Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 01-23-2012, 08:06 AM
I know the songs you're singing saying nothing loud and clear I've heard that song a thousand times

Machine Head -- Chicago, IL -- January 22nd, 2012

Wow! What a great concert to start the year. Machine head and Darkest Hour really killed it live. I think this the best performance that I have seen from Darkest Hour so far. Also, I think that Suicide Silence was entertaining to see live but their music got old real fast. Nevertheless, Machine Head stole the show of course and they performed with the best of their abilities. They had a bunch of lights that were sometimes too bright for me to look at and a screen in the background showcasing different album covers as well as other images & photos that correlated with the songs being played. Anyways, great show to start the year and here's the setlist:

Darkest Hour
The World Engulfed in Flames
No God
Savor the Kill
With a Thousand Words to Say but One
Violent by Nature
Love as a Weapon
Your Everyday Disaster
Doomsayer (The Beginning of the End)

Suicide Silence
Intro (March to the Black Crown)
You Only Live Once
Wake up
Unanswered
OCD
Bludgeoned to Death
Slaves to substance
Lifted
Smoke
Disengage
Fuck everything
No pity for a coward

Machine Head
I Am Hell (Sonata in C#)
Be Still and Know
Imperium
Beautiful Mourning
The Blood, the Sweat, the Tears
Locust
This Is the End
Aesthetics of Hate
Old
Darkness Within
Declaration
Bulldozer
Ten Ton Hammer
Who We Are
--Encore--
Halo
Davidian
7/24 - NIN/Soundgarden
8/28 - Linkin Park

Last edited by DementedX14; 01-23-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:52 AM
False love turned to pure hate

I'm really feeling the Darkest Hour set - their new album's great.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Bitch, shut up and blast beat my meat like a Pete Sandoval with titties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DementedX14 View Post

Darkest Hour
The World Engulfed in Flames
No God
Savor the Kill
With a Thousand Words to Say but One
Violent by Nature
Love as a Weapon
Your Everyday Disaster
Doomsayer (The Beginning of the End)
well that's sort of disappointing

1/19- Despise You
1/21- Castle
2/14- Hatebreed
3/16- AILD
Old 01-23-2012, 09:52 AM
N00B

Good to see that the only 2 SS songs that I enjoy are the first 2 that are played. Maybe that'll make the rest of their set seem bearable.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:35 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

THAT IS NOT THE SUICIDE SILENCE SET, THIS IS:

Intro (March to the Black Crown)
You Only Live Once
Wake up
Unanswered
OCD
Bludgeoned to Death
Slaves to substance
Lifted
Smoke
Disengage
Fuck everything
No pity for a coward

Fucking amazing show; Machine Head blew me away and Suicide Silence were way better than when I saw them last summer. I'll write up a review of my own soon.

Last edited by jd091; 01-23-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

I had a great time. Showed up just in time to miss Suicide Silence, thanks to JD's very helpful text messages. Once inside I met up with ma dawg JD and we chilled until Machine Head came on. He claimed that he didn't want to mosh too much, but as soon as the heavy part in I Am Hell kicked in I looked at him and said "Let's fucking go!", and off we went. I'm not usually a mosher, but Machine Head is one of those bands that inspires me to do such. The new songs were all great live, although I wasn't too thrilled about Darkness Within. I completely lost my shit during This is the End, those riffs are just ripping. This is a show that I have basically been waiting for since I was a freshman in high school (4-5 years), so the high schooler in me was having a blast. The stuff from The Blackening as well as Imperium all had a special effect on me, and the same goes for Old and Davidian. The set was great, but if they would have thrown in Clenching the Fists of Dissent it would have been perfect. No complaints, though, I had a fantastic time.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:35 AM
N00B

this show simply ruled last night! I was gonna write a post review myself but you all beat me to it KILLER show last night. best time i have seen MH yet!
Old 01-23-2012, 01:23 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

My review:

Was playing League of Legends with my friends before the show, and ended just in time for me to catch the train down to the HoB and get there about 60 seconds before Darkest Hour came on. Best timing ever!

