Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Ceremonial Castings -- Seattle, WA -- July 7th, 2014
Flotsam and Jetsam -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 9th, 2014
King Buzzo -- Dover, NH -- July 9, 2014
Slash -- Hampton Beach, NH -- July 9th, 2014
Sebastian Bach -- London, England -- July 9th, 2014

  #51  
Old 01-22-2012, 10:34 AM
elturtleboy's Avatar
elturtleboy elturtleboy is offline
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California/LA
Posts: 3,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
The shock rock episode was pretty disappointing. They should have had segments about GWAR, The Mentors, and GG Allin.
My girlfriend and I were saying the exact same thing the whole episode. No ones more shocking than GG. And I was hoping for Gwar and Mentors bring mentioned.
__________________
7/12-Terrorizer/Wehrmacht??
7/14-Backtrack/Harms Way
7/20-Wolves In The Throne Room?
7/25-Municipal Waste or Exodus??
8/1-Ceremony/Dangers
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-22-2012, 10:42 AM
BloodoftheKings's Avatar
BloodoftheKings BloodoftheKings is offline
Rats off to ya
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Strong Island
Posts: 5,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
My girlfriend and I were saying the exact same thing the whole episode. No ones more shocking than GG. And I was hoping for Gwar and Mentors bring mentioned.
They had Oderus doing commentary and some of the artist and Gwar was on the chart so they kinda got mentioned but GG and the Mentors got completely ignored. The Mentors are definitely noteworthy because they caused probably the single lulziest moment in the history of shock rock. Al Gore reading the lyrics to Golden Showers.
__________________
7/18 - Scale the Summit
8/3 - Boris/Subrosa
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-22-2012, 10:46 AM
slapguitarer's Avatar
slapguitarer slapguitarer is online now
Buahahahahaha
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,167
Yeah, after they covered the 80's with Venom and King Diamond, it went down-hill.
__________________
8/21 Boris
8/22 Usnea/Lycus
8/30 Whirr
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-22-2012, 10:50 AM
BloodoftheKings's Avatar
BloodoftheKings BloodoftheKings is offline
Rats off to ya
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Strong Island
Posts: 5,925
I think they make poor choices for bands to cover in this series. The nu metal episode didn't even cover that many individual bands so instead of covering Limp Bizkit for a whole 30 minutes they should have had Slipknot and SOAD in there and kept Slipknot out of the shock rock episode to make room for all the shit they didn't cover.
__________________
7/18 - Scale the Summit
8/3 - Boris/Subrosa
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-22-2012, 01:04 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,479
Yea I was surprised watching the Shock Rock one and seeing Slipknot in there. I mean other than the masks they aren't really a shock rock band.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-22-2012, 01:41 PM
elturtleboy's Avatar
elturtleboy elturtleboy is offline
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California/LA
Posts: 3,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
Yeah, after they covered the 80's with Venom and King Diamond, it went down-hill.
I guess no first wave of black metal episode
__________________
7/12-Terrorizer/Wehrmacht??
7/14-Backtrack/Harms Way
7/20-Wolves In The Throne Room?
7/25-Municipal Waste or Exodus??
8/1-Ceremony/Dangers
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-22-2012, 01:43 PM
elturtleboy's Avatar
elturtleboy elturtleboy is offline
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California/LA
Posts: 3,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
I think they make poor choices for bands to cover in this series. The nu metal episode didn't even cover that many individual bands so instead of covering Limp Bizkit for a whole 30 minutes they should have had Slipknot and SOAD in there and kept Slipknot out of the shock rock episode to make room for all the shit they didn't cover.
THIS x 8442124578000532126
__________________
7/12-Terrorizer/Wehrmacht??
7/14-Backtrack/Harms Way
7/20-Wolves In The Throne Room?
7/25-Municipal Waste or Exodus??
8/1-Ceremony/Dangers
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-22-2012, 04:36 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
They had Oderus doing commentary and some of the artist and Gwar was on the chart so they kinda got mentioned but GG and the Mentors got completely ignored. The Mentors are definitely noteworthy because they caused probably the single lulziest moment in the history of shock rock. Al Gore reading the lyrics to Golden Showers.
Can you imagine Sam in his cadence saying that the Mentors cause VP caused Al Gore to read "bend up and smell my anal vapor?" My God that would rule.

I heard someone say Cannibal Corpse should have been on this show and while I think death metal for the most part misses the point of shock rock, they are the exception to that rule.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-22-2012, 06:19 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,479
Just watched the thrash episode. It kinda sucked. I do think it's funny that everyone said they felt like Metallica betrayed them by making a ballad and Lars goes and says that he felt Slayer betrays everyone by staying the same.

Also why was there really no talk about Anthrax!
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-22-2012, 06:44 PM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Can you imagine Sam in his cadence saying that the Mentors cause VP caused Al Gore to read "bend up and smell my anal vapor?" My God that would rule.

I heard someone say Cannibal Corpse should have been on this show and while I think death metal for the most part misses the point of shock rock, they are the exception to that rule.
Bands like Cannibal Corpse don't have exposure to a big enough audience to really be "shock rock" like Alice Cooper or Marilyn Manson.
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:46 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008