Stinkfist
Sober
Pushit
Schism
Intension
Forty-Six & 2
Lateralus
Ænema

Amazing show. YOB kicked ass and no one booed them the whole show. They actually got a good reaction if anything. I met Mike after the show and he looked so excited that someone actually came up to say hi and to take a picture. If anything he asked for a picture One of the coolest guys I've men, I said see him at MDF and he got super excited and asked for my name. Can't wait till then.

Tool was amazing as well. Hearing some of your favorite songs live is like no other experience. Me and this older guy(late-30s? somewhere around there) were singing every last word to every song together. We were the only ones to catch Maynard missing a line in pushit It also seems like Maynard has strained his voice, because they put it low in the mix. I was disappointed to see Ticks and Leeches removed too, was really, really looking forward to that(but that adds to my suspicion of Maynard straining his voice. This was mostly a complain of my friend though, I didn't care and thought everything was awesome. It was pretty upsetting when few knew the words to Hooker with a Penis and Pushit. Oh well, I had a great time and a great experience seeing one of my favorite bands. Can't wait till they come back.

Last edited by masterguy49; 02-07-2012 at 04:56 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:50 AM
N00B

Nice review! I'm going to the one in Orlando tonight (which means you should change your title to the 6th instead), so this is the set I'll be expecting. I'll be another one complaining about Ticks and Leeches though (I complained in another thread too haha) since I that's my single favorite Tool song, and they never do it. I wish they would at least do Parabola like they were doing when they would play Sober before, as it would make the absence of T&L not as bad. Despite all this, I've been dying to see Tool for years now, so I'm incredibly excited.
3/2 - Dropkick Murphys
3/11 - Meshuggah
3/12 - Tenacious D
Old 02-07-2012, 04:54 AM
Remember - today is the first day of the end of your life

Sounds like an great time! How much did you pay for your ticket?

http://www.last.fm/user/voidflame
Old 02-07-2012, 05:00 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenzombie013 View Post
Nice review! I'm going to the one in Orlando tonight (which means you should change your title to the 6th instead), so this is the set I'll be expecting. I'll be another one complaining about Ticks and Leeches though (I complained in another thread too haha) since I that's my single favorite Tool song, and they never do it. I wish they would at least do Parabola like they were doing when they would play Sober before, as it would make the absence of T&L not as bad. Despite all this, I've been dying to see Tool for years now, so I'm incredibly excited.
Oh shit, didn't even realize that! Yeah if a mod or something reads this, could you change the date to the 6th Yeah, Ticks is in my top 5 favorite and I like sober, but not even close to how much I like Ticks. If they played Parabol/Parabola my life would have been set as well. This was my first time seeing them after waiting for about 6 years. It was well worth the wait, have fun in Orlando!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidFlame View Post
Sounds like an great time! How much did you pay for your ticket?
I think it was around 85$. It was a large price, but not that bad for an arena show. My seats were right off the floor(purposefully like that, thanks Nat, you were right about floor ), but it was worth the price.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:22 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Yeah, Mike is a hella nice guy. When I saw them in August I must've been the only one who came up to him before their set (more than once actually) and he was really glad to have someone talking with him. He signed my Atma CD as well as the poster for the show, and actually wrote out a setlist for me
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 02-07-2012, 05:35 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal_descent View Post
Yeah, Mike is a hella nice guy. When I saw them in August I must've been the only one who came up to him before their set (more than once actually) and he was really glad to have someone talking with him. He signed my Atma CD as well as the poster for the show, and actually wrote out a setlist for me
Yeah me and my friend were probably the first people to say hi the whole tour He's a really nice dude, wish the CDs weren't so expensive or I would have bought one to get signed at the show.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
My seats were right off the floor(purposefully like that, thanks Nat, you were right about floor ), but it was worth the price.
You're welcome, and of course I was right.

Glad you had a blast.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:48 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
You're welcome, and of course I was right.

Glad you had a blast.
Thanks man
Sucks you had to miss this tour, but they'll be back, hopefully soon with a new album

Tags
tool, yob