Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 12-23-2011, 07:59 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

The Haunted
Unseen

This album was so bad, I couldn't bring myself to listen to the whole thing. I mean seriously, what is this? It's an alternative album. What happened to these guys? They must be looking for record sales. I hope this album sold like shit.

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 12-23-2011, 08:15 PM

Big suprise, huh?

11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 12-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post

Big suprise, huh?
Old 12-23-2011, 08:30 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post

The Haunted
Unseen

This album was so bad, I couldn't bring myself to listen to the whole thing. I mean seriously, what is this? It's an alternative album. What happened to these guys? They must be looking for record sales. I hope this album sold like shit.
As much as I hate this album, The City is a good song.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
As much as I hate this album, The City is a good song.
True, I don't mind that song.

11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 12-23-2011, 10:09 PM

5 Worst Concerts (or Individual Performances)

Bury Your Dead - New England Metal and Hardcore Fest : April 15

I was really looking forward to this, as Mat coming back to BYD was in my eyes, saving the band. That shit they were doing w/ Myke was just awful. It was Mat's 1st show w/ the band in 6 years, it was their new drummer's 1st show, combined w/ massive weight gain by both Slim and Mat, the band both sounded and looked like shit. They played without much energy; their drummer fucked up, a lot; the Palladium's PA sucked which made it that much worse, and Mat forgot the vocals a few times and instead made "sounds". Forgetting the lyrics does happen occasionally, so I will forgive him, but it happened at least 5 times. Also (and he did this even before he quit in '06), he just got plain lazy w/ some of the lyrics. His gruff ass barks were sort of just, spoken in a deep voice, I guess would be my best description.

I know this show got great reviews, even by some people here. I guarantee I was drunker than most of them, so it wasn't booze making them enjoy it more. Not sure why people thought it was great. An idea of how bad they look:

11/25-Slayer (?)

Last edited by hellawaits77ny; 12-24-2011 at 12:35 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:15 PM

Oceano - New England Metal and Hardcore Fest : April 16

The only reason this isn't higher is because the set, thank God, was only 20 minutes. I knew these guys are bad, but I didn't realize their live show would be this awful. First of all, there was NOTHING differentiating any song. It all sounded the same, everything. Secondly, they are lifeless on stage except for the lead singer. Third, their lead singer is a dick. He kept telling everyone in front to turn around and push the person behind them towards the back barrier. He said (and this is the God's honest truth) he wanted to "hurt the people in back who weren't moshing". Seriously. He wanted people to actually hurt others. That's not just being a dick, that shows he is a sick human being. Then he kept saying shit afterwards like "fight for your fucking life". Yeah, real tough guy he is. I'd like to meet him alone w/o any cops around, we'll see how tough he really is. And their bass player (or maybe guitar player, whoever the fat guy is) is probably the laziest person under 40 in a metal band I've ever seen on stage. He did not move once. His only movement was slowly bobbing his head all the way down and up. And between songs he'd flip off the crowd. Yeah, real cool, buddy.

11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 12-23-2011, 11:25 PM

Summer Slaughter - Montreal : August 10

It wasn't any individual performance, it was just the overall experience. First off all, the tix were $40 (shows are always more expensive in MTL), and combined w/ gas, $60 went into getting to the show. The traffic getting into the city was horrendous. It usually takes me about 80 minutes to get to downtown MTL, if I don't run into a shitload of traffic. Took me close to 3 hours.

Now onto the actual show. I'm a Six Feet Under fan, not a huge one, but I like a few of their albums. I have never seen them before and was looking forward to it. As is often the case in Montreal, the band couldn't make it. Had to sit through a couple bands I didn't care for. That's normal, but it certainly didn't help this show. To top it all off, Whitechapel, the co-headliner, played a whole fucking 37 MINUTES. Gee, thanks genius' behind this tour. The only thing that was good about this show was Dying Fetus killed it, as always. So combining the $ I spent, SFU not being there, WC playing a short ass set, traffic, it was just a waste of $ and time. As much as I love Dying Fetus, they certainly aren't worth that much time and $ for a 9 song set.

11/25-Slayer (?)

Last edited by hellawaits77ny; 12-24-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:12 AM
Headbanger

very entertaining thread. we share 4 of the same 5 biggest dissapointments
Old 12-24-2011, 01:03 AM

Born Of Osiris - New England Metal and Hardcore Festival : April 16

First, I will give this young band credit, they are very talented musicians. My praise ends there. The first time I saw them, they sucked. This show was exacerbated by the fact their set was longer this time.

I hate their music, I hate the gay ass crabcore way they move on stage, I hate the way they dress (like fags), and I especially hate their keyboard player. Little ass young punk who probably barely bench presses the bar, walking around stage throwing his arms up to the crowd like he was a black gangster. I have no problem w/ African American's, but I despise when people try to be something they aren't. I wanted to leap from the balcony and clothesline his ass Kane style from the top rope, well balcony in this case . Fucking punk. They were awful. Very lifeless on stage for being so young, and they sound even worse live than do on record, cause you can't decifer anything. Both times I;ve seen them, everything has sounded the same, almost as similar as Oceano's songs sounded. They had nothing going for them that night. While the crowd seemed to dig them, they had absolutley no stage "prescence".

11/25-Slayer (?)

Last edited by hellawaits77ny; 01-28-2012 at 11:54 PM.