Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Nile -- Baltimore, MD -- April 15th, 2014
Within Temptation -- Newcastle, England -- April 14th, 2014
Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014
Destruction -- Montreal, Quebec -- April 14th, 2014
Ghoul -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Old 01-14-2012, 06:41 PM
though the vocals can be a little to extreme for me some times

I meant Matrys was a great movie but just wasn't really that messed up.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:34 AM
Fragments of a sunbeam glaring on a kitchen knife

I thought all three August Underground flicks were quite humorous and ineffective, but to each his own. Cannibal Holocaust is definitely disturbing but doesn't come anywhere near ASF imo. If Martyrs isn't that bad, Id like to know what is, all that comes to mind right now are the Man Behind The Sun series, and please dont say Devils Rejects ;p.

Last edited by HandOfDoom; 01-15-2012 at 04:40 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:04 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandOfDoom View Post
I thought all three August Underground flicks were quite humorous and ineffective, but to each his own. Cannibal Holocaust is definitely disturbing but doesn't come anywhere near ASF imo. If Martyrs isn't that bad, Id like to know what is, all that comes to mind right now are the Man Behind The Sun series, and please dont say Devils Rejects ;p.
BUMP.....

Yeah, I've never been able to make through an August Underground flick, just cause they're so stupid and pointless. And yes, A Serbian Film has got to be more brutal, as it really doesn't seem THAT far fetched. I mean, just read about the shit that happens in the world every day.

And anyone who says Martyrs isn't that bad, is truly a sick individual. I personally felt sick to my stomach watching a defenseless woman being brutally beaten up continuously, punched in the face numerous times by a 270 lb dude, then flayed alive. Yep, pretty fucked up. I haven't seen every fucked up movie ever made, but if you aren't bothered by that, there aren't many things that WILL bother you.

03/08-Suffocation (?)
04/04-Kataklysm, Aborted (?)
04/05-Biohazard, Sworn Enemy (?)

Last edited by hellawaits77ny; 02-13-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:14 PM
though the vocals can be a little to extreme for me some times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
BUMP.....

Yeah, I've never been able to make through an August Underground flick, just cause they're so stupid and pointless. And yes, A Serbian Film has got to be more brutal, as it really doesn't seem THAT far fetched. I mean, just read about the shit that happens in the world every day.

And anyone who says Martyrs isn't that bad, is truly a sick individual. I personally felt sick to my stomach watching a defenseless woman being brutally beaten up continuously, punched in the face numerous times by a 270 lb, then flayed alive. Yep, pretty fucked up. I haven't seen every fucked up movie ever made, but if you aren't bothered by that, there aren't many things that WILL bother you.
I remember watching Matrys with my friends and they all freaked out the entire film and I thought it was weird but not that fucked up.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Fragments of a sunbeam glaring on a kitchen knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
BUMP.....

And anyone who says Martyrs isn't that bad, is truly a sick individual. I personally felt sick to my stomach watching a defenseless woman being brutally beaten up continuously, punched in the face numerous times by a 270 lb, then flayed alive. Yep, pretty fucked up. I haven't seen every fucked up movie ever made, but if you aren't bothered by that, there aren't many things that WILL bother you.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:29 PM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Is it wrong that I watched it while getting head from my lady friend?! Trust me I didn't want to it was her idea!

I'm sorry, that actually did make me snicker like a dumbass upon reading it. On the plus side, I now have some new movies to check out (the August Underground series, the Man Behind the Sun, and Martyrs).

On topic though - apparently there's some sort of metaphor behind ASF, but much like the movie Dogtooth, if there was one, I sure as hell didn't see it.
5/3 - TDEP?
5/5 - Master?
5/12 - Nile
5/24 - Down OR Dax Riggs
7/15 - Motley Crue?

Last edited by RampinUp46; 10-07-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Rats off to ya

On the topic of fucked up movies has anyone ever seen this foreign film called Taxidermia? I just caught wind of it recently and supposedly it's one of the worst. I read the plot synopsis and i'm not sure if I want to see this.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:03 PM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
On the topic of fucked up movies has anyone ever seen this foreign film called Taxidermia? I just caught wind of it recently and supposedly it's one of the worst. I read the plot synopsis and i'm not sure if I want to see this.
It sounds like the opposite of the Human Centipede - a plot that seems "so bad it's good", but it's probably well played in its delivery.
5/3 - TDEP?
5/5 - Master?
5/12 - Nile
5/24 - Down OR Dax Riggs
7/15 - Motley Crue?
Old 10-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampinUp46 View Post
It sounds like the opposite of the Human Centipede - a plot that seems "so bad it's good", but it's probably well played in its delivery.
The movie is actually critically acclaimed from what I hear.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:28 AM
N00B

It is an extreme film for people who haven't seen very many extreme films.