King Diamond -- Denver, CO -- October 24th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 24th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Evansville, IN -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014

Old 01-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Not to be a downer but wasn't FFDP all but assured to be on here? The bigger question is would people hate more if FFDP as mystery band or A7X @ Ozzfest?
I have 2 really good sources. One is radio DJ. In an interview with 5FDP the band member stated to the DJ after the interview was over that they would be back this summer on Mayhem alongside Korn and Slipknot. This DJ has never led me astray or been wrong with any info forwarded to me. Things must have changed OR the guy from 5FDP was BSing.

I am going to assume that things were changed. The Mayhem organizers attempt to listen to the fans, that is obvious with Warped tour. They brought us more metal acts this year. Specifically, they likely changed 5FDP from the tour to Uproar.

I believe that Uproar will likely have 5FDP but probably either Godsmack or Staind as headliner. To be honest, there are few bands who can sell 90,000 copies of an album in one week like 5FDP recently did. Like it or not, they are coheadliner material right now. And they fit Uproar alot better than they do Mayhem Festival. Godsmack, Disturbed, 5FDP, B4MV are better suited for a hard rock festival than a metal festival imo.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:40 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by detuned View Post
yeah they went back to clubs for that and atleast in Philadelphia had to add a second show(both of which sold out)

they did arenas with KSE, Devildriver, and Soilwork in the fall/winter of 2007
Old 01-25-2012, 02:42 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
I have 2 really good sources. One is radio DJ. In an interview with 5FDP the band member stated to the DJ after the interview was over that they would be back this summer on Mayhem alongside Korn and Slipknot. This DJ has never led me astray or been wrong with any info forwarded to me. Things must have changed OR the guy from 5FDP was BSing.

I am going to assume that things were changed. The Mayhem organizers attempt to listen to the fans, that is obvious with Warped tour. They brought us more metal acts this year. Specifically, they likely changed 5FDP from the tour to Uproar.

I believe that Uproar will likely have 5FDP but probably either Godsmack or Staind as headliner. To be honest, there are few bands who can sell 90,000 copies of an album in one week like 5FDP recently did. Like it or not, they are coheadliner material right now. And they fit Uproar alot better than they do Mayhem Festival. Godsmack, Disturbed, 5FDP, B4MV are better suited for a hard rock festival than a metal festival imo.

well Godsmack and Staind just announced a spring tour that's skipping some major markets

I'm thinking KoRn/Staind/Five Finger Death Punch for Uproar if that is the case
Old 01-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
yeah they went back to clubs for that and atleast in Philadelphia had to add a second show(both of which sold out)

In some regions bands play clubs while in others they are a bigger draw and play small arenas.

LoG is the premiere metal band for the younger kids. It is their generations Metallica, Pantera, Slayer, etc...
Old 01-25-2012, 02:44 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
well Godsmack and Staind just announced a spring tour that's skipping some major markets

I'm thinking KoRn/Staind/Five Finger Death Punch for Uproar if that is the case
Its very possible. Godsmack or Staind is likely on that festival imo. Maybe HellYeah, Lacuna Coil
Old 01-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Buahahahahaha

Anthrax and High On Fire are the only bands that have me interested. Too many scene bands, and I don't care for any of the main stage bands.

If I go, I'll be getting lawn for sure.
12/07 Pallbearer
12/19 Lil B 'The Based God'
Old 01-25-2012, 03:00 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
Its very possible. Godsmack or Staind is likely on that festival imo. Maybe HellYeah, Lacuna Coil
Ill just laugh if it's KoRn and Staind, Jonathan Davis recently made a comment about how he doesn't want to keep touring with Limp Bizkit and Staind the rest of his career
Old 01-25-2012, 03:12 PM
N00B

Quote:

And the Canadian dates on the No Fear tour in 09 were in arenas as well.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Ill just laugh if it's KoRn and Staind, Jonathan Davis recently made a comment about how he doesn't want to keep touring with Limp Bizkit and Staind the rest of his career
Korn is in a difficult spot. Their dub step album sold decently but they cannot play too much material off of it to at the normal shows they play. Its quiet possible they will headline their own smaller tour so that their fans know what to expect. They break out the ole Skrillex on Uproar and those rowdy rednecks will chucking water and coke from the top row of seats at JD and company.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:57 PM
N00B

Uproar isn't as much redneck as a mix of fratboys and mall kids