ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 12th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 01-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by street_burial View Post
This weekend was one of the best weekend’s I have had in a long time. Saturday night was filled with trips to wal-mart, target, and subway. It was also filled with air-soft battles by a freezing river in the dead of night in the middle of the woods. We left here at 11 a.m. to make the 3 hour trek to Richmond. About ¾ of the way there I made the realization that I had left my Randy Blythe For President sign at home but luckily I still had my “Now You’ve Got Something To Die For” flag with me. When we arrived in Richmond I had to make a trip over to Vinyl Conflict which is the same record store that was shown in Municipal Waste’s video for “Wolves Of Chernobyl” there I purchased two patches a Withered and a Brujeria. I could have spent all day there though. When we got close to The National there was already a line. But luckily we had found out about the early-in “program” at Gibson’s Grill which is right beside the venue. Pretty much you spend $10 on food/drinks and then they take you into the venue via a connecting staircase and you get in like 25 minutes before doors open. When we got into the venue we met up with a couple guys we talked to in the parking lot that had gotten rail and let us squeeze in so we had rail the whole show.

The first band to go on was Before The Machine. They had a generic metalcore sound. The vocalist is a much better screamer than clean vocalist. I doubt I’ll look more into them.

The second band was Hex Machine. WORST. FUCKING. BAND . I HAVE EVER SEEN/HEARD. They were nothing but pure noise. They were so bad that all of the crowd turned around and gave them the middle finger while screaming for Lamb Of God. Heckling was to the fullest. The vocalist/lead guitarist also intentionally spit on my friend during their set and after the set he flipped us all of and said “Fuck You”. This band did not deserve in the slightest to share a stage with LoG or any band ever. Fuck this band. I really hope after the reaction they received last night they call it quits so no one ever has to be subjected to that shit again. Hopefully they see this and realize that they fucking suck.

Next up was Kepone. These guys were great. They had reunited after 6 years for the Gwar-B-Q last year. Most of the reaction was “Thank you for not sucking”. Unfortunately, because of Hex Machine, Kepone did not get the response they deserved. Hope to see them again.

Now then. The almighty Lamb Of God. They went on over an hour late, not sure why though. But dammit they slayed everyone in the venue for this sold out hometown show. I have never been crushed against a rail as bad as I was last night. The energy and stage presence that Lamb Of God is unparalleled by any other band that has been around as long as they have.

Merch-wise. They had 2 men’s shirts that had the dates on the back for $20 each, 2 hoodies for $40 each, 1 women’s shirt for $20, all the albums, including the new one, for $10 each. I think that was it.

It was a great time. It’s going to be hard this year to beat last night.
Thanks for the info. Glad to know the merch is only 20 bucks, I was expecting to pay more. So fucking stoked for Wednesday.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 01-23-2012, 12:45 PM
N00B

Haha, poor Hex Machine. Maybe Lamb of God hit the stage late because Richmond dissed them? Do headliners even care about the opening bands? I know the Chili Peppers defended Mars Volta after Omaha booed them off stage. Sometimes headliners say to applaud the opening bands and sometimes the opening bands aren't even acknowledged by the headliner.

The worst I've seen an opening band treated was in Buffalo when Anchored opened for Black Label Society (they were the first opening band of 3) and even then it wasn't that bad. The singer said something like "This next song is called 'You'" and almost immediately someone in the crowd yelled out "Suck!". Then towards the end of their set someone chanted "Free Bird" and the band took it all in good fun and said "No, we're not going to play that one"
Old 01-23-2012, 03:49 PM
N00B

I honestly don't think i've been to a show where any of the support acts received incredibly harsh reactions. Hell, even when I saw Necro on SOTU '07 in Toronto, he got a good response, even though on the other dates he was getting booed and had to drop off the tour halfway through because of the negative reaction.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil709 View Post
Haha, poor Hex Machine. Maybe Lamb of God hit the stage late because Richmond dissed them? Do headliners even care about the opening bands? I know the Chili Peppers defended Mars Volta after Omaha booed them off stage. Sometimes headliners say to applaud the opening bands and sometimes the opening bands aren't even acknowledged by the headliner.

The worst I've seen an opening band treated was in Buffalo when Anchored opened for Black Label Society (they were the first opening band of 3) and even then it wasn't that bad. The singer said something like "This next song is called 'You'" and almost immediately someone in the crowd yelled out "Suck!". Then towards the end of their set someone chanted "Free Bird" and the band took it all in good fun and said "No, we're not going to play that one"
I mean, Hex Machine are a Richmond band from what I know (not that it makes them good), so I'm sure LOG had something to do with picking them since The National isn't a venue to just book locals. Now whether it angered them enough to come on late, I don't know.

10:20 is late, but I saw Municipal Waste a couple months ago and they didn't hit the stage until 11:10 and finished at like 12:15 Maybe a Richmond thing
Old 01-23-2012, 06:51 PM
N00B

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/lamb-o...-13d14d11.html
Old 01-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Bitch, shut up and blast beat my meat like a Pete Sandoval with titties.

it was posted 3 different times already

1/19- Despise You
1/21- Castle
2/14- Hatebreed
3/16- AILD
Old 01-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Old School Thrasher

i wish LOG would bury Black Label as the closer.

so badly want them to include Remorse is for the Dead, Letter to the Unborn or even In the Absence of the Sacred
Old 01-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Metalhead.

Sweet as, selection of new songs not that bad.

Should hopefully get a similar setlist once they're down in Australia next month.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:06 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Cool reviews, guys. Hope they do a complete tour soon and it hits somewhere around my neck of the woods.

Funny about that Hex Machine band. I can't stand when openers are just plain awful. Had 2 bands like that open for Biohazard last week in Albany. I needed to be hammered just so I wouldn't hang myself.

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 01-24-2012, 02:35 AM
MetalSetLists's Smartest Man

When I saw the tour with As I Lay Dying, Bodom, God Forbid, and Municipal Waste back in 2009, Municipal Waste was booed HORRIBLY in Philadelphia, even when Randy tried to give them credit when Lamb of God was on the crowd booed at him.

Tags
lamb of god