Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 02-08-2012, 08:09 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

sorry what i meant is (specific group of people) are dicks and that is why we must all hate them
Old 02-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Banned Asshole

Mainstream society doesn't look down on metal. A small group of people look down on metal. And to write a paper on why that small group of people is 'picking' on your musical tastes, is quite a whiny thing to do.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magson13 View Post
Mainstream society doesn't look down on metal. A small group of people look down on metal. And to write a paper on why that small group of people is 'picking' on your musical tastes, is quite a whiny thing to do.
Who would that small group of people be? Please explain.

I decided to write a paper on it because I know there are many valid points about it and the other people here made valid points also.

Mainly everyone I know and even random people I've asked gave me valid reasons on why people constantly look down on it or blame it for random problems.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:34 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Also don't forget the big uproar back in the day w/ Ozzy's "Suicide Solution", Priest having to go to court & the whole PMRC thing back in the 80s.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Who would that small group of people be? Please explain.

I decided to write a paper on it because I know there are many valid points about it and the other people here made valid points also.

Mainly everyone I know and even random people I've asked gave me valid reasons on why people constantly look down on it or blame it for random problems.
Mostly far-right conservatives. The majority of people don't care for the music, but do not "look down" on metal. Just by disliking something, doesn't mean they think it's scum and needs to be erased from the Earth.

Every point I read in this thread is a gross over-generalization with no statistical information to back it up. Try to write a paper like this in college, you'll get a 20. 10 points for the word count, and 10 points for the grammar. Hah
Old 02-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

I'd say the bulk of the population is apathetic/indifferent towards metal in general. Very few actually "look down on it" or put forth the effort to "attack" it.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magson13 View Post
Mostly far-right conservatives. The majority of people don't care for the music, but do not "look down" on metal. Just by disliking something, doesn't mean they think it's scum and needs to be erased from the Earth.

Every point I read in this thread is a gross over-generalization with no statistical information to back it up. Try to write a paper like this in college, you'll get a 20. 10 points for the word count, and 10 points for the grammar. Hah
What about the examples of the Columbine shooting being blamed on Manson since the kids that Manson shirts on, or West Memphis Three being deemed satanic and such for being metal fans, or just how the general population deems metal as satanic.

I have enough info to write a good paper, and plus I get to write about metal. Why not write about something I like then have to write a huge paper on something I could careless about.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
What about the examples of the Columbine shooting being blamed on Manson since the kids that Manson shirts on, or West Memphis Three being deemed satanic and such for being metal fans, or just how the general population deems metal as satanic.

I have enough info to write a good paper, and plus I get to write about metal. Why not write about something I like then have to write a huge paper on something I could careless about.
Again, that is a gross over-generalization. Just because it was reported on by the news that a small group of people were blaming metal, does not mean the whole population believes it.