Some People Call Me The White Devil

The Devil Inside

Just saw the film. My review

review

The Devil Inside Movie Review

Released (in theaters) : January 2012

Genre : Horror / Mockumentary

Story (from Netflix) :

At once spooky and grisly, this thriller follows a woman’s quest to find the truth behind claims that her mother killed three people during an exorcism. The daughter’s journey takes her to Italy, where she becomes involved in other exorcisms.

Review :

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!

How does a movie like this get released? This movie is horrible to say the least. Have I seen worse movies, yes, but this has to be close to being one of the worst. First off I’m sick of the shakey camera / mockumentary / Blair Witch wannabes. Cloverfield was decent, Paranormal Activity is bad, and movies like this are horrible. They trend isn’t doing well so let’s stop it and try again in ten years. Onto the “Film”. If we should call it that. Like most of these types movies a good 75+% of the film is useless dialog. The story here is pretty simple yet they continuously try to pull depth into it by explaining religion, exorcism methods, the vatican and classes etc. None of it adds to the film or adds to the plot. The actual exorcism scenes are decently done with the first one being the best yet it wasn’t scary. If anything it was pretty funny. The scenes do get over too quickly though. Also this movie kinda points out at the beginning what happens at the end. Now about the end. Let it be told this is by far one the worst endings ever. I feel like pretty much they ran out of time, money, or just any ideas so they just make a complete nonsense cashout ending. The screening I was in was nearly sold out and the end had EVERYONE in the theater get up saying how the movie was horrible, the ending was a copout, and generally most people just booed the film. Hopefully the dvd has a different ending for it. Also the whole thing at the end “The case is still open. Check www.thisfilmishorrible.org for more info on the case” is a complete joke. That alone shows this movie was bond to fail and they weren’t even trying. Overall this isn’t worth a watch at all.

Score : 1/10