Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 01-24-2012, 09:33 PM
PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?

Tool -- Toledo, OH -- January 24th, 2012

Venue: Huntington Center
Source: Me

This was my first time seeing Tool. Unfortunately it has taken me this long to see them, but that is all in the past now. This was one of my top five concert experiences of all time!

Some local Detroit band opened. Didn't sit and watch. Intronaut went on shortly after and murdered it! My third time seeing them. I love these guys and was glad they opened this tour. This is also their last show before Yob comes on the tour. The show got started late so they did not play Primordial Soup as they have on the other shows.

Intronaut:

The Literal Black Cloud
Above
Elegy
Core Relations
Miasma

The build up for Tool was almost too much for me. I knew I was in for a great show, but I was not prepared for how immersed I would be in their visuals. Absolutely stunning! Maynard basically hung out in the back of the stage in the dark, next to Danny the whole set. He did say a few things during the show, which was surprising since I know he normally doesn't talk much.

Tool:

Hooker With a Penis
Jambi
Stinkfist
Ticks & Leeches
Pushit
Schism
Intension
Forty-Six & 2
Lateralus
Ænema

I know they have been playing The Pot at other shows, but it got cut probably because of the late start. Despite the song cuts for Intronaut and Tool, this show was unbelievable. I had such a good time. During Lateralus, Danny from Intronaut came out and joined Danny Carey for a drum solo during the jam session. Mind blowing!

For those interested, shirts were $40, they had a hoodie for $75 which was cool, but not $75 cool. They also had posters for $30 and baseball caps. I got a shirt for myself and my girlfriend. Good quality and cool designs. Maybe about 7 to choose from.

Last edited by petrovar; 01-24-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:55 AM
N00B

Intronaut are a fucking powerhouse live, pretty nice guys in person too. Tool is also a trip... both on the same bill is quite amazing.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:08 AM
Fragments of a sunbeam glaring on a kitchen knife

Really surprised there keeping Ticks in the set, I remember reading that Maynard had no intentions of ever doing it live, do to the strains on his vocal cords. Not like I'm complaining though
Old 01-25-2012, 11:56 AM
Your friends from Langley are back again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrovar View Post

For those interested, shirts were $40, they had a hoodie for $75 which was cool, but not $75 cool. They also had posters for $30 and baseball caps. I got a shirt for myself and my girlfriend. Good quality and cool designs. Maybe about 7 to choose from.
I love Tool and got to see them one time. I'm glad I didn't get tickets for this Sunday though. My friend ended up getting them for $91 a pop, and $40 for T-shirts is a little outrageous, just because a band is popular enough to play a large venue.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:17 PM
PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetHarry View Post
I love Tool and got to see them one time. I'm glad I didn't get tickets for this Sunday though. My friend ended up getting them for $91 a pop, and $40 for T-shirts is a little outrageous, just because a band is popular enough to play a large venue.
I paid $73, but I know what you mean. I had the extra $ and really liked a couple of the shirts so I said fuck it.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:38 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Both sets are fucking awesome. This would have been a mindblowingly sweet show to see if I hadn't been traveling this week. Thanks for posting, even though I am pretty much ready to cry right now.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:52 AM
N00B

$40 for a shirt and $75 for a hoodie is outrageous but also expected...but $30 for a fucking poster? I remember a buddy of mine paid $12 for a poster at Iron Maiden on the Matter of life and death tour, and I thought THAT was ridiculous.
12/27 - Protest the Hero
Old 01-26-2012, 12:21 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
$40 for a shirt and $75 for a hoodie is outrageous but also expected...but $30 for a fucking poster? I remember a buddy of mine paid $12 for a poster at Iron Maiden on the Matter of life and death tour, and I thought THAT was ridiculous.
In Toronto it was worse (as expected). Not one t-shirt was under $45 and the hoodie was $80. The poster was $30 I think. I believe it now when you hear stories of Maynard telling the crowd things like "Thanks for your $90"; He probably takes us all for Tools (pun intended).
The t-shirts weren't even that nice either at the price they were selling them. Most just had the small Tool logo with no extra design whatsoever. The poster was cool but way too expensive. One t-shirt simply had the rectangular poster design printed right on it. Talk about cheap, lazy t-shirt making. And for some reason they had another poster for some outdoor event that Torontonians wouldn't care about, and not only that, the event took place on January 21st.
Some major Tool fan who "understands" the band can care to explain all this to me but I'm not going to be a tool and pay that much for crappy merchandise.

Oh yeah, and the concert was good.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Those prices are insane. I mean really , who pays $30.00 for a poster!
Old 01-27-2012, 07:38 AM
N00B

I read a good post on Fourtheye where somebody said that the reason t-shirt prices are so obscenely high is because of the giant LED screens and lights. It makes sense, but $40 is still crazy high for a shirt.

Tags
intronaut, tool