Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Raven -- Fullerton, CA -- October 23rd, 2014
King Diamond -- Denver, CO -- October 24th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 24th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Evansville, IN -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014

  #181  
Old 02-03-2012, 02:05 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Troo Methulfan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,181
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Ozzy won't even come close to making it to 100 though. He's already in another dimension.
Haha you got a point there.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 02-03-2012, 05:00 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
He's screwed because he lets himself screw. This is the final possibility for a reunion.
But that's his point. He's not letting himself be screwed.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

29/10 Saint Vitus
10/11 Trouble
13/11 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 02-03-2012, 10:20 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Troo Methulfan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,181
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
But that's his point. He's not letting himself be screwed.
Whatevs. They'll continue without him - this was posted on FB:


Black Sabbath


We were saddened to hear yesterday via Facebook that Bill declined publicly to participate in our current Black Sabbath plans...we have no choice but to continue recording without him although our door is always open... We are still in the UK with Tony. Writing and recording the new album and on a roll... See you at Download!!!

- Tony, Ozzy and Geezer
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 02-03-2012, 10:48 AM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,251
God that sucks, it's pretty low of them to just shake it off like that too. I'm assuming Bill wants something close to 25% of the money and if Ozzy and/or Tony are taking that away from him for a bigger cut, that's a crock of shit. Like either of them need any more money...
__________________
10/6 Torche
11/16 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 02-04-2012, 01:01 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Troo Methulfan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,181
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
God that sucks, it's pretty low of them to just shake it off like that too. I'm assuming Bill wants something close to 25% of the money and if Ozzy and/or Tony are taking that away from him for a bigger cut, that's a crock of shit. Like either of them need any more money...
It's like I posted on their FB: they are well in their sixties and have nothing to prove anymore. Is it so hard to act like grown ups then?

__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 02-04-2012, 01:28 AM
WOLVERINEKILLS's Avatar
WOLVERINEKILLS WOLVERINEKILLS is offline
Cowboy From Hell
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
But that's his point. He's not letting himself be screwed.
Not so sure about that. I recall Ward pulling the same stunt trying to hold out for more $ on the 99 reunion tour and the band gave in. If my memory serves me correct, Ward held out for more than his fair share then and I bet that is exactly what he is doing now.

With Vinny Appice in Kill Devil Hill and Mike Bordin in FNM hopefully they can get a suitable replacement. Too bad Vinnie Paul is doing that awful HellYeah gig as he would be a good fit. His drumming on the Black Sabbath covers that Pantera did was damn near perfect.
__________________
1-13 Philip H. Anselmo & The Illegals
www.WOLVERINEKILLS.com
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 02-04-2012, 04:57 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Troo Methulfan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,181
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
Not so sure about that. I recall Ward pulling the same stunt trying to hold out for more $ on the 99 reunion tour and the band gave in. If my memory serves me correct, Ward held out for more than his fair share then and I bet that is exactly what he is doing now.

With Vinny Appice in Kill Devil Hill and Mike Bordin in FNM hopefully they can get a suitable replacement. Too bad Vinnie Paul is doing that awful HellYeah gig as he would be a good fit. His drumming on the Black Sabbath covers that Pantera did was damn near perfect.
There are indeed a few good replacements, but as Napoléon once said "l'histoire se répète"... Besides, the last time Bill played on a studio album was Tony's first solo album, "Iommi", in 2000. On one track.

Sad.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 02-04-2012, 06:17 AM
WOLVERINEKILLS's Avatar
WOLVERINEKILLS WOLVERINEKILLS is offline
Cowboy From Hell
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
There are indeed a few good replacements, but as Napoléon once said "l'histoire se répète"... Besides, the last time Bill played on a studio album was Tony's first solo album, "Iommi", in 2000. On one track.

Sad.
This is very true. Other drummers I think would be good replacements besides Vinnie Paul would be Jason Bonham, Chuck Biscuits (Ex-Danzig), or Mike Portnoy...
__________________
1-13 Philip H. Anselmo & The Illegals
www.WOLVERINEKILLS.com
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 02-04-2012, 06:37 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Troo Methulfan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,181
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
This is very true. Other drummers I think would be good replacements besides Vinnie Paul would be Jason Bonham, Chuck Biscuits (Ex-Danzig), or Mike Portnoy...
Jason Bonham will be in the studio with Black Country Communion in june.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 02-04-2012, 07:50 AM
AnthG AnthG is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
This is very true. Other drummers I think would be good replacements besides Vinnie Paul would be Jason Bonham, Chuck Biscuits (Ex-Danzig), or Mike Portnoy...
Not gonna lie, I thought I saw John Bonham the first time I read this.
__________________
11/01 - Kataklysm
11/30 - Slipknot/Korn
12/27 - Protest the Hero
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:13 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008