Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014
Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 12-18-2011, 06:37 PM
We're dying on the inside

Feel so bad for that eye. First Cause of Death, now this.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

6. Syphilitic Vaginas- Alpha Antichrist

Unfortunately, this is the only album on the list I've put together that I don't actually own. I really don't think that's that ridiculous though when the first pressing of the bands debut full length is limited to 250 copies (90% of which I'm sure were sold in Japan.) I love obscure records and the hunt for rare pieces of vinyl, but in this instance I really wish they had gone a less kvlt route and at least done even a shittier edition limited to at least 1000 copies (which I'm sure would still sell out remarkably fast.) The rarity also accounts for that image sadly being the only one I can find of the album on the internet. Oh well, it's fucking outstanding. For those who haven't heard Syphilitic Vaginas before, they are a probably the best GISM worship band there has ever been, but on some of the newer records they've developed the sound much more into incorporating 1st Wave of Black Metal and Motorheady riffing, and that only makes it all the more incredible. I play the fuck out of the few Syphilitic Vaginas records I am lucky enough to have, and I wish I could say the same for Alpha Antichrist because I think it is their pinnacle of quality so far...maybe one day. For now it's pretty easy to find a d/l and I suggest you all get on doing that right now!

Supersonic Motor Satanic
Old 12-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
6. Syphilitic Vaginas- Alpha Antichrist

Unfortunately, this is the only album on the list I've put together that I don't actually own. I really don't think that's that ridiculous though when the first pressing of the bands debut full length is limited to 250 copies (90% of which I'm sure were sold in Japan.) I love obscure records and the hunt for rare pieces of vinyl, but in this instance I really wish they had gone a less kvlt route and at least done even a shittier edition limited to at least 1000 copies (which I'm sure would still sell out remarkably fast.) The rarity also accounts for that image sadly being the only one I can find of the album on the internet. Oh well, it's fucking outstanding. For those who haven't heard Syphilitic Vaginas before, they are a probably the best GISM worship band there has ever been, but on some of the newer records they've developed the sound much more into incorporating 1st Wave of Black Metal and Motorheady riffing, and that only makes it all the more incredible. I play the fuck out of the few Syphilitic Vaginas records I am lucky enough to have, and I wish I could say the same for Alpha Antichrist because I think it is their pinnacle of quality so far...maybe one day. For now it's pretty easy to find a d/l and I suggest you all get on doing that right now!

Supersonic Motor Satanic
cool shit
1/28 - Machine Head
Old 12-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Altars of Radness

That name is more suited for a brutal death metal band, but the song is actually really good.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:39 AM

5. Goatpenis- Depleted Ammunition

2011 brought about the end of a decade free from acts of terrorism as grandiose and iconic as 9/11. Fortunately, my favorite war metal guerillas were quick to try and give al-Qaeda a run for their money- and I think believe did just that. The only complaints I’ve heard about the band’s last effort Biochemterrorism were that the introduction of melodic leads(which I actually quite enjoyed) killed the hateful and aggressive atmosphere, and that the ass-bad production made the album suffer so much it could not be properly compared to Inhumanization. While I thought Biochemterrorism was awesome, Depleted Ammunition surpasses it in every way, and fixes the parts that got the last record detractors. Depleted Ammunition blends the grindiness of their debut with the complexity of Biochemterrorism and I’d say also works in much more ‘catchy’ death-riffs that all combine together to make pretty much the perfect “war-metal” release. Plus every song is named after a goddamn weapon, if that’s not badass I do not know what is. There are few albums that I can say legitimately emanate an atmosphere of total chaos, hatred, and genocide without relying on clichés or delving into the realms of tongue in cheek violence, but Depleted Ammunition accomplished that without question. I think Osama would be proud.

Although I’m sure Goatpenis would hate me for linking them to a Muslim, as I’m sure they are on the genocide-to-all-religions front annnd probably hate all non-white people.

MK-71 8
Old 12-20-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
That name is more suited for a brutal death metal band
It's a GISM song
Old 12-20-2011, 12:05 PM
...the dead are among us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
7. Morbus Chron- Sleepers in the Rift
Nice. I enjoyed the hell out of Sleepers in the Rift.