KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 01-27-2012, 06:14 AM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Man, Anthrax stopped Indians and re-did the Wardance part! There were super annoying, so-drunk-they-cant-stand-anymore old guys in the pit, too. Like, it was better than the crowd at the Motorhead shows that 98.9 sponsored, but eh.
They do that at every show.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:59 AM
triturabis primatum

Both bands playing the exact same setlists? Wow. I was thinking about going to see the tour again, but you would think they would mix it up a little...
Old 01-27-2012, 08:12 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalN00dle View Post
Both bands playing the exact same setlists? Wow. I was thinking about going to see the tour again, but you would think they would mix it up a little...
Anthrax? Mix it up?

hahahahahaha never.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Metal-Setlistcore

You mean bands play the same setlist on part two of a tour?

No way
Old 01-27-2012, 10:16 AM
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

Yeah, Chuck Billy is a great frontman. He really loves what he's doing. Up there playing air guitar and having fun. I love how Testament just plows through their sets. Cool that all those guys filled in for Anthrax. They could have said "fuck it" and cancelled. Good on them. Too bad the crowd was lame. At our show back in November they were really into it.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Metal-Setlistcore

The crowd wasn't lame. I don't know how singing pretty much every word to every song and fair sized mosh pits is considered lame. You can't really get more crowd participation than that.

Except for the old drunk guy in the windbreaker and the big bald guy (he would just go out of his way to go and push people that weren't moshing, like people that were up against the rail) that were in the moshpit. Fuck those guys.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:15 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomynous View Post
The crowd wasn't lame. I don't know how singing pretty much every word to every song and fair sized mosh pits is considered lame. You can't really get more crowd participation than that.
OHHHHH Yes you can. Trust me.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 01-27-2012, 01:09 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Well I figured I'd put in my 2 cents on the evening. I did get confirmation that Manky does actually exist & not a figment of our imaginations. This was my first time getting to see Death Angel. They definitely didn't disapoint. I need to see them do a headline set, I wasn't familiar w/ that many songs but I still enjoyed them all. I did however want to elbow the guy behind me who yelled I'm bored while DA singer talked in-between songs. Thanks to my mad crazy white guy jumping skills I got the DA setlist wrapped up in a much needed bottle of water.

Almost a year & a half is too long to have to wait and see Testament. In a sense they flat out killed it as they usually do. Singer from Death Angel was crowd surfing during The Preacher. Chuck Billy might be one of my favorite frontmen. I was loving Chuck Billys mic stand lit up on the end as well. I cannot wait for the new album and tour that would follow. Got pic from Eric Peterson as well.

And now for Anthrax. Had no idea about Scott not being there. It was odd. I saw their tech even tuning up what I know was one of Scott's guitars. Boy was the crowd quiet when Scott didn't come out. Was looking forward to Earth Is On Hell and with a dead crowd & crappy sound it was disappointing but the sound did improve. It was very cool DA & Testament decided to help out Anthrax. Best part of the evening was Chuck Billy yelling War Dance during Indians. I was worried w/ no Scott it would effect set. It did a little. They didnt do another song after Medusa like they had been (although they were just playing as 4 piece by then) & no partial I'm The Man & Refuse/Resist. Last one might be small difference but still I'd always like more instead of less. No use bitching about the set as that's been done to death on here. Still a good set. Was a little odd hearing them as a 4 piece.

Overall good show. Crowd was still tolerable as far as KC crowds go, which is still majority dumbasses but better than usual. 2012 concert season is officially started.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:42 PM
D.B.B.

Anyone know the reason why Scott was absent?
Old 01-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Metal-Setlistcore

Virus

Also I forgot about that, how bad the sound was at the beginning of Earth on Hell. They spent 40 minutes doing soundcheck, that was inexcusable. Luckily it was fixed right before the first "starter of anything".

Last edited by anomynous; 01-27-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Tags
anthrax, death angel, testament