Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 01-30-2012, 12:28 AM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
YOB might be too slow or doomy for your taste, and they might not exactly work in an arena setting, but they certainly are not terrible. They put out one of the best metal records of 2011, have been praised for their work by tons of fans and critics, and are great songwriters. Listen to them again, this time with headphones on and let them set a mood. great band.
You don't have to convince me about what I can like and what not.

I just don't like them. Period.

Also called "an opinion".
Old 01-30-2012, 06:52 AM
N00B

Alright enough Yobbing how was the show?
Old 01-30-2012, 09:25 AM
"Without music, life would be a mistake" - Nietzsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripKore View Post
LOL what? I'm pretty sure when i was sitting down when they started, Sounded like they were jamming out in a garage with some random music riffs and shit. I didn't hear any melody on half the songs. It was just boring. Sounded like they just started a band, and started playing random shit to me at least. I don't know I filmed it, I'll post some shit later, But honestly? Best metal record of 2011? I see it being far from that.

I'm sure I'll be shitted on my opinion, But what i heard, and everyone else around me who was booing, agreed. It was just terrible.
People were booing YOB? Really? I can never get myself to boo any opening band unless it is REALLY terrible. Even then I usually won't be able to get myself to do it. I guess being a musician, I know what it can feel like to be an opening band so I tend to give bands respect as often as I can, whether I like it or not. I know everyone has opinions, but I really don't think YOB deserved to be booed, although I can understand that their music doesn't really fit the Tool demographic all that well
Old 01-30-2012, 09:33 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

I can actually understand this.

The first time I saw Tool on their 10,000 Days tour, the venue was a medium-sized college basketball arena (seats about 12,000 - 15,000), and Isis was the opener. I thought they sounded like shit, frankly. Of course, I later found out just how wrong that initial impression was, but the point is that the venue was too big for Isis and the sound mix was adjusted for Tool, not them. Yob - like Isis - is a band with some rather subtle atmospherics and other nuances which can be very easily lost in a venue that size.

Plus, there's the obvious idea that some folks who like Tool just don't like the type of music Yob makes. Oh well.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 01-30-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Give Me A Dollar or Give Me Fifty Cents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripKore View Post
and everyone else around me who was booing, agreed. It was just terrible.
I've been to hundreds of shows in my 30 years of concert going and because of that I've seen many shitty opening bands. I've seen Limp Bizkit, Buckcherry, hell, I was even once front row at OzzFest and had to suffer through P.O.D. and Crazy Town for christsakes!! I can't even count the number of shit bands I've had to sit through at all the OzzFests I've attended over the years and I have not once felt the need to boo any of them. It's such a childish thing to do. If you don't like an opening band just don't clap, don't cheer, or go have a beer or look at the shirts or try and pick up a girl (or guy) or something. Anything is more productive than booing.
Life Of Agony - 9/13
Lily Allen - 9/19
Old 01-30-2012, 11:33 AM
not the mama

I was sitting in section 106 right beside the stage and I thought the sound was very good for both Yob and Tool. I didn't see anyone disapprove of Yob either, barely any one was there when they played but there was a fanbase for them that cheered for them.

Only dickhead thing I heard the whole night was a conversation between two long time fans who were in their 40s:

"did you see the opener?"
"no, I heard they never have any good ones"
"yeah fuck the openers, you get to see tool"
Old 01-30-2012, 11:38 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
I was sitting in section 106 right beside the stage and I thought the sound was very good for both Yob and Tool. I didn't see anyone disapprove of Yob either, barely any one was there when they played but there was a fanbase for them that cheered for them.

Only dickhead thing I heard the whole night was a conversation between two long time fans who were in their 40s:

"yeah fuck the openers, you get to see tool"
So how was the show? This is my first Tool show so I'm dying of anticipation.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:49 AM
not the mama

Fucking incredible for me. I only saw them once in 2009 during an outdoor festival and I had the worst time dealing with the crowd, the shitty sound, the setlist was as generic as it could get, and just the overall location of the fest was really uncomfortable to be in. This time I had very good seats right next to the stage and I didn't have to deal with no GA crowd. The sound was very good for an amphitheater, I didn't have a problem with it at all. I was able to enjoy every single song on the set including the hits that I've grown tired of, every member just seemed really into it and I rocked out to my favorite band. The visuals were amazing, especially Forty Six & Two which has to have some of the coolest effects ever on stage. Not to mention I saw my 2 favorite songs by my favorite band back to back (Ticks & Leeches, and Pushit). So overall I really had no gripes about anything, and since I am basically counting this as my first proper Tool concert I can say that this is the perfect tour for your first Tool show.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:56 AM
N00B

Quote:
Fucking incredible for me. I only saw them once in 2009 during an outdoor festival and I had the worst time dealing with the crowd, the shitty sound, the setlist was as generic as it could get, and just the overall location of the fest was really uncomfortable to be in. This time I had very good seats right next to the stage and I didn't have to deal with no GA crowd. The sound was very good for an amphitheater, I didn't have a problem with it at all. I was able to enjoy every single song on the set including the hits that I've grown tired of, every member just seemed really into it and I rocked out to my favorite band. The visuals were amazing, especially Forty Six & Two which has to have some of the coolest effects ever on stage. Not to mention I saw my 2 favorite songs by my favorite band back to back (Ticks & Leeches, and Pushit). So overall I really had no gripes about anything, and since I am basically counting this as my first proper Tool concert I can say that this is the perfect tour for your first Tool show.
Sweet, Tool is my favorite band as well and Ticks & Leeches and Pushit are 2 of my favorites as well. I'm so incredibly stoked for this. I feel like I'm going to cry during the show

Also how was Ben?
Old 01-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Yeah...Meshuggah, Isis and IntrOnaut are just a bunch of hacks.

Fucking morons.

Tags
tool