Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-03-2012, 06:23 AM
N00B

Machine Head -- Philadelphia, PA -- February 2nd, 2012

Venue- Trocadero

Nothing new as far as the setlist goes; this is my first review of a show here on metalsetlists.com so be easy on me...

According to the Trocadero website the show started at 6:30, my friend and I were too busy knocking back a couple at my place to realize we were cutting it pretty close (coming from south jersey, we took the speedline @ the Woodcrest station) but luckily we got there with about 20 minutes to spare. As i made my way to the bar for a drink i had to manuever around some scene kids who were crowded around the suicide silence merch table (members of the band were there chatting) I asked a couple people what they thought of their live show once i got upstairs, it wasnt the warmest of responses I'll leave it at that.

I believe it was the God Forbid guitar player (bald guy, tall) that was at the upstairs bar making small talk with whoever was around, i met him at slayer/megadeth show last summer, pretty personable guy. My friend and I each got a beer and knocked back a shot of Jager before heading downstairs for the mighty Machinehead.

They went on at 9:10 and my god were they flawless. Good crowd, pretty nice pit (even a couple chicks which surprised me) new songs seem to go over just as well as the older ones. As with every show i could complain about what was or wasnt played but overall the setlist seemed to cover alot of ground. Rob was talking about how they shot the video for "Take My Scars" at this very venue about 10 years ago and how it's still his favorite music video the band has done. I was actually excited because i thought he was going to follow those comments by actually playing the song....oh well. I was really surprised at how well "The blood, the sweat" and "bulldozer" went over, and even after hearing Halo so many times live it's still one of my favorites. I Am Hell started off strange, Rob's uses something to alter his vocals where he sounds...i dunno how to describe it....satanic? To me it was overkill, maybe i'm just so used to how it sounds on the album.

Anyway during the encore we grabbed another beer and headed down to the Machinehead merch table as the show concluded. I grabbed a sweet looking sleeveless work shirt for $50.00 before we headed out into the oh so friendly streets of Philly and headed back to the speedline.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:04 AM
Headbanger

Cool 1st review man. Like I mentioned in another post I was never much of a fan of BST or Bulldozer but they both grew on me recently and were better live than I would have thought. Especially Bulldozer.
1/28 - Machine Head
Old 02-03-2012, 07:25 AM
N00B

Thanks man i appreciate it....I never really checked out Supercharger, when it came out i didnt like what i heard initially but hearing Bulldozer live might convince me to go back and give it a listen regardless of that album being their least popular among MH die hards....I always liked "the blood, the sweat" being im an oddball MH fan, the first album i heard by them was the burning red right when it came out. I didnt know there were so many other people who really dug that song, its a great song to play live it really opened up that pit.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:53 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Doc Coyle always seemed like he's be the coolest dude ever.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:23 AM
N00B

Doc! That's his name ha thanks....yeah it might have actually been summer 2010 i dont remember but i was at Slayer/Megadeth in Camden and as im looking at merch i saw Doc and starting talking to him, he was a real nice guy....then i turn and ECW's the Blue Meanie is standing there in full blue face paint lol it was so random, he also is a very nice guy to talk to
Old 02-03-2012, 08:09 PM
I am not a N00B, I am a free man!

Excellent first review, man. Nicely done. You've just gotta watch the format (state should be abbreviated), and I'm pretty sure Machine Head is two words.

12/08 - Opeth / In Flames / Red Fang
Old 02-03-2012, 09:02 PM
N00B

Thanks man, yeah i wrote it from work i know i need to brush up on a couple things, next time I'll get it right
Old 02-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj1214 View Post
Doc! That's his name ha thanks....yeah it might have actually been summer 2010 i dont remember but i was at Slayer/Megadeth in Camden and as im looking at merch i saw Doc and starting talking to him, he was a real nice guy....then i turn and ECW's the Blue Meanie is standing there in full blue face paint lol it was so random, he also is a very nice guy to talk to
Old 02-07-2012, 05:30 PM
N00B

Here are some videos I shot at the show,

Machine Head -

Be Still And Know
http://youtu.be/uOPdayhWVd4

Imperium
http://youtu.be/VTTqS2fg4Po

The Blood, The Sweat, The Tears
http://youtu.be/zVhdf1-J_O8

This Is The End
http://youtu.be/0U3mHv2PUy8

Ten Ton Hammer
http://youtu.be/4X330Jl7OTs

Davidian
http://youtu.be/tT_FCF5WZ1w
Old 02-08-2012, 12:31 PM
5'3 ball of fury

never be surprised to see a girl in a pit, my friend and that's really sweet that you saw the Blue Meanie randomly... hope he went into the pit lol

Tags
machine head