First of all, Darkest Hour fucking ruled, as always. There weren't a ton of people in the venue at the time, and there weren't a ton of pits, but there were enough that it was really fun. I like them on record, but don't absolutely love them since they bore me to an extent. However, they kill live. I was into every second of their set. Great band.

Suicide Silence were actually better this time around than when I saw them headline last summer! One of my favorite bands, no fucks given. I fucking loved that set. The only thing I would change would probably be switch out Fuck Everything with Human Violence (my second favorite song on the new album), but I wasn't complaining. They actually played more songs last night than they did headlining last summer! They did cover Engine No. 9 last time which was sweet, but I'd trade it for OCD and fuckin' Bludgeoned to Death any day. Bludgeoned was one of the first deathcore songs I ever heard; it was sweet to finally see it live. As for the crowd, I saw a couple younger scenie kids when I was entering the venue (like 14 and 15, too young to realize everyone moved over to Troo-pop-punk), but they were nowhere to be found on the floor. It was full of a ton of jacked Machine Head fans moshing the whole time. Awesome. Other than one guy who kept yelling "get off the stage", the crowd was totally into them. Machine Head fans aren't exactly what I would call "elitist" fans.

Oh, and Mitch Lucker cut his hair! It's like, my length now! Guys, if that isn't proof that scene is dead, I don't know what is. Of course, the guitarists had that long greasy metalhead hair and beards sporting Down and Suffocation shirts. They looked like a legit metal band on stage. I was so proud!

As said before, Daimonos showed up perfectly right after they left the stage, and we talked a bunch before Machine Head got on. I told him, "I went pretty hard for Suicide Silence... I might just sit back and watch until Imperium", and he was like, "Bullshit, we'll see about that..." and as soon as that first crushing riff of I Am Hell came on, he grabbed me and was like, "WE'RE FUCKING GOING", and I ended up moshing the whole time. Holy shit, I didn't become a Machine Head fan until last year, and the only album I like front to back of theirs is the Blackening, but they were just incredible live. Some of the best mosh pits I've ever been in. Rob is a sick frontman; he loved talking to us between songs and was just overly thankful at the reaction they were getting. He kept drinking these cups of Jack and Coke (I think) and throwing them out into the crowd to catch, and nobody caught one until the very end, after the last song, when this dude in the balcony caught it pefectly and drained the rest of it. It was the perfect ending to an amazing show.

P.S. Yeah... I mentioned this in the general chat, but I fucking hate that "MACHINE FUCKING HEAD, MACHINE FUCKING HEAD" chant. That was the only bad part. Really MH fans, let the entire world know you are ignorant white trash. Cool move. It was worse that everyone kept saying that outside of the venue, and when I stopped at the 7/11 down the street to grab coffee afterwards, there were a bunch of guys just jumping around screaming MACHINE FUCKING HEAD, and other obscenities having to do with "pussies" and "cunts" and I don't even know. I felt so bad for the poor old Indian woman working behind the counter. "Goddammit, I'm working at 10:00 on a Sunday night and my 3 kids at home are hungry and all I want to do is watch some TV, but I have to listen to these fools for another hour."

Anyway, other than that, perfect show! Glad I didn't have to sit through Rise To Remain, and SS got a longer set. Loved all the bands.

P.P.S. If you are the girl with the hot nose piercing and purple shirt with black hair that was right outside of the pit sitting in the chairs on the right side, and you don't want that boyfriend of yours that was hugging you the whole night, pm me plz
Old 01-23-2012, 01:42 PM
False love turned to pure hate

out of curiosity, what sized venues are MH headlining? Like, capacity wise.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:44 PM
I know the songs you're singing saying nothing loud and clear I've heard that song a thousand times

Nice review JD, were you the one wearing a Mastodon Remission Shirt by chance?
7/24 - NIN/Soundgarden
8/28 - Linkin Park

Tags
darkest hour, machine head, suicide silence