Louder than Life Fest
ADTR/BMTH
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Old 01-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickLed19 View Post
How is Slipknot shock rock?
The only thing about them that shocks me is their pretentious faggotry.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Play it loud, don't play it low

What the fuck was nickelback doing anywhere near that show?!?!
Old 01-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Bands like Cannibal Corpse don't have exposure to a big enough audience to really be "shock rock" like Alice Cooper or Marilyn Manson.
That's part of it, but there is a minute portion of mainstream conscience that has heard of Cannibal Corpse or seen one of their album covers.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:41 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Just watched the thrash episode. It kinda sucked. I do think it's funny that everyone said they felt like Metallica betrayed them by making a ballad and Lars goes and says that he felt Slayer betrays everyone by staying the same.
Exhibit A of Ultraboris's claim that Lars does nothing but scheme and cover one's self in a heavy does of bullshit. Slayer betraying everyone? Betraying who? Critics and so called "art buffs"? Fuck those losers.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Exhibit A of Ultraboris's claim that Lars does nothing but scheme and cover one's self in a heavy does of bullshit. Slayer betraying everyone? Betraying who? Critics and so called "art buffs"? Fuck those losers.
Yea I like when they were talking to Kerry about it he was like "Who are we betraying?? He said we backing into a corner. Well you know this is the best corner I've ever been in"
Old 01-23-2012, 12:57 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

If anything they betrayed their fans when they made two back to back nu-metal albums with Diablous in Musica and God Hates Us All.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Ok, I finally saw the power metal episode.

First off, holy shit was it awesome to see Kai Hansen get a respectable amount of interview time. On fucking VH1! Second of all, considering this was a 45 minute special and not a "Get Thrashed" like retrospective, I thought they did a damn good job.

That said, there definitely were flaws. This is more of a complaint of the series as a whole, but Sam has fuckin learned nothing from making the Rush and Maiden documentaries and their successes being a result of staying the fuck off the screen. I don't hate the sight of the guy, but a rule of filmmaking is show, don't tell. I also thought him awkwardly filming waiting for Yngwie and getting blown off by Manowar was very unprofessional.

Speaking of Yngwie and Manowar, Sam was very wrong in presenting his facts. He claims Manowar took power metal back from Yngwie and brought it back to its roots. Except Manowar had two albums before Rising Force and already had a reputation by then so if anything Yngwie took it away from them.

He did the exact same thing with Nightwish and Dragonforce. "Nightwish evolved the sound of power metal further than Dragonforce." Ok yes, Nightwish evolved the sound of metal...in the fucking 1990's!! The first 4 Nightwish albums or so were what European metal fans were finding salvation in while American was jacking off over Limp Bizkit, Slipknot and nu-metal. By the time Through The Fire and Flames came out, Tarja had been shitcanned from Nightwish and even hadn't been, their period of importance and unfluence was pretty much over.

I know this sounds really nerdy, but I don't think assbag groove metal fans would appreciate it if I said Pantera took metal back to a stripped down level after Sepultura's overtribalization(not a real word) of metal with Chaos AD and Roots.

Also, I have to take points off for that marching band version of Final Countdown. That was the gayest fucking thing I have ever seen. The original version was terrible to begin with, but that was Liberace, Richard Simmons and Fred Phelps joining that Penn State guy for an underage boys room shower rape orgy.

Last edited by JRA; 02-02-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Play it loud, don't play it low

I think the power metal episode was one of the best so far and I don't even like power metal.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Power Metal nerds will dig it I'm sure. Ill be ditching the last episode of the season. Hopefully season 2 has Black/Death Metal
10/31-King Diamond