire genre. Don't you think that says something? That's like saying you love death metal but Death is boring. But aside from omitting three of the best bands, your list still comes off as entry level at best. I will say that you've put a number of great albums on there, and a few of them are actually some of my favorites, but your taste is limited almost exclusively to modern sounding releases. You need to expand your horizons. There are so many other great bands out there, you just have to take some more time to get into them.

Here are a few lists to start searching through. I've found that RYM is great for discovering lesser known gems.

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/useful...hit_grindcore_
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Zann_Music/grindcore
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Grindd..._it_should_be_
This man speaks the truth.
__________________
7/18 - Morbid Angel
8/2 - Morbid Saint
8/31 - Sleep
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:30 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008