Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

  #21  
Old 01-15-2012, 11:31 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by cradle_of_maiden View Post
That's the first time I've heard someone say anything good about a Blaze album
You should come here more often when there's a raging Maiden discussion. 'The X Factor' has a lot of fans here.

The Blaze albums are one of those standard I-hate-it-because-that's-what-the-internet-tells-me-to-hate things.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-15-2012, 11:44 AM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
You should come here more often when there's a raging Maiden discussion. 'The X Factor' has a lot of fans here.

The Blaze albums are one of those standard I-hate-it-because-that's-what-the-internet-tells-me-to-hate things.
X-factor is a guilty pleasure. It's two or three tracks too long and it's a stark contrast in energy from your classic Maiden sound, but it is legitimately a good album. It was just released at the wrong time. Steve is making up for it though by releasing that same album over and over again out of bitterness and contempt for his fans.

Virutal XI blows though. Overly repetitive, inane choruses galore.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Blitzkrieg Witchcraft's Avatar
Blitzkrieg Witchcraft Blitzkrieg Witchcraft is offline
Play it loud, don't play it low
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,565
There are 4 good Blaze/Maiden songs:

Futureal
Man on the Edge (awful lyrics, though)
The Sign of the Cross
The Clansman
__________________
2/23: Metal Church
3/21: Carcass
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-15-2012, 11:56 AM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
X-factor is a guilty pleasure. It's two or three tracks too long and it's a stark contrast in energy from your classic Maiden sound, but it is legitimately a good album. It was just released at the wrong time. Steve is making up for it though by releasing that same album over and over again out of bitterness and contempt for his fans.

Virutal XI blows though. Overly repetitive, inane choruses galore.
This. VXI has a few good songs, but overall? Yeesh. The X Factor has held up surprisingly well, though.
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Maidenmagic's Avatar
Maidenmagic Maidenmagic is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by cradle_of_maiden View Post
You like The X Factor best out of all the maiden albums?
Lyrically and musically their greatest achievement. Big step up after the Raspy Bruce/hard rock records. The sound they have now is based from The X factor. The only bad song on Virtual XI is The Angel and the gambler. The worst Maiden album, to me, is No prayer for the dying.

Last edited by Maidenmagic; 01-15-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Maidenmagic's Avatar
Maidenmagic Maidenmagic is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
at every Maiden discussion eventually becoming how everyone ranks the albums
Sorry, just couldn't resist.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Maidenmagic's Avatar
Maidenmagic Maidenmagic is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by cradle_of_maiden View Post
That's the first time I've heard someone say anything good about a Blaze album
Some hardcore fans would have nice things to say about the Blaze era.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-15-2012, 12:30 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenmagic View Post
Lyrically and musically their greatest achievement. Big step up after the Raspy Bruce/hard rock records. The sound they have now is based from The X factor. The only bad song on Virtual XI is The Angel and the gambler. The worst Maiden album, to me, is No prayer for the dying.
This. All of it.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Maidenmagic's Avatar
Maidenmagic Maidenmagic is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 643
Wow. It's nice that someone agrees with me. Thanks Ravenheart.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-17-2012, 06:05 AM
brutal_descent's Avatar
brutal_descent brutal_descent is offline
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Russia
Posts: 5,846
@ Facebook

Quote:
Iron Maiden En Vivo! live Blu-ray, DVD and CD will be released on March 26th 2012.
__________________
11/22 Iceage
12/3 Peter Murphy
12/6 Cut Copy
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:40 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008