Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-01-2012, 05:56 PM
N00B

Scale the Summit -- Hollywood, CA -- January 31st, 2012

Ok so the show was awesome. Scale the Summit was top notch, as well as an awesome local unsigned band, Sea of Skies, but I will get to that later. First things first I will give a review...

So I got to the venue at around 8:30, and the second band was already playing. They were called the Siberian and were metal with some progressive/djent elements. They were pretty good, I would give them a 7/10.

Next up came another local band, Asleep in Reality, and they again were a more metal band with screaming vocals. They had a good response and were all very capable on their instruments, but still lacking something. I will give them a 6.5/10.

Next up was the surprise of the night for me, Sea of Skies. The band is very progressive and even though they have 3 guitarist, they use them very well and create a wall of sound. They all played solos and one of them is the lead singer. Very awesome to watch. They played instrumental songs as well as songs with vocals and it all worked very well. I have the setlist because I talked to the band as well as bought their debut EP, Distance. I give them a 9/10 and highly recommend you check them out. They will be doing great things!

Sea of Skies

Evolve
Dance of the Spirits
Oceanic Affinity
Marissa's Song
Terra Firma

Lastly Scale the Summit. I have seen them many times and every time they deliver the goods. This show was no different. The whole band was topnotch and everything sounded great. The band played songs from all 3 records and even played a new song called "Redwoods". It was great to see them on a headline tour and seeing them play a full 80 minutes as opposed to the usual 25 minute set. But ya, I will give them a 9.5/10 and look very much forward to seeing them again. They never fail!

Scale the Summit

Colossal
Bloom
Dunes
Gallows
Redwoods
Rode in on Horseback
Black Hills
Crossing the Ocean
Levitated
Sargasso Sea
Penguins in Flight
Whales
The Great Plains
Secret Earth
Origin of Species

Encore:

Giants

So yes a great show indeed. Highly recommend to check out the show around you, as well as check out Sea of Skies, a band that will for sure be doing great things very soon.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:45 PM
N00B

Great show. Sea of Skies is super young and have a lot of potential.

Scale The Summit were great as usual. Crowd was pretty small but I guess STS booked the tour themselves so I guess it wasn't bad. Crossing The Ocean, Giants, The Great Plains, Dunes, Black Hills, Secret Earth, were some highlights for me. Here are a couple pics, unfortunately I could have had some great video but the venue doesn't allow it and stopped me.

10/3 Anathema/ Alcest
10/4 Mark Lanegan
11/1 Dax Riggs
11/8 LOG/KSE
12/12 High on Fire
2/22 DT/OG
Old 02-03-2012, 06:03 PM
D.B.B.

Aniruddh's last show in America

Tags
scale the summit, sea of skies