Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, ON -- April 13th, 2014
Nile -- Baltimore, MD -- April 15th, 2014
Within Temptation -- Newcastle, England -- April 14th, 2014
Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 12-12-2011, 03:25 PM
N00B

Quote:
Adorior stepped up and really set the tone for the rest of the night, brutality. Their front woman Melissa led the charge into battle with a full black thrashing death metal assault. Adorior was the first band of the night to whip the crowd into a real frenzy. They were also encouraging the crowd to drink heavily in their british accents between songs. This was Adorior’s first US performance, and if the reaction here was any indication this will not be the last. Hater of Fucking Humans garnered a massive roar from the crowd to close their set. “I LIKE TO MAKE THINGS SUFFER, BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL ALIVE!”
I would do nasty things to see this band live.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Altars of Radness

Thanks for the long review! Still sounds like it was a great time despite all the cancellations. I'd hope there was another Rites of Darkness, since we don't have many festivals like it, but I can't see it doing well after this year. Who knows though. Maybe it will come back, just on a smaller scale like the first couple years.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:15 PM
Altars of Radness

Corrected the Demigod set:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smearCampaign View Post
Demigod
Apocryphal
As I Behold I Despise
The Forlorn
Succumb to Dark
Tears of God
Fear Obscurities from Within
Dead Soul
Towards the Shrouded Infinity
Transmigration Beyond Eternity
Embrace the Darkness / Blood of the Perished
Slumber of Sullen Eyes
This guy has uploaded some good videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/southerndeathvids
Old 12-13-2011, 12:35 PM
...the dead are among us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Thanks for the long review! Still sounds like it was a great time despite all the cancellations. I'd hope there was another Rites of Darkness, since we don't have many festivals like it, but I can't see it doing well after this year. Who knows though. Maybe it will come back, just on a smaller scale like the first couple years.
I agree. And not to sound biased or anything, but this festival should be in Austin. You can read the reviews of people who came in from out of town that this was in a shit area of San Antonio with nothing really nearby and right next to the ghetto. There wasn't even an ATM at the venue and the one at the bar across the street was out of cash all weekend not to mention that food options were nonexistent unless you wanted a hot dog or movie theater style nachos. If they did this as a two day fest in Austin at either Red 7 or the Mohawk it would be great. So many hotels, restaurants, bars, food trucks and other venues in close walking distance.
5/23 - St. Vitus
5/28 - Pseudogod / Wrathprayer
5/29 - Floor
6/27 - DFHVN / Pallbearer
Old 12-13-2011, 01:27 PM
N00B

haha, I have the FULL set lists of EVERY single band and set. I'm gonna work it all into a massive review.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:31 PM
...the dead are among us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiden View Post
haha, I have the FULL set lists of EVERY single band and set. I'm gonna work it all into a massive review.
Awesome. You might as well post your own new thread for it since mine just has the two days listed. I had a blast and I look forward to your review!
5/23 - St. Vitus
5/28 - Pseudogod / Wrathprayer
5/29 - Floor
6/27 - DFHVN / Pallbearer
Old 12-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Altars of Radness

Seems that Rites of Darkness will continue on in 2013. From the FB page:

"Thanks to everyone who came out to this years ROD. We couldn't have done it without everyones support and enthusiasm. To all the bands and Backstage live that really helped making this run as smooth as it could possibly be. The names are endless but this was not a one man operation so those who helped, i am forever in your debt. All contributions that went towards Zemial are being reimbursed this ...week as well. Also, anyone with photos, videos or stories involved with the show, please email them to us at info@ritesofdarknessfest.com. I will be posting a long break down of everything leading up to this show shortly on our website. Including a disclosure of everything that lead up to and after the show. Till then, we are taking a long break for 2012. Keep an open date for February 2013 though.

Danny S."

Tags
adorior, antaeus, black witchery, demigod, inquisition, midnight, weapon, zemial