Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Neurosis -- Tucson, AZ -- October 18, 2014
The Empty Hearts -- Cranston, RI -- October 19th, 2014
King Diamond -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 18th, 2014
Satan -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 17th, 2014
Deicide -- Kansas City, MO -- October 17th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 01-07-2012, 10:09 PM
GarageMetal468's Avatar
GarageMetal468 GarageMetal468 is offline
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
66th, only 2 votes.

Tied with STEEL PANTHER LOL


Damn, and yet Machine Head is in the top 10. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/nucleusmetal
http://nucleus.bandcamp.com/album/the-colony
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-07-2012, 10:10 PM
slapguitarer's Avatar
slapguitarer slapguitarer is offline
Buahahahahaha
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,417
Really it should be "Couldn't care less about" but a lot of people say "Could care less about" for some reason. Me no comprehendo.
__________________
10/30 KING DIAMOND
11/03 Today Is The Day/Graves At Sea (?)
11/06 Intronaut
11/22 Ghoul (?)
12/12&19(?) Lil B 'The Based God'
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-07-2012, 10:14 PM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal_descent View Post
Isn't it "couldn't care less"? I make that mistake all the time because of that DevilDriver song.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
Really it should be "Couldn't care less about" but a lot of people say "Could care less about" for some reason. Me no comprehendo.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-07-2012, 10:15 PM
brutal_descent's Avatar
brutal_descent brutal_descent is offline
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Russia
Posts: 5,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
u just mad cuz we smarter den u
__________________
11/22 Iceage
12/3 Peter Murphy
12/6 Cut Copy
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,930
We need to just ban everyone who wasn't here before mid-2009.

Kidding, of course. But seriously, bleh.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-07-2012, 10:22 PM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
It has nothing to do with grammar.
Case in point
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-07-2012, 10:25 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,968
It ceases to be merely a grammar issue when the thing you say is the exact opposite of what you mean.
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-07-2012, 10:30 PM
illuminatus917's Avatar
illuminatus917 illuminatus917 is offline
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: the mountains, NC
Posts: 3,050
Blog Entries: 2
I honestly don't think of it as a grammar issue as much as just the misinterpretation of a phrase, but technically it is a grammatical mistake, hence my comment deletion.
__________________
Never whistle while you're pissing.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-07-2012, 10:32 PM
brutal_descent's Avatar
brutal_descent brutal_descent is offline
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Russia
Posts: 5,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
It ceases to be merely a grammar issue when the thing you say is the exact opposite of what you mean.
this

also; thread succesfully hijacked
__________________
11/22 Iceage
12/3 Peter Murphy
12/6 Cut Copy
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-07-2012, 10:37 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,968
my thoughts because why not

1. Vektor album was quite good and I'm ok with it making the list though I think #1 is a little ridiculous.
2. The Hunter is overrated shit. Mastodon's last album worthy of praise on the level of #2 on a list was Leviathan and frankly both albums after Blood Mountain are pretty much just bad.
3. I'm not majorly into the genre and Revocation never struck me as being special among it but since it's just not my thing, whatever.
4. Really good album, ok with it being on this list but #4 is too high.
5. I almost half-like this album because I liked it on my first listen, but it had the least staying power of anything I've heard this year, boring the shit out of me every time I tried to listen to it afterwards. I think it's insane that this is on here tbh.
6. Didn't listen to this album at all because I'm not a fan of DTP, whatever.
7a. I have no idea why this is so popular because honestly I think it's bad when weighed against other similar music. But it's not my specialty area so maybe I just don't get it.
7b. Exciting because it's the first good IE album in a while. But I think it's only good in a year with lots of music better than good. I think the excitement over a 'comeback' has given this album more love than it deserves.
8. SubRosa album was great and unlike Vektor/Anthrax I don't think that it coming in at #8 is questionable, so this is probably the entry I most agree with.
9. Never listened to this because I'm a bad person.
10. We can do better guys.
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:01 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008