10/4 Mark Lanegan
11/1 Dax Riggs
11/8 LOG/KSE
12/12 High on Fire
2/22 DT/OG
Old 12-22-2011, 07:27 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

I'm so mad I missed this.

And I'm guessing the show was fantastic because you never post reviews or setlists
Old 12-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco44 View Post
Those mother fuckers had better not forget to headline an LA show. So good live
Their weird tour isn't coming to LA
Old 12-22-2011, 08:40 PM
N00B

Yeah, San Luis Obispo is too long of a drive although if I didn't already have plans and had friends that were down I might consider going. Black Cobra and Intronaut would be pretty sweet.
10/3 Anathema/ Alcest
10/4 Mark Lanegan
11/1 Dax Riggs
11/8 LOG/KSE
12/12 High on Fire
2/22 DT/OG
Old 12-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Bringer of Darkness

The first band of the evening was the local band Gusher, they are a noise rock band that shows some promise, but I ultimately got put off by their new really shitty sound and disjointed songs (great moments, but not great whole songs). During this break I went and purchased some merch, got some vinyls at the black cobra table since they were at a really good price. Struck up a conversation with their merch guy who is also their road manager. Talked about the Kyuss Lives! tour they were on, how awesome and godly YOB is, Roadburn and other doom/sludge shit. He said while they are in Europe, they are pretty sure they're getting on a tour supporting COC. Also meet Jason and Rafael they were really cool and down to earth. They signed my stuff and thanked me for coming out and buying shit, told them how fucking awesome their band is. The second act was a pretty famous death/grind band around here called Laughing Dog they were alright but not my thing, one of those bands that try and hide the fact they can't write great songs by being overly brutal. The next band was the most surprising of the night for me, locals Ronoso. A sludge band that plays like a crust/grind band, with cool dissonant parts. Equal parts Eyehategod, Crowbar, (early) Napalm Death, Bolt Thrower, Trap Them. I loved their set completely, their sound was huge and massive. The highlight from their set has to be Indrone Toenail, such a great song. After they finished I talked to the members for awhile and bought both of their albums (one on cd because the vinyl had sold out and the other on vinyl (clear/green splatter ) I suggest anyone who thinks they'd like that by the description to track their albums down immediately. You will not be disappointed. Went outside for a smoke break and came back in as Black Cobra was sound checking. By then the crowd had filled up about half capacity. Then got blasted by 45 minutes of the most punishing metal, I've ever endured. As soon as Jason struck the first notes of Avalanche the crowd went insane and was whipped into a complete frenzy. The crowd's insanity never faulted the entire duration of the concert. I honestly could not pick a highlight from their set it all was so great, it was pretty cool getting all of Invernal though. Everyone was either moshing or headbaning or shouting along to the lyrics. If you love Black Cobra, but have never seen them live you are missing out sooooo bad. Everything is intensified by a 100, Jason's vocals are dead on and his guitar playing is just immense sludgy and heavy but frantically fast for the most part. Rafael's drumming in one word is just thundering, together they are the LOUDEST band I've have ever heard. (You were right Manks) It took at least 20 minutes for me to get my hearing back after the concert. I got all of both bands sets on video, I'll try and get that up soon.

Here's some of the shit I bought

Last edited by hb420; 12-22-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:33 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Glad you had a good time, man. I checked out Ronoso and they are indeed pretty awesome! I only heard one song from their facebook but I DL'ed their two albums and I'll give 'em a spin tomorrow
Old 12-22-2011, 10:04 PM
Bringer of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
Glad you had a good time, man. I checked out Ronoso and they are indeed pretty awesome! I only heard one song from their facebook but I DL'ed their two albums and I'll give 'em a spin tomorrow
Nice. Yeah, you're one of the people I was sure would dig them on here. Crusty sludge grind seems like your thing. Had I heard Sleep and Destroy last year, it would have made my top ten.

Tags
black cobra, ronoso