Queens of the Stone Age -- Philadelphia, PA -- July 20th, 2014
Queensryche -- Waukesha, WI -- July 19th, 2014
Killswitch Engage -- Providence, RI -- July 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 01-18-2012, 11:03 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktooth85 View Post
I seen them last night in Sauget, IL (St. Louis). It was a killer show like always. I just wish they'd drop some of the stuff they've been playing for years now. Ten Ton Hammer could be replaced with Bay of Pigs. Blood, Sweat, Tears gets the crowd going, but I'd like to see it replaced with something from Burn My Eyes. Same with Bulldozer. Throw in Nation on Fire, I'm Your God Now, or Blood For Blood. I agree with the person that said something about dropping OLD and replace it with something else from BME. The first time i seen MH back in '05 most of those were played on that tour. They don't all need to be staples... And yeah, Who We Are kinda put me to sleep last night. Throw in Pearls For Swine.

P.S., Suicide Silence were pure garbage like always. I don't know how they end up on tours with bands i like. First Megadeth, now Machine Head.. A bunch a emocore kids there.
I am pumped as hell for Suicide Silence. You don't know how fortunate it is for us SS fans to see them on a tour like this rather than with Carnifex and Oceano or some shit.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:31 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
I am pumped as hell for Suicide Silence. You don't know how fortunate it is for us SS fans to see them on a tour like this rather than with Carnifex and Oceano or some shit.
I don't know about that. They opened for Carcass a few years ago, and the crowd just wasn't feeling them at. fucking. all. You can bring a pig to prom in a dress, but people are still gonna give you shit for showing up for prom with a fucking pig.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I don't know about that. They opened for Carcass a few years ago, and the crowd just wasn't feeling them at. fucking. all. You can bring a pig to prom in a dress, but people are still gonna give you shit for showing up for prom with a fucking pig.
Well, I'd rather have people not feeling them than just everybody standing around and having some skinny kids windmilling in the center of a huge open pit. I dunno though, I know a bunch of friends back at home who aren't -core fans but like Suicide Silence and like to mosh at their shows.

And from previous live experiences and watching interviews, I know Mitch Lucker isn't a fan of hardcore dancing, and constantly wants people to get in moshes/circle pits. When they covered Engine No. 9 last summer at Peabody's, he made everybody get in a wall of death and said "only push moshing is allowed for this whole song", which actually happened. It was pretty awesome.

Anyway. I'll just have to wait and see, and report back my findings from out in the field.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
This. 100% THIS. I'm getting into Darkest Hour and wish they were the direct opener.

For the person who just saw them, I heard Rise to Remain dropped off. Was it just 3 bands or a different opener? Thanks!
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 01-18-2012, 01:26 PM
N00B

I would love to hear A Thousand Lies live. Not like this tour is coming near me regardless
Old 01-18-2012, 02:07 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
This. 100% THIS. I'm getting into Darkest Hour and wish they were the direct opener.

For the person who just saw them, I heard Rise to Remain dropped off. Was it just 3 bands or a different opener? Thanks!
Yeah they didn't have any replacement for Rise to Remain. Darkest Hour was the 1st band to go on.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:43 PM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Well, I'd rather have people not feeling them than just everybody standing around and having some skinny kids windmilling in the center of a huge open pit. I dunno though, I know a bunch of friends back at home who aren't -core fans but like Suicide Silence and like to mosh at their shows.

And from previous live experiences and watching interviews, I know Mitch Lucker isn't a fan of hardcore dancing, and constantly wants people to get in moshes/circle pits. When they covered Engine No. 9 last summer at Peabody's, he made everybody get in a wall of death and said "only push moshing is allowed for this whole song", which actually happened. It was pretty awesome.

Anyway. I'll just have to wait and see, and report back my findings from out in the field.
I'm going to show up, start hardcore dancing and throw off everything!
Old 01-18-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
I'm going to show up, start hardcore dancing and throw off everything!

You should come and hang with Daimonos and I.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Machine Head posted a picture of all the merch that is going to be on sale for this tour http://machinehead1.com/board_posts/...merch-revealed They don't have any Blackening shirts unfournately.
Ugh, I hate that new scratchy/deathcore-y logo they have. And it's on all the stuff.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:14 PM
N00B

MACHINE
FUCKING
HEAD

HEAD
BANG
MOTHER
FUCKER

ugh who in their right mind would buy this who isn't 15? terrible merch. but they've generally had terrible merch forever. show will still rule...bought my ticket today at the Best Buy Theatre box office. doubt this sells out.
Chevelle/Middle Class Rut-8/27
Mineral-9/6
Joyce Manor-9/15
Uncle Acid-9/26

Tags
machine head