Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
Dat scream. He's still got it!
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Old 12-28-2011, 12:43 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Dat scream. He's still got it!
Word

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 12-28-2011, 01:10 AM

Biohazard -NEMHF : April 15 @ The Palladium - Worcester, MA

Part of this is the Biohazard fanboy that I am, but this really was the best show I went to this year, and one of the best I've ever been to. Biohazard doesn't play NA much (hence why I'm seeing them a bunch in Jan-Feb), and I had only seen them once before, so I was looking forward to this big time. Typical great energy out of the band. They sounded great, especially since other bands (even bands I liked) seemed to sound like shit over The Palladium's PA. It was a typical setlist, but it was a great one. They let people on stage about halfway through which was really cool. I was torn between continuing to stealth film from the balcony or run downstairs and hop on stage. Ended up continuing to film. Probably a good choice, as I was hammered. Probably woulda fallen and hurt myself, or punched someone. What's great about this band is that they (except Evan - who has since quit) really seem to enjoy playing live. I see a lot of bands, even bands who do indeed play w/ lot's of energy, seem to be just going through the motions. Wasn't the case here. A great show and a great weekend!

Howard Beach
Down For Life + Survival of The Fittest
5 Blocks To The Subway
Punishment
Hold My Own

11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 12-29-2011, 02:44 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Sweet lists, man! Agree on the TUI and Terror live reviews; great bands.

Quote:

Winds of Plague
Against The World

Most people here hate Winds Of Plague, but I really enjoyed their 1st 2 albums. I actually bought this album, as I was really looking forward to it. Big mistake. Their cheesy ass single, Refined In The Fire, actually made me excited for the release. For whatever reason, I like that song. That's the ONLY highlight of this album. First off, the production is awful. All instruments are blended together, and NOTHING sticks out. Even the keyboards are low in the mix. And didn't this band use to be a little technical? Their first 2 albums (especially Decimate The Weak), had some solid techincal riffs throughout. They are nowhere to be found on this album. So much DUNDUNDUNNNNDADADADUNDUNDUN riffs, they only thing seperating them from simple doo doo deathcore is some lame ass keyboards. On a plus note, I saw WOP twice this year, and they're still a great live band.
I would have agreed with your points the week this album came out, but now, I have to disagree with everything you just said.

Think of it this way: Winds of Plague is no longer a Deathcore band. This album is not a deathcore album. It's Ignorant Wiggermosh, aka NU-METAL 2.0! Most of the breakdowns now are midpaced, strongly influenced by a hardcore vibe. The songs have ignorant and mindless lyrics, and are easy to mosh to. My least favorite songs on the album are actually the ones that sound the most Deathcore-y, like Most Hated or Monsters. Refined in the Fire, Drop the Match, and ESPECIALLY California are all the best songs. No joke. I was working out one day blasting California, and it all clicked in my head. It's cheesy, fun, and stupidly heavy hardcore, like 25 Ta Life or something. I'm probably the only person here that feels this way. Again... don't view it as deathcore.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post

I would have agreed with your points the week this album came out, but now, I have to disagree with everything you just said.

Think of it this way: Winds of Plague is no longer a Deathcore band. This album is not a deathcore album. It's Ignorant Wiggermosh, aka NU-METAL 2.0! Most of the breakdowns now are midpaced, strongly influenced by a hardcore vibe. The songs have ignorant and mindless lyrics, and are easy to mosh to. My least favorite songs on the album are actually the ones that sound the most Deathcore-y, like Most Hated or Monsters. Refined in the Fire, Drop the Match, and ESPECIALLY California are all the best songs. No joke. I was working out one day blasting California, and it all clicked in my head. It's cheesy, fun, and stupidly heavy hardcore, like 25 Ta Life or something. I'm probably the only person here that feels this way. Again... don't view it as deathcore.
Good points. But whatever it's considered, it still sucks to my ears.

11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 12-29-2011, 07:46 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Good points. But whatever it's considered, it still sucks to my ears.
Fair enough! Just giving my
Old 12-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Bitch, shut up and blast beat my meat like a Pete Sandoval with titties.

Quote:

Biohazard -NEMHF : April 15 @ The Palladium - Worcester, MA

Part of this is the Biohazard fanboy that I am, but this really was the best show I went to this year, and one of the best I've ever been to. Biohazard doesn't play NA much (hence why I'm seeing them a bunch in Jan-Feb), and I had only seen them once before, so I was looking forward to this big time. Typical great energy out of the band. They sounded great, especially since other bands (even bands I liked) seemed to sound like shit over The Palladium's PA. It was a typical setlist, but it was a great one. They let people on stage about halfway through which was really cool. I was torn between continuing to stealth film from the balcony or run downstairs and hop on stage. Ended up continuing to film. Probably a good choice, as I was hammered. Probably woulda fallen and hurt myself, or punched someone. What's great about this band is that they (except Evan - who has since quit) really seem to enjoy playing live. I see a lot of bands, even bands who do indeed play w/ lot's of energy, seem to be just going through the motions. Wasn't the case here. A great show and a great weekend!

Howard Beach
Down For Life + Survival of The Fittest
5 Blocks To The Subway
Punishment
Hold My Own
FUCK YEAH

1/19- Despise You
1/21- Castle
2/14- Hatebreed
3/16- AILD
Old 12-29-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_streets View Post
FUCK YEAH

Was such a great show. I almost wish I hadn't drank so much Stoli O and Monster, so I could've gone on stage.

11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 12-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post

Although the album saw a big stylistic change, I would still say they're a deathcore band. I mean, you know that "ignorant wiggermosh" is not a genre. But yeah, they've pretty much gone that route. As for the music though, I think it was a disaster except for "Refined in the Fire". I think the band knows this too, since they only played two new songs when I saw them on Warped Tour. Take into consideration that the other 5 songs in their set were all from Decimate the Weak. I'm happy I saw them in their prime though, and got to hear "Anthems of Apocalypse" live.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
I'm happy I saw them in their prime though, and got to hear "Anthems of Apocalypse" live.
That must've been sweet. DTW is a great album. What year was that, that they played Anthems?

They played 3 songs from Against The World when I saw them earlier this month. It's a shame they're down to 1 song from The Great Stone War. Not as good as DTW, but still a great album IMO.

11/25-Slayer (?)

Last edited by hellawaits77ny; 12-29-2011 at 09:51 PM.