Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Samhain -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 19th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- September 19th, 2014
DragonForce -- Aberdeen, Scotland -- September 18th, 2014
Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 01-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Flying Whales is about fat chicks crowdsurfing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal_descent View Post
Seeing Tool > seeing a shitty Megadeth set + Motorhead + Volbeat

Didn't mention Lacuna Coil because they're shit anyhow
I agree, but I can't resell the tickets for Tool because I already sold the other 2 tickets, one of them to the guy who's giving me a ride.

And used the money.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:25 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
I like the set but Vicarious should be a staple. It's their best song imho.
>Favorite band is Tool
>Thinks best song is of Vicarious
>Best song is on 10,000 Days
>10,000 days

Old 01-17-2012, 08:52 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
>Favorite band is Tool
>Thinks best song is of Vicarious
>Best song is on 10,000 Days
>10,000 days

Vicarious is one of their best songs, top five for me. 10,000 Days is a good album, but I like Undertow and Aenima the best.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:00 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
Vicarious is one of their best songs, top five for me. 10,000 Days is a good album, but I like Undertow and Aenima the best.
It is a good album and Vicarious is a good song, but not even CLOSE to their best songs, considering everything off Lateralus and AEnima is better than every song off 10,000 Days.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:07 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
...everything off Lateralus and AEnima is better than every song off 10,000 Days.
Horseshit. I'd rather see "Jambi", "Vicarious" or "The Pot" live than fucking tired old "Stinkfist" any day. Fucking hell, I'm getting sick of that song. "Aenema" and "Schism" aren't far behind, either (I mean, they're great songs, but enough already).
Old 01-17-2012, 09:14 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Horseshit. I'd rather see "Jambi", "Vicarious" or "The Pot" live than fucking tired old "Stinkfist" any day. Fucking hell, I'm getting sick of that song. "Aenema" and "Schism" aren't far behind, either (I mean, they're great songs, but enough already).
"Vicarious" and "The Pot" are on the radio(well used to at least), that people would be going to Tool shows just to hear those songs. I've never seen Tool so I would rather hear "Stinkfist" over any song on "10,000 days". I mean I love "Jambi" and I know every word to "Vicarious", but no way could it reach the best Tool song ever, let alone the top 5.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

I don't go to shows to hear songs I can't hear on the radio. Hell, I don't even listen to the fucking radio. Not even satellite. I collect CD's, and burn copies of what I want to listen to for my commute to and from work, and listen to shit on my laptop while at the office or on my mp3 player when in the gym. Fuck radio.

I go to shows to see / hear awesome songs be performed at maximum volume, live before my very eyes. I could give a shit less if they're on the radio or not. This notion that "if people know about it / have easy access to it, then it must not be good" is one of the stupidest things I constantly hear otherwise intelligent people saying. It's just fucking ludicrous.

Awesome is awesome. When I go to a show, I want to hear awesome. "Jambi" and "Vicarious" qualify as "awesome" for me. So do a number of other songs from every single album Tool has ever released. As long as the set list is comprised of mostly awesome shit, I'm a happy camper. It's not like I'd be totally disinterested in hearing a song performed live if it weren't in my top ten songs for that band. That's just expecting way too much - you're just bound to be disappointed if that's what you're hoping for when you buy a ticket.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:45 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I don't go to shows to hear songs I can't hear on the radio. Hell, I don't even listen to the fucking radio. Not even satellite. I collect CD's, and burn copies of what I want to listen to for my commute to and from work, and listen to shit on my laptop while at the office or on my mp3 player when in the gym. Fuck radio.

I go to shows to see / hear awesome songs be performed at maximum volume, live before my very eyes. I could give a shit less if they're on the radio or not. This notion that "if people know about it / have easy access to it, then it must not be good" is one of the stupidest things I constantly hear otherwise intelligent people saying. It's just fucking ludicrous.

Awesome is awesome. When I go to a show, I want to hear awesome. "Jambi" and "Vicarious" qualify as "awesome" for me. So do a number of other songs from every single album Tool has ever released. As long as the set list is comprised of mostly awesome shit, I'm a happy camper. It's not like I'd be totally disinterested in hearing a song performed live if it weren't in my top ten songs for that band. That's just expecting way too much - you're just bound to be disappointed if that's what you're hoping for when you buy a ticket.
I don't care about the radio really, but its the fact all my friends pretend to love Tool, when they know songs of 10,000 days, which I know I shouldn't give a fuck, but it still bothers me. In that way, I wish those songs were played just so those people could learn to actually listen to material not on the radio played. I still love the songs, trust me I love everything Tool has released, but those people are what truly annoy me. I bought my tickets expecting Tool to not play any of the songs I really wanted, because they are my favorite band and as long as I get to see Danny on the drums, Adam on the guitar, Justin on the bass and hear Maynard use his amazing voice, I am the happiest person on the earth. I never expected them to play my top 10(thankfully they are playing a good amount of it ). Only point I made was I prefer most of Undertow, AEnima, Lateralus over most of 10,000 days. Also that I wouldn't consider Vicarious close to their top 10 best songs. But you know, that's just like, my opinion, man.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:12 AM
N00B

Quote:
"Vicarious" and "The Pot" are on the radio(well used to at least), that people would be going to Tool shows just to hear those songs. I've never seen Tool so I would rather hear "Stinkfist" over any song on "10,000 days". I mean I love "Jambi" and I know every word to "Vicarious", but no way could it reach the best Tool song ever, let alone the top 5.
I used to hear Schism, Stinkfist, 46 & 2 and even Aenema on the radio all the time.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

When will you guys realize the whole "I hear it on the radio" argument doesn't work because we all live in different places? If I say "I hear it on the radio" it'll be fucking MOOT because I live in Russia, and honestly, same goes for comparing what you hear on the radio in Florida to what you hear on the radio in Pittsburgh.
3/15 Gogol Bordello

Tags
tool